Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 63109 times)

roflmao

Re: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #3105 on: February 15, 2018, 04:42:03 PM »
My son is currently playing through Galaxy 2 and loving it. I don't think he cared for 3D world either. I haven't really played either, but I've watched him some and concur.

Gypsy

« Reply #3106 on: February 16, 2018, 01:43:57 AM »
Dabbling a bit with Shovel Knight on the Nintendo Switch. I'm roughly 3/4 of the way thru now.  Actually went back a couple weeks ago to play thru the Xbone version to unlock the Battletoads stages. haha. Always a great time!  Love this game!

Shovel Knight is a great game. I played it constantly until I beat it the first time,
but after that, I lost interest.

I just bought a Wii U again. I sold my first one because I didn’t want to pay $50 for used games. Now that the Switch is out, everything is much more reasonable. Plus, I paid far less for the console than I did last time.

The Wii U came with Super Mario 3D World. It’s not great. I’m a huge Mario fan, but this one feels like a step back from Galaxy 2 on the Wii. Mario Odyssey is amazing compared to 3D world, but it’s not so impressive next to Galaxy 2.

3D world is okay. It was fun enough to beat but yeah if you put it up against stuff like Galaxy 2 or even NSMB U it's not as good.

All Wii U games are $0 btw. I have an extensive iso collection myself.  :dance:

As for what I've been playing lately. Mana Khemia 2. I liked the first one, and this is even better. Not sure why I never got to this one bitd. I played the Iris series too, and just kind of absent mindedly skipped this and played the Arland series next instead. I have Shallie and never opened it, so I haven't bought any of the recent trilogy either. Just kinda meh on the new entries.

I got to chapter 7 last night. The alchemy system is simple and effective. You can't slack too hard on making stuff because making items is tied to making your characters stronger. However if you synth everything you can, the game is going to be pretty easy. I immediately synth everything I can after getting into the next chapter. Currently, I need to grind out some battles a bit for the points you get to make my characters stronger. Well, I don't have to but I've enjoyed being overpowered lol.

The combat system is pretty easily abused by high speed and any moves where you get time stamps for additional attacks.

Story is herpderp anime nonsense.

In terms of audio my only complaint is that the game only has on track for certain things. So for example the alchemy music WILL be burned into the fabric of your brain by the end.

Visually the character portraits are pretty nice anime style drawings. The dungeon graphics are pretty bad and water is comical. It's PS2 though and overall I really just don't care too much. I can't comment much on other technical aspects because I've had some load issues but it's because the PS2 I'm playing it on has a dodgy laser. I would think it's totally fine on a good PS2 or playing from an hdd but I haven't played that way.

Overall I would certainly recommend it for people that like JRPGs.

xelement5x

« Reply #3107 on: February 16, 2018, 02:46:32 AM »
I can't comment much on other technical aspects because I've had some load issues but it's because the PS2 I'm playing it on has a dodgy laser. I would think it's totally fine on a good PS2 or playing from an hdd but I haven't played that way.

It's funny you mention this part because I'm pretty sure this game is what killed the laser in my original phat PS2.  When I played through it a second time, I started having read issues as well so I just switched to HDLoader and had no issues. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #3108 on: February 16, 2018, 05:20:35 AM »
I can't comment much on other technical aspects because I've had some load issues but it's because the PS2 I'm playing it on has a dodgy laser. I would think it's totally fine on a good PS2 or playing from an hdd but I haven't played that way.

It's funny you mention this part because I'm pretty sure this game is what killed the laser in my original phat PS2.  When I played through it a second time, I started having read issues as well so I just switched to HDLoader and had no issues.

Heh, interesting. The PS2 I'm playing it on reads PS1 games only when it really feels like it so I know the laser is already going.

jtucci31

« Reply #3109 on: February 18, 2018, 10:59:22 AM »
Beat the Shadow of the Colossus remake on PS4. It was really great to play it all over again, even if it took me half the amount of time. Still great, still a little tough to control, still a wonderfully emotional game.

