Author Topic: FS: Steam Hearts, $65 shipped  (Read 695 times)

16-bit

FS: Steam Hearts, $65 shipped
« on: October 12, 2007, 08:05:08 AM »
$65 shipped within the USA
Complete, but without spine card or reply card
Case: Mint
Instructions: Near Mint
CD: a very faint scratch that is really only noticable if held directly under a desk lamp

If interested, please send email to carlson@mad-gear.com

Thanks!

D-Lite

Re: FS: Steam Hearts, $65 shipped
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 09:52:49 AM »
Wow.  That's a nice deal.  And if people didn't know already, Carlson is a fine man to deal with :clap:
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
http://www.multimods.com

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 11:04:13 AM »
Agreed - this is a good deal from a good dude to deal with.  I just wish that I had some spare cash to spend.  :(
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 05:57:08 PM »
Decided to try him again myself,since I remember he made right with Black Tiger. Everybody deserves a second chance so I ordered Crest of Wolf,R-Type Complete,Strider,Hellfire S,Fatal Fury Special,and Art of Fighting from him. Racked up over $150 in goods from him on ebay,but I am sure it will be worth it to see my son play through Crest of Wolf and try out Hellfire S,R-Type Complete, and Strider.Also won a auction for around $90 that had these in it pretty much all complete:
DRAGON SPIRIT,HUDSON'S NEW ADVENTURE ISLAND,FINAL SOLDIER,SHINOBI,ADVENTURE ISLAND,SUSA NO OU DENSETSU,NECROMANCER,CHIKUDENYA TOBE,R-TYPE I,R-TYPE II,PC GENJIN (BONK'S ADVENTURE),LEGENDARY AXE,POWER DRIFT,TIGER ROAD,HEAVY UNIT,TATSUNOKO (DRAGON) FIGHTER,GAI FLAME ,and XD SERD .

The seller said he also tossed in 2 copies of Rastan 2 and a Deep Blue for free so we are going to have doubles of a couple of games for sure.
Good times to be had this winter with the kids. Now I just need to pick up extra pads and a 5 player tap sometime soon for Splash Lake and Bomber Man 94.

Anyway,back to the heart of the thread,thats a awesome price for that title,and when the stuff I ordered arrived Ill give a bump+good word here for sure if the thread is still active.

nat

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 07:08:06 PM »
I bought the game from him.

I've never bought anything on eBay from him, but he has some decent prices. I give him +5 respect points for being one of the only (maybe THE only?) store seller that has shown up on here, especially back when one member had an issue. It seemed to me he tried to address it as professionally as possible.

That douchebag Game_squad on the other hand, needs to be boycotted.

Turbo D

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 08:40:28 PM »
Ya, I hate game_squad  :x

Kitsunexus

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 09:08:11 PM »
I dunno about his history, because I don't know the man, but anybody selling Steam Hearts is a hero in my book. ^_^

Soviet Conscript

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 10:52:51 AM »

thanks nat, you saved me from spending $65 that i really couldn't afford to be spending right now.
Oh my god! They're not even human!

nat

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 11:04:01 AM »

thanks nat, you saved me from spending $65 that i really couldn't afford to be spending right now.

I've exceeded my "game budget" with this, but a deal like this doesn't come along every day.

runinruder

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 11:10:35 AM »
I've exceeded my "game budget" with this, but a deal like this doesn't come along every day.

You're not kidding.  I don't think we'll see it available for this low a price again for a very long time.  I'd have picked it up myself if I didn't already own it.  I'm glad the person who did get it is someone who'll actually play it and not just treat it as a collection piece. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

nat

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 11:50:59 AM »
Yeah, it's been on my "wanted" list for a long time.

I just re-read your mini review, and I'm a bit disappointed the graphics are so mediocre. Hopefully the gameplay will do enough to make up for it.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 04:00:37 PM »
The graphics are NOT mediocre, thank you very much.

http://hg101.classicgaming.gamespy.com/steamhearts/steamhearts.htm

runinruder

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 04:20:19 PM »
^I wonder if he realizes he linked to an article that criticizes the graphics. 
www.thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Kitsunexus

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 04:53:39 PM »
^I wonder if he realizes he linked to an article that criticizes the graphics. 

^ I wonder if he realizes that I just intended to show the pictures and that posting the one link is a lot easier and less bandwidth consuming than posting 7 pictures and that I don't give a shit about the review because I make my own reviews because it's what Mr T would do.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 05:40:44 PM »
No,Mr.t would drink some spiked milk,get lured on a helicopter by a gang of gay white militant guys,gang raped,then tossed out only to wake up while in free fall wondering what happened when he was promised he would be shown the world....