Author Topic: Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?  (Read 35427 times)

rag-time4

Re: Race is on B1tches!
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2009, 06:09:49 PM »
JJ and Jeff clear!!! By God's grace that's 10 clears!! Ceti Alpha, you're next!!  :twisted: :twisted:

ceti alpha

« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2009, 12:21:09 AM »
 :P

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rag-time4

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2009, 10:26:51 AM »
Clear #11 !!! Bomberman 94!! This was supposed to be an easy clear but the last area and final boss were insane!

Sinistron

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2009, 06:07:33 PM »
Clear #75 - Atomic Robo-kid... 

Real happy to clear this one right after Gomola Speed- since they have things in common- same company- same number of levels with bosses every fifth level, similar graphics and music in spots, and I noticed that the worm boss in Gomola Speed is an enemy in Atomic Robo-kid- and also the password characters in Gomola Speed include Atomic Robo-kid and Ninja Kid (who appears in ARK as a bonus)...  These are two of my favorite hucards for sure.

25 to go!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 06:31:24 PM by Sinistron »

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

Sinistron

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2009, 08:58:38 AM »
I was ready to give up on this on Field 6-4B - thinking the whole time there were 8 Fields.  After Runin told me last night that 6-4 was the final stage- I knew I had to come back today to finish it.
Clear #76- JJ & Jeff...

I'm 10 away from the number 5 slot now- hkfan with 86...   :twisted:

rag-time4

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2009, 12:43:21 PM »
By God's grace, Clear #12! Ys III (jp version) clear!

Now Ceti and I are even, as of this post!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 08:21:55 AM by rag-time4 »

rag-time4

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2009, 09:50:57 PM »
Double post!

With the help of Allah, clear #13! Legendary Axe II clear!! This one was way way easier for me than the first. Got to the last boss on my first playthrough. Finished the deal today.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 08:22:15 AM by rag-time4 »

Sinistron

« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2009, 02:35:24 AM »
Double post!

With the help of Allah, Legendary Axe II clear!! This one was way way easier for me than the first. Got to the last boss on my first playthrough. Finished the deal today.

I find these games to be the complete opposite- with II having been a much tougher clear than I.  You cleared the board with the berserk chickens- and the other board with the robots- on your very first play?  Not saying you're lying- but I personally find that hard to believe.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2009, 07:04:24 AM »
I find these games to be the complete opposite- with II having been a much tougher clear than I.  You cleared the board with the berserk chickens- and the other board with the robots- on your very first play?  Not saying you're lying- but I personally find that hard to believe.

Perhaps you should be praying to Allah.  :-k
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

rag-time4

« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2009, 08:22:43 AM »
Double post!

With the help of Allah, Legendary Axe II clear!! This one was way way easier for me than the first. Got to the last boss on my first playthrough. Finished the deal today.

Those chickens are easy to hit and easy to keep safe from. When they jump, you can jump and whack'em and they'll fall back down. The fire is easy to avoid because it's in a predictable pattern. The robots were irritating at first but I only died maybe once in each of those stages on my first run, and the checkpoints make it so you start in the middle of the level. It lets you backtrack a bit and powerup if you want too.

Sinistron

« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2009, 08:37:27 AM »
Yeah I beat the game- I know how it works- just really have a tough time believing you got that far your first game- for not only are those robots a pain in the ass but if I remember right there's some maze bits as well (and a timer?).  Axe 1 I still say is much easier- maybe I have it mastered from back in the day- but who knows.  Maybe you eat your Wheaties- or maybe you're the be-all-end-all master of the form or something- kind of like the power f*cking master metal shooter or whatever Zeta said he was.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:51:00 AM by Sinistron »

rag-time4

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »
Yeah I beat the game- I know how it works- just really have a tough time believing you got that far your first game- for not only are those robots a pain in the ass but if I remember right there's some maze bits as well (and a timer?).  Axe 1 I still say is much easier- maybe I have it mastered from back in the day- but who knows.  Maybe you eat your Wheaties- or maybe you're the be-all-end-all master of the form or something- kind of like the power f*cking master metal shooter or whatever Zeta said he was.
I did die once on the chicken level my first time through, but I didn't find it that hard. I ran out of time on my first life in the last stage (futureistic maze) but then I decided to drop down to the bottom and see if there was anything and it turns out that's what you need to do. There's a checkpoint along the way. I noticed Axe II seems pretty liberal about enemy drops.

Sorry if the details of my adventure are only making your agony worse Sin!!  :^o

Sinistron

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2009, 02:18:59 AM »
Came thisclose to clearing Alice in Wonderdream last night- at least I'm assuming so.  Stage was called The Nightmare and I made it to the second form of the boss- and I'm not using codes or any of that crap.  Anyone beat this (no one at PCEDaisakusen is listed as)?  I plan to bust it up good next time I play- but I'm not sure that I'll be able to fit it in tonight- and my weekend is shot.  Stages so far were The Forest, The Falls, The Vegetables, The Palace, The Nightmare.  I see some review pages incorrectly say that bosses are reused- those two bosses- the ghost and the alligator- are just mini-bosses used for the first two parts of the first three stages- and they get tougher each time (though they're pretty damn easy).  The ghost starts off with an attached link of two ghosts and adds one each time you see him, and the alligator gets an additional bouncing ball each time.  The real bosses are Pinocchio, a dog with a tuba, the Big Bad Wolf, the Palace king, and a lady who turns into a flying creature and then into some giant monster- maybe there's another form- who knows.  Reason I'm assuming this is the end is because no other boss had several forms and because the cutscenes in the beginning show Alice having a nightmare- so yeah it's probably the final stage.

Overall this game is much better than I initially thought- first time I played it I wasn't impressed at all- but the difficulty curve is good and I like how essential the spells are to mastering the game.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 02:20:53 AM by Sinistron »

rag-time4

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2009, 09:18:40 PM »
Getting near the end of Shape Shifter! playing it only a little at a time since spring break at my work is over. Just got the last form today! Ceti once this one is nailed maybe they'll start falling for me like Dominoes!!

Ceti, have you made any progress with Valis III?

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »
I beat every game ever made for everything already, so

YOU ALL SUCK!

MWAHAHAAAAAAA

:-"
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.