Author Topic: Top Ten Worst Consoles of All Time  (Read 2781 times)

TR0N

Re: Top Ten Worst Consoles of All Time
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 02:43:12 PM »
Plus Sega CD has the best game ever made - SEWER SHARK!
Tisk tisk there go's your street cred for giving props to sewer shark.

All kidding aside i never liked sewer shark  :P

The game drove my crazy plus i see it as the worst pack-in game ever.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

offsidewing

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2007, 04:30:58 PM »
I still love my Virtual Boy. Headaches or not, it had some great games.

I never knew the 3DO was 700 when it first came out. I was shocked as well when they mentioned that Return Fire is considered one of the best games for it. That’s one of the few games I have for it, but I just picked it all up at a flea market about a year ago. I guess I should check it out.

Grab a buddy and play some Return Fire on the 3D0.

Games everyone should play:

Invisible Tank Pong - COMBAT(Atari 2600)
Goldeneye (N64)
Ys Book I & II (duh)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
 and
Return Fire (3D0) - Vs mode is tops.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 05:52:56 PM by offsidewing »

GUTS

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2007, 05:14:37 PM »
Road Avenger is the best FMV game ever made.  The first time I played it I was tapping directions like Dragon's Lair and I kept dying, but once I figured out I had to hold them as though I was actually controlling the car I couldn't believe how awesome the game was.  Man that game rules, and the Sega CD version is the best because it has the kickass intro song that for some reason no other version has.

Keranu

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2007, 06:36:19 PM »
I must play this Road Avenger.

Actually that Interstellar LASER Fantasy still has to be the best FMV game ever made and best game period. Someday I will finally play that beautiful game.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2007, 02:09:33 AM »
Man your really missing out having not played Road Avenger. I love how the whole game has the Mad Max feel in it,with the car looking like  a red V8 Interceptor,you wanting to kill a street gang after they kill your wife,similar to what happened in Mad Max,and the obvious look of you character if you make it to the last scene,he even looks alot like Max. Still think its funny the first car you kill off is a Fairlady Z,a popular car at the time this game was released in the arcade on LD back in the early 80ies.

http://justgamesretro.com/SEGACD/roadavenger.html

FM-77

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 02:34:35 AM »
I used to play Return Fire (for PC) with a friend. It was fun, but the music sucked.

offsidewing

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2007, 04:07:14 AM »
I used to play Return Fire (for PC) with a friend. It was fun, but the music sucked.

3D0 is where the money's at.  I don't know about the PC, but the 3D0 version had some aptly associated classical tunes.  Name me one other video game where you get to go tear-assing around Nam, er a map, in a Helicopter while 'Ride of the Valkyrie' is blaring along.

"Flight of the bumble bee" to accompany your "holy crap this thing is fast" dash in a Willys Jeep.

"In the hall of the mountain King" when laying waste to the enemy's fortification with a tank.

I've got goosebumps now!

guyjin

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2007, 05:15:27 AM »
Ooo, didn't know that return fire had classical music... The only games I can remember that had classical music in them were Gyruss and Tetris. What other games do you know of that have classical music in them?
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2007, 07:35:06 AM »
Ooo, didn't know that return fire had classical music... The only games I can remember that had classical music in them were Gyruss and Tetris. What other games do you know of that have classical music in them?

I'll stick an obvious one in here - Loom.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

offsidewing

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2007, 07:55:48 AM »

Off hand I can't remember any others, although I'm sure there are others besides the terd biscuit Lucas Arts gave to the Turbo.

I'll probably remember ten others in a couple minutes...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF NAPALM IN THE MORNING.  THAT GASOLINE SMELL...  IT SMELLS LIKE, LIKE VICTORY.

Black Tiger

« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2007, 12:35:40 PM »

Parodius

Neo Nectaris
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Black Tiger

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2007, 12:43:30 PM »
Anybody who thinks the Sega CD should be on a top "worst consoles" list is a complete f*cktard and should never have anything else they say taken seriously for as long as they live.

Although I don't count the Sega-CD as a unique console, I think its reasonable to count the 32X as one. They were even going to release it as a stand alone console. It would've had Genesis guts inside of it, but the Genesis also had SMS guts inside of it.

As for Sega-CD software, even if you only count North American games, the Sega-CD has a better library of games I like than some mainstream/successful consoles. Anyone truly familiar with the Sega-CD catalogue should consider it equal to or greater than the N64 library, no matter how jaded they might be.

Keranu

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2007, 01:52:05 PM »
As for Sega-CD software, even if you only count North American games, the Sega-CD has a better library of games I like than some mainstream/successful consoles. Anyone truly familiar with the Sega-CD catalogue should consider it equal to or greater than the N64 library, no matter how jaded they might be.
Yeah, if we were to judge consoles for the amount of bad games they had, then popular consoles like the Playstation would be clear winners just because of all the crappy licensed games alone.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2007, 02:51:08 PM »
Yeah, if we were to judge consoles for the amount of bad games they had, then popular consoles like the Playstation would be clear winners just because of all the crappy licensed games alone.

I'm fine with tons of garbage games, all I care about is having enough enjoyable games for a console.

Off the top of my head, the PC-FX is the only console I can think of that I haven't found much to like game-wise so far.

guyjin

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2007, 04:49:32 PM »
Me, I can't stand systems that have tons of games that are mostly garbage. I want to be able to pick up a random game off the shelf and have the chances be good that it will be enjoyable.

This is not the case with systems like the CD-i, 2600, and everything that has ever carried the 'playstation' name. therefore I hate them. (except for the 2600, because the games are so cheap by now the quality to quantity ratio is irrelevant.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin