Author Topic: Top Ten Worst Consoles of All Time  (Read 2784 times)

nodtveidt

Re: Top Ten Worst Consoles of All Time
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 05:35:39 PM »
Yeah, the Sega CD one could go both ways I guess. I guess you could call it a hybrid console. Although, there are quite a few Sega CD games I enjoy...Dark Wizard, Lunar TSS, Vay...games that were either never seen again or later ported in horrible ways (like Lunar...UGH, YOU BASTARDS SHOULD HAVE LEFT IT ALONE, IT WAS PERFECT AND YOU f*ckED IT UP!).

MrFulci

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 05:46:09 PM »
Nice to see the 5200 controllers featured. They really were pretty easy to break.

The Sega CD wasn't as bad as the video make sit out to be. It just didn't have a good price-point and enough software out there for it to really catch on. It would have been nice if there has been more support behind it, and the hardware had a lower price earlier on.

32X I can't defend.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

GUTS

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 07:18:40 PM »
Anybody who thinks the Sega CD should be on a top "worst consoles" list is a complete f*cktard and should never have anything else they say taken seriously for as long as they live.

FM-77

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 11:32:57 PM »
I think the list was pretty spot-on.
Agreed, expect for the sega-cd etc since i see it as a add on and not a console.

What everybody means when they say "bad console" is actually the software library available for said console. Ignore the hardware, it's all about the games. The Mega-CD game library sucks, and therefore it is on this list. While there are a handful of Mega-CD games worth playing, it does qualify for this list.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 11:35:55 PM by Seldane »

Joe Redifer

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 07:17:21 AM »
Nope.  You are wrong.

Keranu

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 08:37:34 AM »
Yes. He is way wrong. :) Sega CD kicks ass!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

guyjin

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 09:17:42 AM »

What everybody means when they say "bad console" is actually the software library available for said console.

Not always. In the case of the 5200 and N64, the controller is sometimes the culprit.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

offsidewing

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 10:12:16 AM »
Anybody who thinks the Sega CD should be on a top "worst consoles" list is a complete f*cktard and should never have anything else they say taken seriously for as long as they live.

This stipulation was on my scholarship memorandum at Harvard.

FM-77

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 10:28:57 AM »
Mega-CD is a cool system to be sure, but it lacks playable games.

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 10:40:39 AM »
Quite frankly, just having an English translated version of Snatcher for the console/add-on makes Sega CD not suck.

Keranu

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 10:48:38 AM »
Mega-CD is a cool system to be sure, but it lacks playable games.
What makes a game like Lunar unplayable :P ? It plays just as well as any RPG.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 10:56:10 AM »
Lunar 2 is even more playable!  Oh!  And Soul Star is neat along with the driving portions of Batman Returns.  Road Avenger, despite being FMV, is pure awesomeness just due to the insanity it offers... driving up the stairs of a hotel and destroying at least 3 helicopters throughout the course of the game with your car!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:58:30 AM by Joe Redifer »

Keranu

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 10:59:09 AM »
Plus Sega CD has the best game ever made - SEWER SHARK!

Ultra Luigi

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 01:35:46 PM »
I still love my Virtual Boy. Headaches or not, it had some great games.

I never knew the 3DO was 700 when it first came out. I was shocked as well when they mentioned that Return Fire is considered one of the best games for it. That’s one of the few games I have for it, but I just picked it all up at a flea market about a year ago. I guess I should check it out.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 01:53:34 PM »
Lunar 2 is even more playable!  Oh!  And Soul Star is neat along with the driving portions of Batman Returns.  Road Avenger, despite being FMV, is pure awesomeness just due to the insanity it offers... driving up the stairs of a hotel and destroying at least 3 helicopters throughout the course of the game with your car!

I love the horrible music during the intro to Road Avenger. The guy sounds horribly drunk. That game is just great,one of the best handling FMV games,at times does not even feel like one,because it tends to have you interact with the controls so much.