Author Topic: Mysterious Song release delayed again!  (Read 2055 times)

turbofan1

Re: Mysterious Song release delayed again!
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 03:39:49 AM »
When are you going to release the companion yaoi graphic novel "Mysterious Dong"?

Wtf? lol

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2008, 02:36:12 PM »
When are you going to release the companion yaoi graphic novel "Mysterious Dong"?

Not anytime soon I hope  :lol:

nodtveidt

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2008, 01:18:54 AM »
An update at long last...

The game engine has reached 100% completion, meaning that every intended feature and code fragment has been added. It's a major milestone in the development of the game. Because we've reached 100% engine completion, I've begun adding the Spanish translation to the game. It'll take awhile to add because there's a lot of text, and since the font isn't standard I have to use conversion codes, but so far so good. Equuskia will be doing the final touches to the Spanish translation after it's all added. bonq has offered to add Spanish translations for the cutscenes as well, though he's been MIA for quite awhile now. Equuskia and I might take care of it ourselves if we don't hear from him in the next couple of months. After all, her and I have speaking roles in the game too (I play the part of Tiger, Equuskia plays the part of Ryanna).

Paranoia Dragon has done the final cuts of most of the soundtracks. The music sounds absolutely incredible, especially compared to the original score. Black Tiger's new artwork looks incredible as well...the game is really going to have beautiful cutscenes...provided I can get the colors to cooperate. :D

We are beginning to consider making this a double disc release, adding an OST disc in addition to the regular game disc. Any thoughts on this?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2008, 04:10:31 AM »
We are beginning to consider making this a double disc release, adding an OST disc in addition to the regular game disc. Any thoughts on this?

I like the idea, considering it's dirt cheap to have discs stamped.  As long as you don't add a bunch of extras of dubious worth ( *cough*  Working Designs  *cough* ), driving costs up and potential customers away, I think most people would appreciate getting something a little different from the normal releases.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nodtveidt

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2008, 05:11:14 AM »
There wouldn't be anything over-the-top, just an extra disc that contains the soundtrack. Of course, this would mean that the game will require a double case, but hey...many PCE games came in a double case, and a few US ones did too (such as Vasteel and Sim Earth).

termis

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2008, 05:29:58 AM »
Why not just use those double-cd cases that are single case in length?  That way, it stays nice & slim, won't increase postage costs for anyone as you can use basic bubble mailers instead of using boxes for shipping.  (But the real reason for me is more personal -- I HATE fat double cases.  :x)

nodtveidt

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2008, 08:17:04 AM »
The double CD cases are are single-sized are highly fragile. Besides, I can't think of a single PCE game that used one.

Arjak

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2008, 11:26:12 AM »
I would LOVE a soundtrack CD! I can't wait to hear the new version of the boss theme! :clap:

Also, it's good to hear that progress is continuing. Maybe I should try to complete the original PC version soon...
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2008, 01:43:19 PM »
Why not just use those double-cd cases that are single case in length?  That way, it stays nice & slim, won't increase postage costs for anyone as you can use basic bubble mailers instead of using boxes for shipping.  (But the real reason for me is more personal -- I HATE fat double cases.  :x)

My thoughts exactly!  I myself, switch out all my double cd case games, to be in single cd case, it's just wasted space!  Please Nod, slim double cd cases are the wave of the future!  I HATE the fat ones! :D  BTW, thanks for the praise about the soundtrack, it made me blush :oops: :lol:

Keranu

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2008, 07:30:26 PM »
I gotta say I would rather have a fat double CD case than a single one, despite them taking up more space. But it's up to what has higher demand I guess.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2008, 09:22:22 PM »
Slim for the win :lol:

vestcoat

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2008, 11:44:16 AM »
Get with the program.  You guys need to add more content, redo the engine, split the game into two parts and make a double-cd, gatefold digipak with a fold out poster featuring the entire Frozen Utopia back catalog.  Of course, this is in addition to the OST enhanced CD with a documentary on the making of Mysterious Song and the bonus visual collection DVD in 5.1 Dolby surround sound.  Both discs will be exclusive to the limited edition, advance-beta-promo only to be released in Japan under license by Red Frog "Special Version."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 11:47:03 AM by vestcoat »

nodtveidt

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2008, 12:42:21 PM »
Should it come with a toaster too? :D

Arjak

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2008, 12:44:30 PM »
If RedFrog really is distributing it, you better make a lot of copies so it isn't rare... :roll:
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

nodtveidt

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2008, 02:21:23 PM »
There will be 1000 copies of the game, and Red Frog will NOT be distributing it. We were originally going to have it distributed through TZD, but fortunately the game took longer to finish than expected...I guess it's better for all involved that that happened, since we'd be ashamed to have Red Frog represent us, and the game's had major overhauls since then anyways.