Author Topic: teh "what did you buy today"-thread  (Read 377280 times)

Gredler

Re: teh "what did you buy today"-thread
« Reply #16950 on: August 12, 2019, 02:30:36 AM »
I did get some stuff myself recently:

Picked these up from Vintage Stock the other day when they had a sale, all are CIB.
Barbie Super Model (GEN)
T2 The Arcade Game (GEN)
Vectorman (GEN)
Outrun (GEN)
Golden Axe II (GEN)
Fatal Labyrinth (GEN)

A couple are dupes and some are variants I wanted.  For example I have the gatefold version of T2 but this one was like $2 so I figured why not.  All are complete with the manuals too, got a pretty decent deal so yay!

How fatal is that labyrinth? I dont remember it for some reason

Mathius

« Reply #16951 on: August 12, 2019, 07:09:23 PM »
Nice Outrun box. I'll get a box for my loosie one of these years. I had a boxed one growing up. Shoulda kept it lol
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16952 on: August 12, 2019, 09:46:15 PM »
LOL, Barbie.   You play it!  Don't be a hoarder (whore-der)!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

xelement5x

« Reply #16953 on: August 12, 2019, 10:15:47 PM »
How fatal is that labyrinth? I dont remember it for some reason

It's a weird game, it kind of reminds me of Brandish in some respects but the enemies only move when you do as you work through the levels.

Nice Outrun box. I'll get a box for my loosie one of these years. I had a boxed one growing up. Shoulda kept it lol

I got really lucky on this one, the price on it was quite reasonable with the Buy 2 Get 1 sale that was going on.  I only had a loosie until now as well. 

And necro you just don't appreciate the time it takes to be a super model.  There is a mini-game where you can only eat 1/8 of a bagel or else your sponsor funding declines. :P
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16954 on: August 12, 2019, 10:30:27 PM »
Oh, I appreciate it.  You know I'd play that shiz.  :mrgreen:

Mathius

« Reply #16955 on: August 13, 2019, 12:16:05 AM »
I was tempted to poke at ya a smidge about the Barbie game, but Outrun grabbed more of my attention. Plus Necro took care of it for me so....
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

xelement5x

« Reply #16956 on: August 13, 2019, 11:44:36 AM »
Lol it was cheap like T2 and I really can't say no to a cheap Genesis game I don't already own.  I'm not going for a full Genesis set or anything but the system really hold a sweet spot in my heart similar to the PCE.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

roflmao

« Reply #16957 on: September 12, 2019, 11:38:48 PM »
Apologies that it's not video game related, but I found these for $2 a pop at a local thrift shop today and couldn't resist. :)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16958 on: September 12, 2019, 11:54:49 PM »
I don't know about the tunes, but that cosmic slop has a sweet name and awesome art.

roflmao

« Reply #16959 on: September 13, 2019, 12:06:19 AM »
I don't know about the tunes, but that cosmic slop has a sweet name and awesome art.

This is the full album artwork once the gatefold is opened up:

I was going to take it home based on the artwork alone, but once I saw George Clinton's name on it, I realized this was a Funkadelic album and it was a no-brainier. I listened to it tonight and it's psychedelic funk alright.

That Wild Cherry record is another funk album. "Play That Funky Music, White Boy" is on this record. :D

xelement5x

« Reply #16960 on: September 17, 2019, 10:14:07 PM »
Just got my Shantae and the Seven Sirens promo merch from Limited Run Games and it looks amazing!

Was picked up for me at PAX West by a friend on another forum with a couple other things as well.

I'm excited to have a new game in the series coming out, plus I'm glad I didn't have to fight for it last Friday.

Gypsy

« Reply #16961 on: September 20, 2019, 10:58:23 AM »
So I've been buying almost the entire collection of a guy. I already got insane Dreamcast, PS1 and Saturn lots from him and now this. Everything except Ninja Gaiden, PB4 and the TV show are from him. DK64 and the GB game were tossed in as total freebies apparently, I can't complain. I've got a CIB Turbo Express system + official bag as well as more Dreamcast stuff still in the mail from him. TOTALLY AWESOME.  :icon_cat_happy:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16962 on: September 20, 2019, 02:22:54 PM »
Nice lot o' goodies!  Turbobs are the best, of course, but that FF Legend brings back fond memories.

Gypsy

« Reply #16963 on: September 20, 2019, 03:25:14 PM »
Nice lot o' goodies!  Turbobs are the best, of course, but that FF Legend brings back fond memories.

TURRRRBO. I actually need a way to play US hueys now as I only have JP systems. The Turbo Express once repaired is an option but I plan to get something to hook up to a CRT as well.

Here are the other lots I got from the guy

The first Dreamcast lot was these NA version games, no pic.

Bangai-O
Skies of Arcadia
Capcom vs SNK
Grandia II
Phantasy Star Online version 1
Record of the Lodoss War
Sega Smash Pack Vol.1
Virtual-On Oratoria Tangram

Everything has been in amazing condition too.

roflmao

« Reply #16964 on: September 20, 2019, 07:08:31 PM »
Dang, Gypsy! That's way cool.