Author Topic: Virtual Console TG-CD Game List (updated 03/15/2010 - Rondo of Blood)  (Read 7646 times)

Odonadon

Re: Virtual Console TG-CD Game List (updated 10/29/07-No new TG-CD releases)
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 06:06:27 PM »
Yes, but you're also talking different regions. Wonderboy V came out on the U.S. Genesis VC, and it's coming out on the Japanese PCE VC. Still only one version per region.

Unless it also came out on the Japanese Megadrive VC.. Then that's a different story.

But this brings up another point I've been wondering about for a while. Is SEGA going to put a stop to them releasing the old SEGA games on the TG-16 VC? So far we haven't seen one yet, have we?

Wonderboy is probably a special case since SEGA doesn't exclusively own the rights/license to those games.

Dynastic Hero isn't a Wonderboy game - shouldn't be any issues with that.

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

Keranu

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2007, 06:46:44 PM »
No new TG-CD releases this week.  Looks like Hudson is slipping the release date for Super Air Zonk to Nov.  Still no official word on the other TG-CD releases planned for the rest of the year.

Kinda the same deal in Japan.  I d/led Ys I II (awesome!  duh :)) and even though Cho Aniki came out, Gradius II was pushed back.  That possibly delayed the next couple games too.

Oh, and the next CD games in Japan to be released are Dynastic Hero, Take the A Train, Kawa no Nushi Tsuri (Fishing game), and Gradius II.  Interesting spread I guess.

- akamichi

Interesting, a Konami game is in there. I wonder if Hudson Entertainment will bring the Konami games out here?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

akamichi

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2007, 12:21:13 AM »

Kinda the same deal in Japan.  I d/led Ys I II (awesome!  duh :)) and even though Cho Aniki came out, Gradius II was pushed back.  That possibly delayed the next couple games too.

Oh, and the next CD games in Japan to be released are Dynastic Hero, Take the A Train, Kawa no Nushi Tsuri (Fishing game), and Gradius II.  Interesting spread I guess.

- akamichi

That is interesting, since MWIII already came out on Genesis (didn't it?). Wouldn't that be the first time the same game has come out on different VC platforms?

Not sure about US Wii VC stuff, but Jpn Wii VC has Gradius NES and PCE versions available.  I think that was the first game.  Oddly enough Gradius II will be the next multi-platform VC game once the PCE ver is released.

- akamichi

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2007, 04:18:32 AM »

OD

Uhh, yeah.... I hope you're being facetious.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nat

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2007, 04:46:56 AM »

OD

Funny, since I used the Wonderboy V walkthrough to play through it. I guess that means I can use the Night Creatures walkthrough to play through Space Harrier, right? I can't wait to get home and try it out! I always knew there was a way to transform the Harrier into a badger!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 05:14:56 AM by nat »

Odonadon

« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2007, 05:13:13 PM »
No, seriously, it's not.  Dynastic Hero is based on Wonderboy V but is an entirely different license.  They share some graphics, gameplay, and level design, but they are not the same game.  The only official Wonderboy game released on our beloved system is Monster Lair.

OD

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2007, 02:51:10 AM »
Put down the pipe, Odonadon.  The title was changed, but it was handled by Westone and is essentially the same game.  Click here for a nice comparison of Wonder Boy in Monster World and Dynastic Hero.

Turbo D

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2007, 04:13:34 AM »
Its only called dynastic hero as a pun of the fact that the hero is a dynastid beetle.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2007, 04:51:14 AM »
Its only called dynastic hero as a pun of the fact that the hero is a dynastid beetle.

Very interesting - I haven't seen that connection before.  8)

Odonadon

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2007, 04:11:38 PM »
Put down the pipe, Odonadon.  The title was changed, but it was handled by Westone and is essentially the same game.  Click here for a nice comparison of Wonder Boy in Monster World and Dynastic Hero.

Not only the title, but some graphics, the story, characters, and animation as well.  Bottom line is there is no mention of Wonderboy, thus not of the Wonderboy license.  Like Cratermaze isn't Doreamon. 

OD

Black Tiger

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2007, 08:07:22 AM »
Maybe we'll get Doki Doki Panic then.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

BonkThis

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2007, 02:33:19 AM »
Super Air Zonk is out now.

BonkThis

Re: Virtual Console TG-CD Game List (updated 11/19/07-Super Air Zonk)
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2007, 09:55:41 AM »
Big Day The ESRB Two has rated two more candidates for the Wii Virtual Console. Ys I & II, Rolling Thunder 2 Due have been rated which is usually a good indication that they will come to North America in the next few weeks. Ys Book I & II is a role-playing game collection released for the Turbografx-CD and Rolling Thunder 2 is a side-scrolling shooter classic.

Ys I & II.. Picking up steam!!!

Dark Fact

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2007, 04:51:43 PM »
Hooray for Air Zonk! :D

The Turbo CD builds and builds! 8)

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2007, 05:04:30 PM »
When is the SuperGrafx version of Die Mockee Moora coming out?