Author Topic: PC Engine Mini: Opinions?  (Read 1980 times)

Walker

Re: PC Engine Mini: Opinions?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2020, 04:54:01 PM »
Also it just crossed my mind that Neutopia 2 will probably have the message in it about staying tuned for Neutopia 3. I guess Konami is then confirming its still coming  :P It would be a cool thing for them to make actually.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 11:03:50 AM »
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o397510365

(google translate) "It is a rare item of PC engine mini, a factory test mode item.
When you turn on the power of the main unit, the screen in the factory test mode is displayed. You can do some test operations, but you cannot play games."

I was trolling through YAJ, as I do...since that is more fun than looking at social media...and I spied this listing. Seems that something missed QA on the production line. Maybe in the factories rush to meet demand, they just boxed up every unit to ship off to Amazon :)

Though it was neat, but I think the system has been hacked up already so nothing new will be learnt.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Johnpv

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 10:07:16 AM »
Hmm it only comes with 1 controller. I might wait til I can go into a store to buy this one, I want to get it with 2 controllers and play with friends.

You'll never be able to go into a store to buy one.  It's being sold exclusively through Amazon.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 08:44:48 PM »
I got mine and messed around with it a bit.  My first impressions:

1)  The lil PCE guys running around are awesome.
2)  The included USB cable should have a 90 degree tip.  There's not much room to bend the cable and send it out the side.
3)  The pad is good but not perfect.  The d-pad seems stiff (maybe just new?) and the run and select buttons a bit short and require a harder tap.
4)  Why does New Adventure Island have generic manual art?  Of all games, you'd think for sure that Hudson owned everything outright and had made it in house.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles