Author Topic: I run an import game store in Japan  (Read 3115 times)

Sensei

Re: I run an import game store in Japan
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2008, 02:10:54 PM »
You need to get a copy of Shanghai: The Great Wall and Ruruli Ra Runrunrowrowyourboat for PC-FX. Those are my two personal holy grails. A friend and I don't actually believe these titles exist since they have never appeared for sale at any point online or elsewhere within the last 10 years. If you were to get a copy of each of these in stock, not only would I buy them right away, but consider you a god among men since clearly only an act of god will ever bring either of these games out of the woodwork.

Yeah I just got a RuRiRuWhatever for Missa and I could get Shanghi if you need it.  I never stocked it because it is so much more expensive than other shanghi titles (ususlly around $50) and dosn't really offer anything the 3DO or Saturn version don't.  I'll get it eventually (my goal is to have every PC-FX game available).

Mednafen

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2008, 02:43:51 PM »
There's a pricey one on Yahoo! Japan auctions: http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b85772254
I also saw one a week or so ago, but I don't know if it's the same one.

Windancer

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2008, 08:28:50 PM »
Sensei, dont forget secret Santa commin up. Get your 10 to 20 dollars game out there for us so we cn buy our friend somethin cool. I really want dragon egg and goes for a 15 bucks so it will be on my list, :)

Sensei

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2008, 07:29:17 PM »
Ok, I added a few more games and lowered a couple of prices. 

http://www.risingstuff.com/video-games-pcfx-c-2_188.html

Let me know what you guys think  :D

Also before anyone asks, I know the price of Nirgends seems way too high, but my wholesalers tell me that it is "人気上昇中" (In the midst of a popularity rise).  So it has become really expensive all over.  Does anyone have an idea or why that might be?  Was a sequel announced?  Or an anime or something?

Anyway, as always I am grateful for you help and suggestions.  You have all been awesome.

MissaFX

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2008, 04:20:18 AM »
Also before anyone asks, I know the price of Nirgends seems way too high, but my wholesalers tell me that it is "人気上昇中" (In the midst of a popularity rise).  So it has become really expensive all over.  Does anyone have an idea or why that might be?  Was a sequel announced?  Or an anime or something?

Anyway, as always I am grateful for you help and suggestions.  You have all been awesome.

I have no idea why they would be charging you so much for Nirgends or Fire Woman, or Team Innocent.  But for whatever reason the wholesalers are charging more.  Nirgends is a different game (for the FX lineup), but that doesn't mean it is a great game by any means.  Fire Woman on the other hand and Team Innocent are good games.  Team Innocent would be a lot more money if it was't one of the release games they printed gosh like a million of.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

geepee16

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2008, 08:53:05 PM »
Sensei, yeah, i  was here for four years until last year and only came back for 3 + months this summer.  will be back again next summer. 
  as for nirgends: man, this game has been over $100 at times and then down to $45-50 and everywhere in between.  it's a very different game and i have enjoyed it quite a bit.  there is nothing else like it on the FX.
  the FX has had a strange year or so in Japan because for a while, stores didn't carry it.  TRADER specifically comes to mind though there were others.  the system is back this year and easy to find again.  with it came shelf space for games and stores like sofmap, trader, liberty and the cool but ridiculously overpriced retro game #8 could easily have 10-20 games each on any given day.
  the pricing and availability of these games in stores is sometimes a bit fishy. i'll write more about that later but, having taken a brief look at your website, i'd say you've got something good happening there. we appreciate it.

Sensei

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2008, 06:45:45 PM »
Hey all!  Tomorrow I am heading to the United States for a little vacation (see the family, etc.)  If anyone needs me for stuff regarding the store I am afraid I may not be able to check my email all that often until my trip is over.  My business partner will still be around to answer any of your order questions so feel free to contact him through the site itself. If you have any questions that require my expertise, ask them before tomorrow or ask me when I get back.  I will be back on the 10th.

I'll miss you guys.   :(

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2008, 04:22:03 PM »
time to save my $$ and get a PCFX and GFY!

>_<
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

jboypacman

« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2008, 03:03:41 AM »
KyuKyoKu Tiger arrived today! Awesome and thanks for the bonus Hu-Card. :D