Author Topic: CDROM2 and Super CDROM2 games for Wii?  (Read 4647 times)

Black Tiger

Re: CDROM2 and Super CDROM2 games for Wii?
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2007, 04:35:48 PM »
wow, I didn't know you could back up your vc games. Someone on here told me that you couldn't.

From what I understand, you can move them, but you have to put them back in order to play them. If they'd just let you load them straight off the card, CD game storage or stand alone coolness wouldn't be much of an issue. #-o
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2007, 05:21:15 PM »
As far as voice dubs go, I really don't think it's necessary and I doubt they'll do it unless they're in Japanese so they can keep the original game intact like they intend with other VC games. Plus playing a game like Last Alert with new voice acting just wouldn't be the same  :mrgreen: .

I don't know either Neogaf or the other site - are these reliable sources?  Looks pretty sketchy to me, and VERY premature.  I'm a little worried that Hudson is going to flood the North American with not-so-great titles (not that they've ever done that before... ahem...) and that we'll see somewhat of a repeat of what happened back in the day.  Cool your jets , Hudson!  The Wii is barely half a year old.
Well I'm really surpised Hudson is releasing Cho Aniki as one of the first games and to me, that's a great sign becuase it shows their interest in bringing out more unique games and imports. Plus the other game, Ys, is a phenomenal choice ;) . I see where you are coming from though and I think they'll rerelease a lot of crap as well like how they've done with the HuCards.

You know, the demands for Dracula X on the VC are outrageous! Everywhere I hear about Turbo on the VC, there is always someone begging to see Dracula X for it and these people aren't even Turbo fans! I think releasing that game would benefit Hudson Entertainment and Nintendo so, so much.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2007, 05:35:17 PM »
they won't release dracula x for the virtual console because they are already releasing a psp version.

akamichi

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2007, 05:36:36 PM »
Maybe this means something will be shown at TGS.  PCE CD-ROM games and supposedly NeoGeo stuff will be released on VC this year.  I'd be very surprised (read:  disappointed) if there's no kind of display at TGS.  It'd be nice since next month marks the 20th anniversary of PCE. :D

- akamichi

Keranu

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2007, 06:21:42 PM »
they won't release dracula x for the virtual console because they are already releasing a psp version.
Not that I'm antcipating the game to be released or anything, but I don't see how the PSP version would stop it from coming out to the VC as well. I think the main problem lies with getting rights or whatever from Konami.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

turbofan1

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2007, 10:36:35 PM »

I thought Hudson was releasing games through Kanomi for awhile there.Dont no if they are anymore or not  :-k.
Yeah and besides that what difference would it make if the game was already on the psp.

Dark Fact

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2007, 05:20:05 AM »
But what about people who don't want a PSP and are perfectly happy with their Wii? I say throw them a bone.

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2007, 05:42:37 AM »
everyone is talking about the compression etc. but no one mentioned something  else important, NO MORE LOAD TIMES!  wow its going to be great to not wait 15 seconds or more to switch  cutscenes or stages. though i will miss the little 'rrrr' when switching up music tracks.

I don't know, man. The load times on a PCE are already so much better than modern systems I might not even notice it. I mean, the Cube and Wii have good to great (sometimes absolutely none) but Sony and MS systems just put me to sleep.

Odonadon

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2007, 06:03:41 AM »
everyone is talking about the compression etc. but no one mentioned something  else important, NO MORE LOAD TIMES!  wow its going to be great to not wait 15 seconds or more to switch  cutscenes or stages. though i will miss the little 'rrrr' when switching up music tracks.

I don't know, man. The load times on a PCE are already so much better than modern systems I might not even notice it. I mean, the Cube and Wii have good to great (sometimes absolutely none) but Sony and MS systems just put me to sleep.

Very good point, the PS3 and 360 feature much slower load times.  I think load times are something people are used to now to a certain extent, as opposed to back when the CD-ROM format first came out and everyone complained about load times.  I mean, I have to load my XBox (1st gen) games off the internal hard drive because I can't stand the load time.

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

Turbo D

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2007, 07:13:35 AM »

I thought Hudson was releasing games through Kanomi for awhile there.Dont no if they are anymore or not  :-k.
Yeah and besides that what difference would it make if the game was already on the psp.

It is very possible that it could be released for multiple systems, but it looks to me that the Castlevania series is mainly going to be on sony consoles. The ps3 virtual console already has Symphony of the Night to download and with the psp version with both new and original versions of Rondo, I am just not sure if it will go to nintendo. But on the other hand there is going to be a new Castlevania DS that should be pretty good, so who knows  :lol:

Keranu

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2007, 08:14:11 AM »

It is very possible that it could be released for multiple systems, but it looks to me that the Castlevania series is mainly going to be on sony consoles. The ps3 virtual console already has Symphony of the Night to download and with the psp version with both new and original versions of Rondo, I am just not sure if it will go to nintendo. But on the other hand there is going to be a new Castlevania DS that should be pretty good, so who knows  :lol:
Personally, I think it would be stupid for Hudson to NOT release Dracula X for the VC :) . I think they could get more sales for the game off the VC than they could for the PSP.

Turbo D

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2007, 09:00:59 AM »
I think so too. I would rather play it on the virtual console than the psp. Of course I can just play it on my turbo anytime, so it really doesn't matter to me anyways, haha. But for anyone with a firmware modded psp; you can already play it through emulation.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2007, 10:15:13 AM »

You seem to be forgetting that the last four CV games that were actually worth playing were all on Nintendo systems (GBA and DS)

Black Tiger

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2007, 01:43:03 PM »
I think that it was the last Quarterman than said that a next gen Castlevania is in the works for Xbox 360.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

theoakwoody

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2007, 10:31:55 PM »
I think there will be a Wii HD within a year and it will be ultra slim similar to the xbox one.  512 MB just isn't enough space to hold all of these VC games and its annoying to have to back them up and delete them so you can download something new.

I don't care as much about Dracula X although it would be cool to see an engrish translation without having to go out and buy a PSP.