Author Topic: Mysterious Song release delayed again!  (Read 2101 times)

nat

Re: Mysterious Song release delayed again!
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2007, 04:51:54 PM »
It will probably be another 3-5 years before that MindRec shooter sees the light of day. OK, maybe that's a bit harsh, but 2-3 more years at least.

Not panning anyone here, BTW, just that these "independent" releases take eons to materialize. It's just the nature of the beast when you're dealing with a group of people that work on these projects at their own leisure.

Keranu

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2007, 06:08:13 PM »
Yeah, independent games take a lot longer to make than what some people might think. They aren't are jobs, so we don't devote 40 hours a week trying to make games. We have our moments where we'll get a lot of work done, but often a lot of dead moments as well. The funny thing is how when you have a game that's practically 90% done, that last 10% to finish takes longer than the 90% took!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2007, 12:17:04 AM »
We should mention though, depending on how things go, there's the chance that we could end up releasing 2 games in 2008.  Ofcoarse, that's not something I can ever say is for sure, problems can arise in beta testing, or whatever, things happen, so, don't get your hopes to high.  I'm hoping we'll  do it though, it shouldn't take me all that long to finish the music for our 2nd project.  Not to mention our kind of "side project" which would make 3 games in a way.

esteban

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2008, 01:28:45 PM »
Yeah, independent games take a lot longer to make than what some people might think. They aren't are jobs, so we don't devote 40 hours a week trying to make games. We have our moments where we'll get a lot of work done, but often a lot of dead moments as well. The funny thing is how when you have a game that's practically 90% done, that last 10% to finish takes longer than the 90% took!
I'm content simply knowing that it will actually be released.

Timeframe does not matter, as far as I am concerned.

:)
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2008, 04:59:19 PM »
I'm content simply knowing that it will actually be released.

I wish more people thought like that :( .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2008, 07:00:54 PM »
I'm not worried either. TurboGrafx fan for life 8).

guyjin

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »

I wish more people thought like that :( .

Tell that to Duke Nukem.  8)
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Keranu

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2008, 09:35:52 AM »
Oh old Duke would certainly understand!

Speaking of which, I think we can safely say that MS will be released before the new Duke Nukem  8) . Hell all of our games will be made before that!

malducci

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2008, 01:55:37 PM »
Oh old Duke would certainly understand!

Speaking of which, I think we can safely say that MS will be released before the new Duke Nukem  8) . Hell all of our games will be made before that!

Guess you haven't seen the new announcement of Duke Nukem Forever from what ever company owns the rights to it now(I forget), have you?  :-"

Keranu

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2008, 04:35:44 PM »
Haven't heard about that! I think the curse will plague the new company though :mrgreen: .

nat

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2008, 04:54:04 PM »
I don't know, they said in their itinerary their first order of business was getting the game out before Mysterious Song.

Keranu

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2008, 05:14:43 PM »
Well then it's our itineraryier to get Mysterious Song out before it!

nodtveidt

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2008, 05:21:55 PM »
I guess we'd better pump Black Tiger full of caffeine pills then... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MissaFX

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2008, 09:28:28 PM »
How about you just rename it to Mysterious Song: Forever?  The you can release Mysterious Song II: Memories of the Past (a prequel) and finally Mysterious Song III under the title Mysterious Song just to frell with everyone.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Kitsunexus

« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2008, 09:38:01 PM »
When are you going to release the companion yaoi graphic novel "Mysterious Dong"?