Author Topic: teh "what did you buy today"-thread  (Read 377628 times)

nectarsis

Re: teh "what did you buy today"-thread
« Reply #16920 on: August 09, 2018, 05:07:21 PM »

plus picked up Rogue Galaxy on PSN on sale for $3 and change been waiting for a solid sale.  :dance: :dance:

Years and years ago I bought the whole Twilight Zone 1959 set on DVD. Is the Blu-Ray worth the upgrade?

In my opinion it is VERY worth the upgrade.   Dvdbeaver have a pretty good comparison of some shots,  a lot more detail and the remastered sound with no 5.1 bullshit really make this worth an upgrade.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 06:31:22 PM by nectarsis »
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

NightWolve

« Reply #16921 on: August 12, 2018, 05:42:54 AM »

My new import copy of Ys I&II Chronicles [JP Microsoft Windows PC] safely arrived yesterday via USPS from RyuHayabusa for a mere $33 pesos. Kept it nice'n'sealed in excellent condition so purty cool! The big box was so light, I was worried for a moment thinking I might be getting pranked, but all was fine. He packed it excessively well. I don't think it has a manual, it's a really small box with probably just folded material and a DVD in its paper sleeve (I'm guessing).

Best part of course is not seeing the poison that is XSEED Games written on it, I'd rather take the Japanese than touch anything those corrupt, criminal clown jobs published via worker abuse/exploitation/IP Rights violations (pertaining to my Ys translation software) by exploiting my early fan translation projects in secret collusion with my backstabbing partner... The Ys VIII sealed box I grabbed for the photo just for the hell of it, I wanted to do an unboxing video with it, but alas, I still suck at video editing and I doubt I'll follow through on that desire. No reason to open it sooner though since the game is a digital Steam download and I already installed/tested it months ago (Works fine with my new Windows 7 build, although I did cause one crash).

Anyway, I didn't need this, Falcom has so many variations/reboots/repackages of Ys Eternal (Ys Complete LE/XP/Popular Edition) followed by Chronicles (so Ys Eternal -> Ys Complete -> Ys Chronicles) so it's strictly a collectible why-not kind of thing and Ryu offered a new/sealed box pretty cheap compared to eBay (about $15-$20 less). It's kinda funny how they recycled this over and over again, it feels like there's nostalgia in their own ranks about it and it's not just more cash-grabs on their part. I dunno, but I still love the company since growing up with Ys Book I&II for better or worse.

NightWolve

« Reply #16922 on: August 17, 2018, 03:44:10 PM »
"Inland Professional 240GB 3D MLC NAND SATA III 6GB/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive"

On sale: $40

http://www.microcenter.com/product/485911/240gb-3d-mlc-nand-sata-iii-6gb-s-25-internal-solid-state-drive

Get SSD speeds and inject new life into your laptop or desktop PC with a solid state drive from Inland Professional. With a fast, reliable Inland Professional SSD, you will experience quicker boot-up and shutdown, quicker application response and data transfer speeds than with a typical hard disk drive without purchasing a new computer.

Specifications

Endurance: 175 TBW
Color: Black
Capacity: 240GB
Read Speed: 550 MB/s
Write Speed: 490 MB/s
Interface: SATA 3.0 6.0Gb/s
Form Factor: 2.5"
Architecture: 3D TLC NAND Flash
Random Read 4K: 42,000 IOPS
Random Write 4K: 80,000 IOPS

I bought this a year ago, but I'm really happy with the product and I know some people here shop at MicroCenter which is where I bought my first home PC (Compaq Presario) in 1996 so wanted to pass the deal along. Great computer/electronics store, so many great gadgets wind up in there some times for dirt cheap, especially with open-box markdown sales when items are returned. So anyway, I recommend the SSD upgrade if you're still using a 7200 RPM spinner in your desktop or tower PC...

Had I waited a year or so though, I would've purchased the next model up for 480GB which is more comfortable while still using a secondary 1-2TB spinner for long-term storage of videos, photos, music, projects, backup, etc.

The 480GB is also on sale for $70!

http://www.microcenter.com/product/503405/480gb-3d-tlc-nand-sata-iii-6gb-s-25-internal-solid-state-drive

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #16923 on: August 22, 2018, 10:57:16 AM »
"Inland Professional 240GB 3D MLC NAND SATA III 6GB/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive"

On sale: $40

http://www.microcenter.com/product/485911/240gb-3d-mlc-nand-sata-iii-6gb-s-25-internal-solid-state-drive

Get SSD speeds and inject new life into your laptop or desktop PC with a solid state drive from Inland Professional. With a fast, reliable Inland Professional SSD, you will experience quicker boot-up and shutdown, quicker application response and data transfer speeds than with a typical hard disk drive without purchasing a new computer.

Specifications

Endurance: 175 TBW
Color: Black
Capacity: 240GB
Read Speed: 550 MB/s
Write Speed: 490 MB/s
Interface: SATA 3.0 6.0Gb/s
Form Factor: 2.5"
Architecture: 3D TLC NAND Flash
Random Read 4K: 42,000 IOPS
Random Write 4K: 80,000 IOPS

I bought this a year ago, but I'm really happy with the product and I know some people here shop at MicroCenter which is where I bought my first home PC (Compaq Presario) in 1996 so wanted to pass the deal along. Great computer/electronics store, so many great gadgets wind up in there some times for dirt cheap, especially with open-box markdown sales when items are returned. So anyway, I recommend the SSD upgrade if you're still using a 7200 RPM spinner in your desktop or tower PC...

Had I waited a year or so though, I would've purchased the next model up for 480GB which is more comfortable while still using a secondary 1-2TB spinner for long-term storage of videos, photos, music, projects, backup, etc.

The 480GB is also on sale for $70!

http://www.microcenter.com/product/503405/480gb-3d-tlc-nand-sata-iii-6gb-s-25-internal-solid-state-drive

I go to Microcenter here and there but their sale items are usually long gone if they're a good enough deal
--DragonmasterDan

xelement5x

« Reply #16924 on: August 22, 2018, 03:10:12 PM »
I really only trust Samsung SSDs, they have had amazing track records and usage stats.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

NightWolve

« Reply #16925 on: August 22, 2018, 04:27:20 PM »
I really only trust Samsung SSDs, they have had amazing track records and usage stats.

Whatever brand you like, the SSD is an awesome upgrade though if replacing any traditional 5400/7200 RPM spinner! Just makes using a PC so much more pleasant and responsive, etc.

I see new desktop PCs still being sold with a 1TB 7200RPM spinner as standard, but I'd never go back to that, it's an insult - the fast boots and incredible app-loading improvement with a SSD is a God-send! The transition of a new, affordably-priced standard with SSD for OS/boot and an extra larger-sized spinner for general storage is happening, but yeah, they're still unloading PCs built on the old model.

NightWolve

« Reply #16926 on: August 24, 2018, 02:35:49 AM »
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=708776

Nice, another sale price drop by $5, it's now $65 bucks for that 480GB SSD I linked earlier!!! Screw it, I think I'm sold, I'm gonna upgrade my Windows boot drive again, might buy it this weekend!!!

nectarsis

« Reply #16927 on: September 06, 2018, 06:01:49 PM »
pretty nice noise canceling headphone (free with my phone upgrade)...plus some random gaming goodness

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

NightWolve

« Reply #16928 on: September 06, 2018, 06:43:32 PM »
Dragon Warrior XI!!!!!!!!! ;)

Medic_wheat

« Reply #16929 on: September 19, 2018, 01:12:03 PM »
More games more problems.

https://i.imgur.com/p0odO2O.jpg

xelement5x

« Reply #16930 on: March 22, 2019, 12:02:40 PM »

With a little help I finally finished a neat little Game Gear subset, the US Codemasters games! (AKA "those really weird looking Game Gear carts")

You probably notice that Fantastic Dizzy, unlike the rest of the games, doesn't have purple stripes which typically denote US versions.  This seems to be the case for all copies, both Euro and US as far as I can tell, and similarly CJ Elephant from both regions has the purple stripes, where normally Euro copies just had a solid purple background.

This means the real standouts in terms of "US" copies are Cosmic Spacehead, Micro Machines, and the quite sought after Pete Sampras Tennis.  The latter of which can be increasingly difficult to locate even for sale, let alone for a decent price nowadays.  I'm happy to finally have all 5 in my collection.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16931 on: March 22, 2019, 06:05:09 PM »
Neato, xele.  I dig the battery pack too.

My only recent purchase is a copy of the Evil Dead Musical soundtrack.  It's quite funny and makes me almost want to see it live.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16932 on: March 29, 2019, 07:14:17 PM »
I picked up a Roku Express today.  Now I can screen cast Netflix and pr0n to the big screen.   :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Dicer

« Reply #16933 on: March 29, 2019, 07:34:55 PM »
I've picked up some random stuff I'll get around to snapping a pic of it all, save for the SSD which is installed.

I do love my mechanical keyboard though CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLICKITY CLACK

xelement5x

« Reply #16934 on: May 09, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »

Well look what showed up from Sarumaru! I got FX Unit Yuki the Henshin Engine for the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and the reprint version of the PC Engine/TurboGrafxCD version.

I had missed MGC this year, so I also begged for a promo or two from the show and he threw some extra stuff in like the little promo cards and a Yuki magnet.  It's a solid translation but the soundtrack on the PC Engine version is so good.