Author Topic: SNK to announce new hardware ?  (Read 3421 times)

Punch

Re: SNK to announce new hardware ?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2018, 05:55:24 PM »
If it isn't that SNK should pretend this never happened and only come back when they successfully copy that gorgeous design.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2018, 02:44:18 AM »
If I *knew* that dumb little box didn’t have a garbage joystick and buttons I’d buy this in a second. I smell a rat though. We’ll see. 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2018, 02:45:41 AM »
If I *knew* that dumb little box didn’t have a garbage joystick and buttons I’d buy this in a second. I smell a rat though. We’ll see. 

I am looking forword to this. Mostly because I think it would look great in my sons room.

Granted I am sure there will be models out there who will make the stick more authentic and higher quality.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2018, 02:57:03 AM »
'Tis cute but isn't what I'd want.  I've no interest in playing on a cramped tabletop cab, so it'd be a needlessly bulky (and pricier) console with only one controller port.  The game list ain't bad (only about half vs fighters), though I'd love to see some Nightmare in the Dark, Bomberman, Magical Drop, and Puzzle Bobble.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

TDIRunner

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2018, 03:18:28 AM »
It's very close to what I would be looking for, but ultimately too small.

I guess it doesn't matter.  I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a consolized MVS yesterday with a 161 in 1 multi cart, with the plans to eventually upgrade that to a NeoSD in the future. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

soop

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2018, 08:05:19 AM »
Is it really that little cab thing?  Does it have HDMI out?

seieienbu

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2018, 02:00:17 PM »
Rumor has it yes but nothing official yet.  Rumors also state that it has HDMI.  I don't think I'll buy it myself but it's a neat curiosity.  And yeah, I'd also definitely bet that the controls aren't worth much.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Purple1308

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2018, 02:35:21 PM »
I'm amazed they went Bar top instead of the AES because it be cheaper instead of the built in screen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Groover

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2018, 05:17:35 PM »
It looks ok. I'm not thrilled by that arcade stick. it looks clicky. I am interested if the price is right.

schweaty

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2018, 06:30:09 PM »
You know the original AES stick is clicky, right?

TheClash603

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2018, 03:03:42 AM »
You know the original AES stick is clicky, right?

Speaking of clicky, I really hope the additional pads are as good as the CD pads were BITD.  If they are cheap imitation and don't have the same feel, that would be really disappointing.

I may screw around with the stick for a bit only while the system is hooked to the tv via HDMI.  However, I don't see a way I could comfortably play in handheld mode where my hand isn't blocking the screen.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2018, 05:02:46 AM »
Hehe...all arcade sticks are clicks, guy. Well, not Pac Man or Tron but every Neo stick ever sold from the MVS to AES to Neo CD and even Neo Geo Pocket and even the reviled Neo Geo X. All were microswitch.

SNK used to rule so much...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 05:07:10 AM by SignOfZeta »

HuMan

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2018, 05:39:08 AM »
Okay, that's a much better list of games than I was expecting.  I'm very happy that there's no Fatal Fury 1 (or other first games that nobody in their right mind wants to play) on there.  Yeah, it's missing a few of my favorites but overall it's a solid list of games.

So I'm the only one who genuinely likes Fatal Fury 1?

Punch

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2018, 10:18:25 AM »
Okay, that's a much better list of games than I was expecting.  I'm very happy that there's no Fatal Fury 1 (or other first games that nobody in their right mind wants to play) on there.  Yeah, it's missing a few of my favorites but overall it's a solid list of games.

It's not that bad... but you got to give people a discount since there's tons of better fighters on the NeoGeo.

I just now realized that there's no Crystalis :'( why doesn't SNK show some love for their pre Neo games. I would love to have some Victory Road or Guerrilla War arcade games on that.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2018, 10:41:14 AM »

It's not that bad... but you got to give people a discount since there's tons of better fighters on the NeoGeo.

I just now realized that there's no Crystalis :'( why doesn't SNK show some love for their pre Neo games. I would love to have some Victory Road or Guerrilla War arcade games on that.

Isn’t that what the switch 40th anniversary compilation is all about?  He Jin MVS stuff.