Been playing Night in the Woods and Stardew Valley on Switch. Also got Bayonetta 1&2 and Wonder Boy on Switch. I have a lot of games to get through in the next month or two.

Played some Castlevania Chronicles (X68K mode of course). Challenging but a lot of fun, and the best soundtrack (3 versions no less) in the entire series!!

I think I like it more than Super IV but less than Rondo and Bloodlines overall.
Yeah that soundtrack is soooo damn good, you're making me miss my x68k.

crazydean

« Reply #3110 on: February 18, 2018, 05:27:10 PM »
Beat the Shadow of the Colossus remake on PS4. It was really great to play it all over again, even if it took me half the amount of time. Still great, still a little tough to control, still a wonderfully emotional game.

I played through it on the PS3 last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. I'm a little disappointed that they didn't add anything new to the PS4 remaster. There were a lot of unused colossi that would have been cool to see, even if they had just added it as a bonus after you finish the game.

If you're interested in the unused colossi: http://teamico.wikia.com/wiki/Unused_Colossi
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

bartre

« Reply #3111 on: February 27, 2018, 12:49:07 PM »
I've been playing Star Wars the Force Unleashed.
it's.... got its flaws.

it's fun enough, but there's 2 major problems and a 3rd not as major problem

1 - stunlocks. holy hell, some single enemies can stunlock you if you're near a wall and get 3+ free hits,
this gets even worse on levels like felucia, which have lots of smaller enemies.

2 - Bosses. this should have been the highlight of the game, but it mostly breaks down into "spam the attack that they don't 100% block and run away when they attack"  There's so many times where a cool encounter broke down into "use your force lightning and run away until it recharges" or "x,x,x,b...x,x,xb...x,x,x,b..."

3 - (the minor problem) platforming.  it's not a bigger deal because there's not a whole lot of places where you can really fall to your death, but the definition of impassable slope is pretty vague in this game, and more than once the platforms you move with the force just made me slide right off them.

lukester

« Reply #3112 on: March 10, 2018, 01:25:09 AM »
RePlayed some Rayman Legends, VVVVVV and hotline Miami on my pc. All classic games!

Was thinking of replaying Postal 2 so I could pee on terrorists, I’ll save that for another day.

Digi.k

« Reply #3113 on: March 16, 2018, 02:10:25 PM »
I have an addiction and I can't break away from it...

It's called Monster Hunter World..

nectarsis

« Reply #3114 on: March 17, 2018, 02:52:43 AM »
I hate to admit it but I've been playing Call of Duty Declassified on the vita (gets a LOT more hate than it should)...also alternating between Final Fantasy 3 PSP (beats the DS version handily), and Dragons Curse TG-16.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 03:19:40 AM by nectarsis »
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

TheClash603

« Reply #3115 on: March 17, 2018, 05:41:33 AM »
My friends are not gamers.  The only time I get them to play is once a month or so when they come over, we will just play a lot of random shit I own.

With that said, they do all have Switches and for whatever reason got into Rocket League.  So now I am playing that, cause I feel like I need to in order to fit in.  Plus, it's actually not too bad for the $16 it cost on sale.

Digi.k

« Reply #3116 on: March 22, 2018, 06:28:13 PM »
Someone at Capcom who worked on Monster Hunter World wanted to share their love of an old pce game!

Gypsy

« Reply #3117 on: April 05, 2018, 11:52:44 AM »
Already over 40 hours into Pillars of Eternity.  :derpcat:

lukester

« Reply #3118 on: April 05, 2018, 05:54:12 PM »
Been replaying megaman games lately, my favorite nes games. Played through 4 yesterday and 5 today. Also played through 4 Minus Infinity, which is an outstanding remake/hack

crazydean

« Reply #3119 on: April 06, 2018, 05:40:01 PM »
Been replaying megaman games lately, my favorite nes games. Played through 4 yesterday and 5 today. Also played through 4 Minus Infinity, which is an outstanding remake/hack

I’ve had a tube from Mega Man X stuck in my head this week so I beat a few bosses tonight. It’s funny how difficult I found this game when I was young.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.