Author Topic: Introducing myself and Turbo Video Reviews......  (Read 23802 times)

spida1a

Introducing myself and Turbo Video Reviews......
« on: January 04, 2009, 06:17:53 PM »
Hi gang,

First of all, I've been a longtime lurker here and recently joined so I could take part in some of the conversations.  I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

So.......hi, I'm Chris Bucci and yes, I'm a TurboGrafx-16 addict. 

I had the system as a kid and it pretty much has become my favorite nostalgic console.  I scooped up games whenever I could in the early 90s and have since become a collector, I guess you could say.   Special thanks to all the great posts and information that you guys have put on this forum.  I have learned so much more than I ever thought possible reading through this place.

Second of all, I decided to dust-off the ole' TurboGrafx collection for the winter.  As I played through the games, I recorded the footage and decided to do short reviews of each game.  Someone asked that I post them onto YouTube and I started to.  I met some really great people as a result (such as Paul from PC Engine Software Bible).  Since people seemed to enjoy them, I thought I would continue and just wanted to pass the link along to you guys here.  I'd love to share them with you as well.  If you're interested, here's my Playlist at YouTube for them and I'm planning to keep on going so make sure to subscribe:

Thanks for letting me be a part of the forum and have a Happy New Year  :dance:
Sincerely,
Chris B.

TR0N

Re: Introducing myself and Turbo Video Reviews......
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 09:36:25 PM »
I been watching you're videos lately and the reviews are good.You make sense and i can understand,what you are talking about.Compare two other reviewers i've seen for the TG16 on youtube though i won't mention there names  :P Any ways keep up the good work.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 10:24:09 PM »
Welcome aboard, HAR, HAAARRR, HAAAAAARRRRRR!

I decided to check out your YouTube page and was expecting some typical millenium, Virtual Console style video reviews. Of course being the world's biggest J.J. & Jeff defender, I decided to watch that one. Needless to say, my negative expectations quickly vanished! Fantastic work dude, very well done! I love the opening and ending screens - very early 90's TV-ish (which is a great thing, in my opinion). I was also relieved to see that you actually understood what makes J.J. & Jeff the brilliant game it actually is instead of immediately trashing it like most people do because they're turned off by the humor and Super Mario style control physics.

Good job on the editing too, I really like the appropriate zooming in parts and manual scans. Look forward to watching more reviews, keep up the good work!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Tatsujin

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 11:40:13 PM »
yeas..welcome aboard and n-joz teh foeums. nice revs you did there. respect is due :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

spida1a

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 01:15:03 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys.  Obviously these are personal "reviews" so we're not always going to agree.  But, I try to be very comprehensive (in the short amount of time I have) and very detailed as to WHY I feel a certain way about a game. 

That way, at least you know where I'm coming from.......and I don't just say "Eh, this sucks."   [-(
Ugh, I hate that.

I wish I had more time to polish them and do some on-camera stuff and show more......but alas, full-time-job woes always get in the way of the fun stuff. 

Thanks again for watching!
Chris

ceti alpha

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 04:00:42 AM »
Welcome aboard, HAR, HAAARRR, HAAAAAARRRRRR!

I decided to check out your YouTube page and was expecting some typical millenium, Virtual Console style video reviews. Of course being the world's biggest J.J. & Jeff defender, I decided to watch that one. Needless to say, my negative expectations quickly vanished! Fantastic work dude, very well done! I love the opening and ending screens - very early 90's TV-ish (which is a great thing, in my opinion). I was also relieved to see that you actually understood what makes J.J. & Jeff the brilliant game it actually is instead of immediately trashing it like most people do because they're turned off by the humor and Super Mario style control physics.

Good job on the editing too, I really like the appropriate zooming in parts and manual scans. Look forward to watching more reviews, keep up the good work!

Welcome aboard! Love the reviews, too! :)

I just watched the JJ and Jeff review and I'm finally going to pick this sucker up. It really does look like fun even if it isn't/wasn't groundbreaking in terms of gameplay. Which should I pick up, the PCE or TG16 port?

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 05:20:27 AM »
Welcome aboard.  Nice reviews; it's good to hear that someone else enjoys Splash Lake as much as I do (or even more so, as it sounds).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

gat

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009, 09:49:17 AM »
Just watched some reviews! Nice!!

nectarsis

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2009, 09:50:59 AM »
Welcome to the nuthouse :)  Keep up the reviews, decent stuff there ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Lord Thag

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2009, 10:59:21 AM »
Welcome! I'll check out your reviews when I get home. No Youtube at work  :|
Dodging little white bullets since the Carter administration

termis

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 11:10:42 AM »
Hey, welcome to the forums! 

I gotta say, those reviews are done really nicely.  Awesome!

MotherGunner

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
Hi Chris !  I watched all your reviews on youtube.   Nice to see you join us.  I especially enjoyed the Shockman review even though you couldn't pronounce shbibbin..er  shubbininin?  er shubizzle my nizzle?....yea...

Welcome man  =)
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

sunteam_paul

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2009, 04:45:25 AM »
Nice to see you arrived here!

Don't forget folks, all Chris's reviews are put up on my site as well as soon as I know about them :)
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

spenoza

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 09:05:19 AM »
Loved seeing the Splash Lake review. That game is highly under-appreciated.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

rag-time4

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 04:22:14 AM »
Chris, you should consider posting in the high score thread! Looks like the JJ and Jeff scores you had going in your review were more than respectable!

So far the JJ and Jeff review is the only one I've seen, but I really enjoyed it!