Author Topic: Virtual Console TG-CD Game List (updated 03/15/2010 - Rondo of Blood)  (Read 7545 times)

Odonadon

Re: Virtual Console TG-CD Game List (updated 10/15/07-Gate of Thunder!)
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 04:22:27 PM »
Seems identical to me, though I haven't given it a good run-thru yet.  They must be using some crazy compression for the audio, I don't know how they got it that small.  The GOT ROM tracks plus audio tracks in 128kbps CBR MP3 (44kHz) comes to almost 50% more data than the Paper Mario ROM, yet takes up less blocks on the Wii.

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

Keranu

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 04:30:13 PM »
Now that's some turbo compressing right there! I wonder what they did exactly?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Pcenginefx

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 05:12:04 PM »
So I bought the game.  Some thoughts:

-Interestingly there is a split second loading screen, shown below:

-Music sounds REALLY good on my 5.1 surround system....Sounds so good in fact that it sounds like it is mixed in 5.1 but I doubt it....

-Gameplay & sound FX seem identical to original.

In conclusion...
SUPER CD HAS COME TO THE WII!!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

Keranu

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 09:22:04 PM »
Interesting that they kept the System Card screen, seems like it would confuse people. So does the game just include Gate of Thunder or does it come with the other three games as well?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

kenomac78

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 12:11:17 AM »
i just DLed it today too. I found it strange it included the PCE  menu screen, why not the US version? i guess its the japanese version of the game? when you soft reset it takes you back to it also, is it part of the game code maybe? what does the cd 2.0 load screen look like in japan? never had that unit.

that download took forever 220 blocks! how many megs is that? 50?

the game plays great and NO load times, and no song reset times, which i do miss the quaintness of...  but i cant tell the difference in sound quality.  my turbo never played this game right and music would always stop. despite no scratches.

its like 1993 for me all over again.  :dance:  now we just need cotton, ys, lords, de2, shadowgate and all the rest.  and i hear the value of my games dropping suddenly

ceti alpha

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2007, 12:51:04 AM »
Does the load screen scale and rotate like the GOT CD?

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Pcenginefx

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 04:59:52 AM »
Does the load screen scale and rotate like the GOT CD?

No, it just appears for a split second then dissapears.

Interesting that they kept the System Card screen, seems like it would confuse people.

Well, the system card screen is not interactive and only appears for a second...maybe they will "fix" this in future releases...who knows.

So does the game just include Gate of Thunder or does it come with the other three games as well?

Just GoT.

i just DLed it today too. I found it strange it included the PCE  menu screen, why not the US version? i guess its the japanese version of the game? when you soft reset it takes you back to it also, is it part of the game code maybe? what does the cd 2.0 load screen look like in japan? never had that unit.

What is going on here is that since the emulator running the game was coded by Hudson of Japan, the emu is based off of the PCE System Card, not the US one (thus why it says "PC Engine Super CD-ROM System").
//Aaron

Dark Fact

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2007, 05:40:41 AM »
While it is kinda disappointing that we will barely get to see any of the famous loading screens on the Turbo CD games and the interactivity of the system card screen, they were pretty much not the point to the game.  As long as I get to enjoy the actual CD game itself, that's good enough for me. :)

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Black Tiger

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2007, 12:53:18 PM »
Does GoT use a blurring filter like the HuCard VC games?
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Odonadon

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 04:56:03 PM »

I think that's a complete myth that the bluriness is a problem, I can't really tell much of a difference on my 50" plasma in 480p.   The picture is just softened a little, doesn't look better or worse than the NES or SNES emulation - just different.  You won't care or notice after you've played a few TG16 games on the VC.

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

Black Tiger

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 01:18:31 AM »

I think that's a complete myth that the bluriness is a problem, I can't really tell much of a difference on my 50" plasma in 480p.   The picture is just softened a little, doesn't look better or worse than the NES or SNES emulation - just different.  You won't care or notice after you've played a few TG16 games on the VC.

OD

I don't know how it compares to other VC formats, but its very noticible compared to real Turbo hardware. But if you're the type of person who hooks their PS3 or Xbox 360 with composite though, it won't really matter.

Pcenginefx

Re: Virtual Console TG-CD Game List (updated 10/29/07-No new TG-CD releases)
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 06:44:08 AM »
No new TG-CD releases this week.  Looks like Hudson is slipping the release date for Super Air Zonk to Nov.  Still no official word on the other TG-CD releases planned for the rest of the year.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 06:50:43 AM by Pcenginefx »
//Aaron

akamichi

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 12:34:58 AM »
No new TG-CD releases this week.  Looks like Hudson is slipping the release date for Super Air Zonk to Nov.  Still no official word on the other TG-CD releases planned for the rest of the year.

Kinda the same deal in Japan.  I d/led Ys I II (awesome!  duh :)) and even though Cho Aniki came out, Gradius II was pushed back.  That possibly delayed the next couple games too.

Oh, and the next CD games in Japan to be released are Dynastic Hero, Take the A Train, Kawa no Nushi Tsuri (Fishing game), and Gradius II.  Interesting spread I guess.

- akamichi
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 12:40:55 AM by akamichi »

Black Tiger

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 07:06:23 AM »

Kinda the same deal in Japan.  I d/led Ys I II (awesome!  duh :)) and even though Cho Aniki came out, Gradius II was pushed back.  That possibly delayed the next couple games too.

Oh, and the next CD games in Japan to be released are Dynastic Hero, Take the A Train, Kawa no Nushi Tsuri (Fishing game), and Gradius II.  Interesting spread I guess.

- akamichi

That is interesting, since MWIII already came out on Genesis (didn't it?). Wouldn't that be the first time the same game has come out on different VC platforms?

nat

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 07:27:09 AM »
Yes, but you're also talking different regions. Wonderboy V came out on the U.S. Genesis VC, and it's coming out on the Japanese PCE VC. Still only one version per region.

Unless it also came out on the Japanese Megadrive VC.. Then that's a different story.

But this brings up another point I've been wondering about for a while. Is SEGA going to put a stop to them releasing the old SEGA games on the TG-16 VC? So far we haven't seen one yet, have we?

Wonderboy is probably a special case since SEGA doesn't exclusively own the rights/license to those games.