Author Topic: Introducing myself and Turbo Video Reviews......  (Read 23791 times)

ceti alpha

Re: Introducing myself and Turbo Video Reviews......
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 04:25:32 AM »
I just went through the whole lot of the Turbo reviews and loved them all. I remember watching the Terraforming review last year and wanting more. heh Splash Lake looks surprisingly fun.

I'm curious to see what you have to say about Super Mario Galaxy. I've never played this game, so it's still somewhat of a mystery to me.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

spida1a

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »
Thanks for all your support and encouragement gang.  I'm really having fun making them and it's something I've always wanted to do (I almost did back in 2000 when I dusted the system off the last time......then there was hardly ANYTHING online for the Turbo). 

I might need some of your help in the future possibly.  I went through the list and there are definitely about 20 games that I will not be reviewing, mainly because they are of a sport or theme that I'm not confident enough in.   So, might need some guest reviewers sendin' in some scripts.   :)

Thanks again!

MotherGunner

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 03:02:12 PM »
Thanks for all your support and encouragement gang.  I'm really having fun making them and it's something I've always wanted to do (I almost did back in 2000 when I dusted the system off the last time......then there was hardly ANYTHING online for the Turbo). 

I might need some of your help in the future possibly.  I went through the list and there are definitely about 20 games that I will not be reviewing, mainly because they are of a sport or theme that I'm not confident enough in.   So, might need some guest reviewers sendin' in some scripts.   :)

Thanks again!

Chris that is a fine idea.  Are there any games you don't own?  Can you talk a little about your process for video capture? How long it takes to put together one review?  Maybe a list of upcoming titles?  It would be really cool if you did like Paul and made some podcasts of your reviews.  I would love to take them on the go. (Just like my PC Engine City complete set).
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

geddon_jt

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 11:12:46 AM »
Just my 2 cents. I think your reviews are top notch - keep them coming. It's obvious you connect with the things that make these games really special. Keep it up! :clap: :clap:

geise

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2009, 11:55:48 AM »
I don't know why, but I have always passed on Splash Lake.  Which is funny cause even to this day I have always been curious about.  I just have never gotten around to it.  Hell I haven't even seen the game in motion till seeing your wonderful review of it.  Now I want to track down a copy to buy and play.  These reviews are great!  Thank you so much for sharing.

spida1a

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2009, 12:32:43 PM »
I don't know why, but I have always passed on Splash Lake.  Which is funny cause even to this day I have always been curious about.  I just have never gotten around to it.  Hell I haven't even seen the game in motion till seeing your wonderful review of it.  Now I want to track down a copy to buy and play.  These reviews are great!  Thank you so much for sharing.

I think you'll really like it.  I always really enjoyed it (and I "never" thought I would back in the day......you know?).  Thanks for watching and for your compliments.  They mean a lot!!

spida1a

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »
Just my 2 cents. I think your reviews are top notch - keep them coming. It's obvious you connect with the things that make these games really special. Keep it up! :clap: :clap:

Thanks so much!  I really enjoy doing them.  It's been a fun winter project (both getting to hibernate at home and play Turbo again AND share the reviews).  :)

spida1a

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »
Chris that is a fine idea.  Are there any games you don't own?  Can you talk a little about your process for video capture? How long it takes to put together one review?  Maybe a list of upcoming titles?  It would be really cool if you did like Paul and made some podcasts of your reviews.  I would love to take them on the go. (Just like my PC Engine City complete set).

Hey, thanks for your kind words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I really appreciate them.  I'll try to answer a few of your questions really quick.

The only US released game I believe I'm missing is Might and Magic III.  I have a manual though, SIGH!   Anyone have an extra?  :)

It takes me a while to put a review together.  I start, obviously, by playing the game.  As I play, I capture the footage onto a Digital-8 Tape (to preserve the analogue signal the best that I can).  Then I capture scenes into my computer and as I do I make notes on a Word document of things I really want to make sure to mention.  Then I do a little research to see if the game has an angle I can take in the review, unless I already know it (then I still do research to make sure I'm not full of crap), write the script, do the read and then do the edit.  I really try to be extremely thorough and represent the game as best as I can based on how I feel about the game.  As an "anal" editor professionally, I try to keep things in check and NOT kill myself on them (I could literally do a thousand more things with them than I do and I have to say "okay, it's done, let's move on or else you'll never get to the next one)."  You know?   ;)

Two are in the works now.........Dungeon Explorer II and.....Darkwing Duck.  Oh, I can't wait to do that second one.  I JUST beat it on NORMAL mode FINALLY (after trashing my controller).  LOL!

Thanks again!
Chris

geise

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 06:07:54 AM »
Sorry I used to have a mint copy, but sold it to a former member of this forum.  If I still had it I would sell it again.  I didn't sell it for much either.  I like "helping" the turbo community like you do with your fine reviews.  :)  Sorry I can't help you finish your collection.

Nintega

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 06:09:51 AM »
You got awesome reviews. Subbed to your channel days ago. I am SAGAIA2 on YT.

gat

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 06:25:55 AM »
Give us an RPG review!!!  :pray:

spida1a

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 09:04:33 AM »
You got awesome reviews. Subbed to your channel days ago. I am SAGAIA2 on YT.

Hey, thanks so much!  I try.  :) :)

spida1a

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 09:05:28 AM »

I gotta' be honest, I'm not the "best" at RPG's (unless they're something like Ys or Neutopia, something a little more action-based).  I'll probably need some help reviewing stuff like Cosmic Fantasy 2.

Although........I just put up my Dungeon Explorer II review.......that has some RPG in it.  :)

geddon_jt

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 01:52:53 PM »
Another awesome review. I concur with your sentiments totally. DE2 is an awesome game, definitely some of the best cinematics on the system too.

You know, your review style almost reminds me of Rick Steves' Europe on the Travel Channel. Your narration style is strangely similar, you're just talking games instead of European sightseeing. LOL

TR0N

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 05:07:49 PM »

I gotta' be honest, I'm not the "best" at RPG's (unless they're something like Ys or Neutopia, something a little more action-based).  I'll probably need some help reviewing stuff like Cosmic Fantasy 2.

Although........I just put up my Dungeon Explorer II review.......that has some RPG in it.  :)

Cool i just watched your (DE2) review great stuff there.You cover it's pro and cons even if it is more of a update it's still a solid sequel.

I left a reponse on that video all ready i'm progearspec on youtube.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec