Author Topic: A Holiday Celebration Board.  (Read 15127 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: A Holiday Celebration Board.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 03:54:59 AM »
Sorry for your loss, Kirby; keep her in your heart and remember all the good times.

Happy belated Mother's Day to the millions of milfs that I know are roaming this forum yet are afraid to join.  :)
I hope y'all said thanks to your mama by sending flowers (or flours, eh nat?), chatting on the phone, giving her smokes during visitation hours, by buying her breakfast, or whatever else sounded like a good idea at the time.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

guyjin

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 05:22:25 AM »
I would say to consider yourself lucky. When I think of the woman I was forced to call "mom" growing up, all I think of is hatred and resentment.

That makes me really thankfull for my mom. Thanks, I guess.  :oops:
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

ceti alpha

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 05:29:08 AM »
Sorry to hear that Kirby. You really seem to have dealt with the loss very maturely. I hope I will be able to handle it as well as you. I've really been starting to think about my parents and how they are starting to get older. They're not sick or even close to unhealthy, but you never know. Anyway, I don't want to think about that right now. :)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Nintega Turbine Trio-CBS

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 11:07:27 AM »
Seriously. what human celebrates, Earth Day???? Neo hippies???

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 11:21:16 AM »
Seriously. what human celebrates, Earth Day???? Neo hippies???

If by celebrate you mean throw a party and eat cake, then you might be correct though I'm sure that old hippies could also join the party.  If by celebrate you mean observe, then the answer would be unselfish people that are willing to sacrifice a bit in an effort to preserve precious resources for later generations.

nodtveidt

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 12:29:26 PM »
Hippies are usually the ones to destroy things rather than conserve them. They prance around wagging their fingers at everyone else, yet are completely blind to their own wasteful acts and selfish principles.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 12:59:53 PM »
Hippies conserve more water than anyone else since they do not shower.  The world owes its life to hippies.  If it weren't for hippies, the world would have exploded or ended or something like that by now.

Keranu

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 07:45:43 PM »
Hey I recently found out that hippies were responsible for making the government release their super computer technology to the people, from none other than the great Marty Goldberg!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 07:52:33 PM »
don't forget that norwegian constitution day is coming up

be sure to eat some lutefisk

ceti alpha

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 05:45:32 AM »
Victoria Day is coming up on the 19th of May. It's a week early this year because Easter was so early. Too much time between holidays. I can't wait till this weekend. I need a good rest.

nat

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2008, 05:50:58 AM »
Victoria Day? WTF?!?!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2008, 06:30:37 AM »
Victoria Day, eh?  Do you celebrate that by watching hockey whilst downing Molson?  :lol:

ceti alpha

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2008, 08:04:32 AM »
Victoria Day, eh?  Do you celebrate that by watching hockey whilst downing Molson?  :lol:

lol!!  :lol: Almost! But I try to avoid the Molson Canadian.  :-& :-&

Schooner/Olands or bust! 

Seriously though, aside from the Hockey Worlds going on in Halifax and Quebec City right now, I'm not watching too much else. All the Canadian teams are gone.  :cry:

Hobo Xiphas

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2008, 04:03:18 PM »
i was going to mention victoria day but since i am an american who hates royalty i thought i would let one of the queen's subjects do it

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2008, 05:22:33 PM »

lol!!  :lol: Almost! But I try to avoid the Molson Canadian.  :-& :-&

Schooner/Olands or bust! 

Seriously though, aside from the Hockey Worlds going on in Halifax and Quebec City right now, I'm not watching too much else. All the Canadian teams are gone.  :cry:

Is that the type of beer that has some considerbly highly hilarious commercials, poking fun at/offending Americans all the while? I have seen some of those advertisements on YouTube, and I have heard that it does taste awful, just as you say, Ceti Alpha. Is it really as bad-tasting as some imply?

Victoria Day is today for Canada, so whatever way folks there choose to celebrate it, I hope it was a fine day for them (especially for my good Canadian friends such as Ceti Alpha and Black Tiger).
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com