Author Topic: Mysterious Song release delayed again!  (Read 2061 times)

nodtveidt

Mysterious Song release delayed again!
« on: October 14, 2007, 07:08:07 AM »
Well, this is bad news and good news all at the same time. Bad news is, of course, the game will be delayed and will not appear until first quarter 2008 at the earliest. The good news is "why": there's a LOT of new artwork being added to improve the overall quality of the game, particularly in the cutscenes. Here's a quick sample of the new work, courtesy of Black Tiger:

Seldane's back on tile detail, finishing up one of the most important areas of the game...an area that was never in the original, it's exclusive to this version. Paranoia Dragon is working on some final improvements to the audio as well. It also looks like the enemies are going to get a final facelift courtesy of Keranu. And of course, there's a couple of features still left to be added to the game, courtesy of me. So, the work goes on to make sure the quality of the game is as high as possible before it's released, even if it means it's delayed a little bit longer.

Kitsunexus

Re: Mysterious Song release delayed again!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:14:33 AM »
Nice. Can we buy it in ROM/ISO format?

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 03:23:13 PM »
Better.  It's going to be released, on a pressed disc with a manual & shrinkwrapped, etc.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 07:03:01 PM »
Better.  It's going to be released, on a pressed disc with a manual & shrinkwrapped, etc.

It will still work in Magic Engine, right? Because if it does, I might buy a copy. :) (I have no Duo, the only NEC thing in my house is a broken scanner. :( )

nodtveidt

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 08:31:51 PM »
It works in Magic Engine, but until David fixes a few details, the game won't quite look completely correct in his emulator.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 08:33:27 PM »
It works in Magic Engine, but until David fixes a few details, the game won't quite look completely correct in his emulator.

Damn. Oh well though, if it's only like $70 or something, I may still get it.

Keranu

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 09:16:51 PM »

$70 for what? The game or emulator? Either one isn't that much :D ! Approxmiately $30 for the game itself and the Magic Engine emulator is $20 I think. The game is very playable in ME, but Nod tells me that there are some technical issues that ME has troubles with when playing the game. You can always use Mednafen, which is free and fully supports the game, but it can be a pain to set up.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Kitsunexus

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 09:19:33 PM »
$70 for what?
[/quote]

The game, yo. The emulator is free.  :wink:  :twisted:

Keranu

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 09:30:11 PM »
Oh yeah I definitely wouldn't expect the game to cost that much. I think we're pretty much settled on $30, but it's not final.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Pcenginefx

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 10:04:12 AM »
Seldane's back on tile detail, finishing up one of the most important areas of the game...an area that was never in the original, it's exclusive to this version. Paranoia Dragon is working on some final improvements to the audio as well. It also looks like the enemies are going to get a final facelift courtesy of Keranu. And of course, there's a couple of features still left to be added to the game, courtesy of me. So, the work goes on to make sure the quality of the game is as high as possible before it's released, even if it means it's delayed a little bit longer.

I feel like I should be doing something too :P  J/K.....I already have tons of stuff to do around here...

Oh yeah I definitely wouldn't expect the game to cost that much. I think we're pretty much settled on $30, but it's not final.

I'll buy it for $30.  Seems to be a good price point for homebrew Turbo CD titles.

It will still work in Magic Engine, right? Because if it does, I might buy a copy. :) (I have no Duo, the only NEC thing in my house is a broken scanner. :( )

No NEC consoles!  Sacrlidge!!!
//Aaron
Owner/Creator of PCENGINEFX.com

GUTS

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 12:58:55 PM »
That art is approximately 5 billion times better than what was there before, good choice on letting Black Tiger redo it.

Arjak

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 01:52:58 PM »
I agree. The art looks much better. The old art looked so simple and ameteurish (No offense).
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Joe Redifer

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 02:11:16 PM »
Now the demo with the old art will be considered ultr@ r@re on eBay.  Glad I obtained it!  :)

malducci

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 03:24:05 PM »
 Joe... just for you they're going to release the first batch with some bugs and crappy cover art, then... the next back will have better cover art and bugs fixes (it still maybe not be 100% compatible with your 32x sitting *right* next to your TG+CD combo - best to shield the 32x in a lead box) :wink:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 04:40:50 PM »
My 32X shouldn't interfere with the save option on the Turbo CD just as long as Beggar Prince isn't inserted into its cart slot.  That game causes bugs in nearby games.  Thanks for making a special edition just for me, though.  I always appreciate that kind of stuff.