Author Topic: Introducing myself and Turbo Video Reviews......  (Read 24198 times)

Jared4781

Re: Introducing myself and Turbo Video Reviews......
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 07:49:32 AM »
just checked out all the reviews .. they were great! glad to see someone putting some time and effort into reviewing some Turbo games.
always looking to buy mint turbo games. hit me up if you've got some!

ceti alpha

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 04:45:52 AM »
Spida1a, you're pinball game room is most drool worthy. I was showing my brother, who is a big pinball fan, and he was blown away as well.  8) I loved the video of you opening up the Big Bang Bar.  :clap:

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

spida1a

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2009, 10:57:10 PM »
Another awesome review. I concur with your sentiments totally. DE2 is an awesome game, definitely some of the best cinematics on the system too.

You know, your review style almost reminds me of Rick Steves' Europe on the Travel Channel. Your narration style is strangely similar, you're just talking games instead of European sightseeing. LOL

LOL!  Thanks! 

You know, I just reviewed one of my "least" favorite games on the system (Darkwing Duck) and uploaded it to YouTube.  And it's funny........I found myself getting really MAD as I read the script.  I almost turned into the Angry Videogame Nerd.  Amazing how a bad game can do that to you!   :)

spida1a

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2009, 10:58:05 PM »
Spida1a, you're pinball game room is most drool worthy. I was showing my brother, who is a big pinball fan, and he was blown away as well.  8) I loved the video of you opening up the Big Bang Bar.  :clap:

Hey, thanks.  I'm hoping in the spring when I dust off the games a bit (and can get to them........they're in a temporarily different place right now) that I can do a few more reviews of them.  :)

ceti alpha

« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 12:02:44 AM »
Another awesome review. I concur with your sentiments totally. DE2 is an awesome game, definitely some of the best cinematics on the system too.

You know, your review style almost reminds me of Rick Steves' Europe on the Travel Channel. Your narration style is strangely similar, you're just talking games instead of European sightseeing. LOL

LOL!  Thanks! 

You know, I just reviewed one of my "least" favorite games on the system (Darkwing Duck) and uploaded it to YouTube.  And it's funny........I found myself getting really MAD as I read the script.  I almost turned into the Angry Videogame Nerd.  Amazing how a bad game can do that to you!   :)

I've never played Darkwing Duck, but you're not the only one to give it a thumbs down. I look forward to watching you get frustrated....not that I get off on other people's pain.... 8-[

TR0N

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2009, 03:44:43 PM »
When i watch your darkwing duck review spida i thought you would pull a avgn.

Since you did cuss a bit in it  :wink: :lol:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Platinumfungi

« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 11:27:31 AM »
Excellent job on these reviews Spida! Keep it up. I watched them all  :D

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2009, 12:36:09 PM »
With the risk of sounding like a kiss ass, I'd like to say thanks Spida for these awesome reviews!!

Its like Finally we have a voice with some quality reviews on the net.

In by that I mean, someone that I can totally compare to AVGN, or that Irate Gamer or anyone else!

Thanks!!

Keranu

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2009, 04:16:57 PM »
Yeah it's nice to have a true old skool gamer who can review a Turbo game and truly know what the hell he is saying, unlike all those VC n00bs.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Platinumfungi

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2009, 01:26:19 PM »
Yeah it's nice to have a true old skool gamer who can review a Turbo game and truly know what the hell he is saying, unlike all those VC n00bs.

I second that. Spida, you're doing a very professional job with these. Way ,way, way better then pretty much any review I've ever watched on youtube. Your reviews are a great addition to the NEC community  :clap:

Duo_R

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2009, 11:59:12 PM »
I really dig the videos, can u put an ending spoiler alert tho? I mean so far no harm with the games reviewed, but I don't wanna watch a good ending by accident.

I really dig your videos tho and can't wait to see more! How about some shooters?
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

TR0N

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2009, 04:43:09 PM »
Bump! Well spida latest review is up though this time he reviews the,pce version of ninja gaiden.

ceti alpha

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »
Bump! Well spida latest review is up though this time he reviews the,pce version of ninja gaiden.

And a great review as always.

Duo_R

« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2009, 10:54:58 PM »
Review to one of my favorite games! I bought this game not long ago (I always wanted this version) but I could not find a in-depth review. Thanks a ton for adding that for others that are interested.

Also - just for fun you should record Ryu when you flip an Avenue 6 controller into 6 button mode. You can ninja moonwalk!
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

TR0N

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 07:14:56 PM »
I wasn't expecting this but spida has another review up all ready.
Aero Blasters