Author Topic: 3DO - Hated, Loved, Feared?  (Read 2899 times)

Kitsunexus

Re: 3DO - Hated, Loved, Feared?
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2007, 08:25:31 PM »
Weren't the Goldstar pads the legendary ones that you had to slightly unscrew to stop being stiff? Was that a production error or deisgn flaw?

Actually it was some of the first FZ-1 pads that had that issue,but the trick was to unscrew the pads top area near the thumb pad,and insert a wedge of paper or cardboard in a area that wouldn't bother your hand. This would make the thumb pad much more lax and easier to use.

This trick did also work on the Goldstar and Zhadnost pad,but still didn't help the latter one much. These days with a dremel kit its easier to mod pads then it was in the early 90ies,as you have seen with my Nes Max pad.

Cool, thanks for the info! ^_^

WoodyXP

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2007, 08:57:34 PM »

Try the FZ-JS1 Joystick if you're not enjoying the pads.  It's laid out like a Neo Geo stick.. with some extra buttons.. turbos.. ect.
It takes a little getting use to, since the buttons are a little more cranked to the left(your right index finger points closer to you)
but after you get past that it's not a bad stick.

FM-77

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2007, 01:33:34 AM »
The 360 is a decent system. Not as good as the Wii, of course, but good.

Ha ha ha! You must be f*cking kidding me! Your fanboyism never seizes to amaze! I actually thought you were one of those semi-fanboys that kinda like something other than Nintendo, but obviously you don't. You're just another retarded Nintendo fanboy. Name ONE f*cking advantage the Wii has over the 360! ONE!

Man, Nintendo motherf*cking sucks so much.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2007, 02:03:34 AM »
Ha ha ha! You must be f*cking kidding me! Your fanboyism never seizes to amaze! I actually thought you were one of those semi-fanboys that kinda like something other than Nintendo, but obviously you don't. You're just another retarded Nintendo fanboy. Name ONE f*cking advantage the Wii has over the 360! ONE!

OK Michael Helgeson, I think in your quest to quash disagreement, and your love of mod censorship, you should probably start working on this facist zealot.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2007, 05:24:09 AM »
Weird,so I guess I'm a Nintendo fanboy also. I like the Wii more then the 360 also. I have alot more fun with it. Anything else released on 360 I want to play is on pc also,which I have too obviously. Currently this means I have no reason to own a 360 system. I prob will eventually,but just not right now.

I love first person shooters that are done well,but I can't play them with standard controllers.The Wiis fps titles were the first I could play well,otherwise I'm strictly a keyboard and mouse person on those so I stick to the pc versions. The NFS titles are always released on pc too.Typically this goes for about anything else on 360 I like,its also on PC.

I'm not on a quest to quash disagreement,I just think its stupid to make personal attacks at someone simply because they like games or systems you don't. Its low and pety. You don't have to like  it or understand it,but you def need to keep the insults or personal attacks to yourselves. Feel free to say why you hate the system all you want,I got no problem with that,just don't get all pissy when someone doesn't agree with you,k?

guyjin

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2007, 07:24:10 AM »
The 360 is a decent system. Not as good as the Wii, of course, but good.
You're just another retarded Nintendo fanboy.

Then why do I have every Sega console other than the SG-1000?

Name ONE f*cking advantage the Wii has over the 360! ONE!
I'll name several.
1) it's controllers are awesome. they're wireless and don't weigh a ton, like the wireless 360 controllers. If you don't think so, fine, but 13 million people disagree.

2) Better online strategy. YA RLY. It's a commonly known fact that the internet is made of a series of tubes, but did you know that these tubes are an infinite douche recycling system? Any online game is going to be filled with these douches. You can block/blacklist them all you want, but the internet will always make more.
For Smash Bros, (and online DS games, incidentally) it works on a whitelist system; only people you know can play with you. all the a$$holes are filtered out with no effort on your part. If one of your friends turns out to be an ass, you can remove them. It's pure genius.

3) it's not overloaded with FPSes. if you like that genre, fine, the 360 is the system for you. but I don't, and it seems like every other game for the 360 is an FPS.

4) good first party titles. I have yet to regret purchasing a game made by Nintendo for the Wii. I can't even name a Microsoft 1st party title. If that makes me a Nintendo fanboy, so be it.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

GUTS

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2007, 07:28:22 AM »
I like the 3D0, I had some good times with it after buying one for $50 back in 96 or so.  It's a way better system than Wii, that's for f*cking sure.  The Wii is the harbinger of a return to the stone age of 3D gaming with its sub-PS2 graphics and retarded, ULTRA ridiculous controller that everybody pretends to like and calls "innovative" even though every f*cking game is the same shit we've been playing for 10 years just with waggling instead of pressing a button.  Innovation is coming up with a new type of game idea- not a shitty, gimmicky, imprecise way to control old game ideas.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2007, 08:05:44 AM »
Weird lol,I thought the Wiis graphics were alot better then PS2 myself when games were compared side by side,and I love the controller set up on alot of games. It doesn't work for everything,but stuff made specifically for it works well. I have no complaints. Games for it will improve over time too as people learn to use the ATI graphics chip better and optimize for the cpu.

Black Tiger

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2007, 09:34:17 AM »
1) it's controllers are awesome. they're wireless and don't weigh a ton, like the wireless 360 controllers. If you don't think so, fine, but 13 million people disagree.

They're still not as good for playing games with real controls and almost all Wii games make terrible use of the Wii controller features. Most decent Wii games would play better on a Gamecube pad.

Most things that are popular are crap that cater to the lowest common denominator, so popularity doesn't make the Wii controllers better(and I don't think that their are 13 million more Wiis than 360's sold). :wink:

2) Better online strategy. YA RLY. It's a commonly known fact that the internet is made of a series of tubes, but did you know that these tubes are an infinite douche recycling system? Any online game is going to be filled with these douches. You can block/blacklist them all you want, but the internet will always make more.
For Smash Bros, (and online DS games, incidentally) it works on a whitelist system; only people you know can play with you. all the a$$holes are filtered out with no effort on your part. If one of your friends turns out to be an ass, you can remove them. It's pure genius.

EGM had a feature recently, where they asked fans of non-Halo FPS's how their game better is than Halo 3. More than one game's players gave the excuse that because its so unpopular, they don't encounter as many a$$holes. Its kinda like arguing that the TG-16 was better than the Genesis and SNES because you couldn't find the hardware or games for sale in very many stores and when you did, you didn't have to fight anyone for the last copy.

But the "genius" a$$hole filtering system of Wii games is actually an extremely crude version of Xbox Live's Friends list. Most online games allow you to play with who you want, in custom games and other ways as well as matchmaking.

3) it's not overloaded with FPSes. if you like that genre, fine, the 360 is the system for you. but I don't, and it seems like every other game for the 360 is an FPS.

The 360 has the most variety of games of the 'current' generation. Everyone knows that the Wii is drowning in gimmicky garbage that Nintendo should be ashamed of granting licenses for in the first place. Other than waggle games, is their any other genre that the 360 doesn't crush the Wii(other than maybe platformers)?

The PC Engine may be overloaded with shooters, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't have a ton of other types of games too.

4) good first party titles. I have yet to regret purchasing a game made by Nintendo for the Wii. I can't even name a Microsoft 1st party title. If that makes me a Nintendo fanboy, so be it.

Unfortunately, their are only a handful of decent first party Wii games. You could argue that the top tier 360 exclusive titles don't greatly out number the Wii's(although Dave Halverson says the Wii only has 4), but it also has a bunch more quality titles that are exclusive to the 360/PS3.

And then their are still all the advantages that the Xbox 360 has over the Wii... but it doesn't really matter since people should just buy the console with the most games they want to play. Around here, it seems that most people would rather play Turbo/PCE games than any of the current gen consoles. :wink:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

guyjin

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2007, 10:06:06 AM »
The Wii is the harbinger of a return to the stone age of 3D gaming with its sub-PS2 graphics and retarded, ULTRA ridiculous controller that everybody pretends to like and calls "innovative" even though every f*cking game is the same shit we've been playing for 10 years just with waggling instead of pressing a button.

Yeah, I don't actually like the wii. I've bought half a dozen games for the thing 'cuz I'm just pretending to like it.  :roll:
And I find it hilarious that you seem to think the 360, with all its rehashes of PC games, and the PS3, with its rehashes of 360 games, are more innovative than the wii.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2007, 10:42:36 AM »
I see both party's points of views,but the basic thing is I don't need a 360 because the best games,the majority  it has to offer me that I actually like,they are on PC already too and look and run better. One thing I can't get on Pc are the titles me and the kids enjoy on the Wii however. The Wii is more oriented towards the family,and kids,and I am totally fine with that,as it still has titles I want that are suited towards my interest,like the Resident Evils,Guilty Gear,Metal Slug Anthology,Metroid,Naruto,Bleach, and DBZ and others.

I think the features of the 360 were great,as it was finally a system that could give home system gamers the Pc experience gaming wise with high definition/resolution graphics and advanced audio. The hardware design was bad though as far as how many major flaws have been found. Also,the thing is though is that I have been enjoying the Pc experience for years now. There are a couple of unique titles not on pc,but I don't buy systems for just a couple of games. Also,I hate Halo.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2007, 10:51:37 AM »
BTW, back to 3DO, one game I think looks nice, especially for the time it was released, is this Grand Chef RPG game, I wish it had been localised.

Keranu

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2007, 11:30:14 AM »
3DO is awesome.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2007, 12:28:00 PM »
Hey dude I never said the 360 or PS3 were innovative, I said the Wii is NOT innovative.  Waggling a controller left or right instead of pressing a D-pad to do the same thing is just asinine, not innovative.  Nintendo's days of pushing game design forward are long, long over, now they have to rely on stupid gimmicks to sell their sub-par efforts. 

SignOfZeta

« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2007, 01:15:23 PM »
I think you're just a colossal party pooping old man.