Author Topic: Your Daily Dose of Gaming.  (Read 63034 times)

akamichi

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2005, 12:12:43 AM »
Yeah, Apple II rox.  Your friend still get those ink ribbons for those old printers!?

Back on topic...

Recently been playing Kyuukyoku Tiger (Twin Cobra) on PSP.  I don't even play PSP games anymore, just the PCE emulator.

Also beat Crest of Wolf (Riot Zone) for the first time over the weekend.  I used the cheesy rapid punch technique to kill the final boss in like 5 seconds.  :lol:

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2005, 02:01:45 AM »
I've been trying to find a K-Tiger MP3 of the first stage music (Break a Leg

Played lots of SF3 3rd Strike on PS2 with a few guys after school last night. I got a 10 win streak with Yun. Even got that funny but obnoxious "A! A! A! A! AAAAA!!!" cheer that those Japanese fighting game crowds like to do when they see Yun's big combo or any juggling combo.

NeoFreak

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2005, 09:40:57 AM »
this is the last month or so:

[.] Coded Arms [PSP] [ignore every review you have read]

[.] Rondo of Blood

[.] Ys Book 1&2 [first time ever! f*cking virgin style!]

[.] Magician Lord [Neo]

[.] World Heroes 2 [Neo]

[.] Panzer Dragoon Zwei [Saturn]

[.] Phantom Dust [XBOX]

[.] Advent Rising [XBOX]

[.] Rise of the Kasai [PS2]

[.] Outbreak File #2 [PS2]

NEC n.(en•E•shee)

TR0N

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2005, 10:39:34 PM »
PS2
Capcom Classic Collection

Been trying to finsh Ghost'N Goblins it's driveing me crazy :x

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

AlexKidd

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2005, 10:50:30 PM »
I just got Shape Shifter and Forgotten worlds this week so i've been playing a lot of those. Shape Shifter is a really underrated game. A little too hard for my liking but still pretty unique and well done. Forgotten Worlds is great too, a big improvement on the genesis version. Just beat it today on easy, now i'll have to try out normal and hard. Excellent soundtrack as well.

akamichi

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 03:28:04 AM »
Just beat Bionic Commando.  Still an awesome game after all these years. :)

I can always remember the first time I beat the game.  I was at a friend's house and we played like all afternoon.  We were determined to beat it.  The coolest thing about it was during the ending sequence, there's a picture shown with a date on it.  That happened to be the exact date we beat it!  My friend was underwhelmed by the coincidence when I mentioned it.  However, for some reason it stuck with me, because to me, it seemed like it was me and my friend in that picture and not the characters from the game.

That had to be one of the most memorable gaming moments of my life all because of that date.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2005, 09:14:08 AM »
April 7, 1989.

Yeah I first learned to beat the game around that time too. I was like 7 years old in the first grade and Bionic Commando was my first really tough game that I mastered.

Played Gun.smoke (NES) last night. Almost got game rage on the final battle with Wingate. It's his goons distracting me to death.

esteban

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 09:51:10 AM »
Quote from: "akamichi"
Yeah, Apple II rox.  Your friend still get those ink ribbons for those old printers!?
Believe or not, yes! As late as 2000 (probably to this day), many places were still using dot matrix printers (i.e. older pharmacies, video rental places, etc.) so you can still buy supplies. Granted,it's a limited selection (I don't know if you can get color)... we used to work at a pharmacy and he would "borrow" office supplies...

He recently told me that I could probably still get some printer ribbon for my old DAISYWHEEL printer (attached to an old Brother word processor).  Here's how cutting-edge Daisywheel technology works:  Say you have a few words in a letter that you have italicized. To type in italics, the printer would pause, then you'd have to manually switch the typewriter head thingie, press a button for printing to resume and it would type out the italic words, then it would pause again, waiting for you to swap the typewriter head thingie again. Even if you didn't have fancy font effects, it would take a long time to print a page. A LONG TIME :)

--------------
Anyway, I've been playing some famicom games:

Balloon Fight (famicom) -- I never get sick of this game. it's been my "wind down and relax / relieve stress" game for many, many months now.

Joust (2600) -- ditto. nice relaxing game when you get into a groove.

that's it...
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 06:46:59 PM »
I recently bought a PC-FX plus five games off of ElSeven, so I have been enjoying that for the past few nights.

Battle Heat - Very awesome idea for a game and now I am getting the hang of the controls and enjoying it much more now. It's really incredible.

Team Innocent - Wasn't impressed at first really mainly because the controls were hard to get used to, but after getting used to them I enjoy the game much more now and it has great atmosphere. Most people won't agree with me here, but I love the graphic style myself! I think it's going to be the style I use for a game I have in mind to make for the PC-FX.

Yuna FX - I haven't played much of this game, but the previous owner of the PC-FX appearently played quite a lot of it and unlucked all of the mini games, so I played with those which were a nice addition to the game. The story mode of the game seems cool too, but I probably won't try playing through this game in awhile. Oh yeah and the omake mode was pretty nice; better than I thought!

Der Langrisser FX - Haven't played much of it, but seems to be a pretty decent strategy game in with a style mixed between Millitary Madness and Shining Force, which I both enjoy. I'll play more of this game some other time, but if I ever get Farland Story FX, I'll probably be playing that one more since it's more linear. (The PC-98 ones are great)

Last Imperial Prince - Ahh, this game is excellent! I love platform RPGs, but this one is a little different. It's not so platformer-ish when it comes to the battles; instead the battles are kind of turn-based in a way but still play like a platformer. Also the graphics are very nice with tons of color and awesome parallax. I love it, and I can seem to understand the story well even without speaking a lick of Japanese-a!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

khyrox

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2005, 04:06:32 AM »
I've been on a (mostly) fighting game tear the past 4 weeks... picked up:

Street Fighter Alpha 2 (SNES)
Street Fighter Zero 3 (Saturn)
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter (Saturn)
Eternal Champions (SegaCD) (finally got around to getting it... haha)
D-Xhird (Saturn)
Dead or Alive Ultimate (XBox)
KOF 2002 + 2003 (XBox)
SNK vs Capcom (XBox)
Capcom vs SNK 2 EO (XBox)
Capcom Fighting Evolution (PS2)

Shinobi Legions (Saturn)
Metal Slug 3 + 4 (XBox)
Shining Force Neo (PS2)
Digital Devil Saga 2 (PS2)
Trizeal (Dreamcast)
Capcom Classics (PS2)

Winter Heat (Saturn)
Virtua Tennis (PSP)
NBA 2K6 (XBox)

Now, my problem is finding the time to play everything!!!!!  :shock:

khyrox

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2005, 03:15:13 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
I recently bought a PC-FX plus five games off of ElSeven, so I have been enjoying that for the past few nights.
quote]

Congrats on the PC-FX!  :D

Keranu

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2005, 01:34:56 PM »
Thanks!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2005, 03:14:23 PM »
Finally finsh Ghost'NGoblins :D  on CCC playing Legendary Wings now.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 07:10:36 PM »
Been putting in hours on Art of Fighting and Last Blade 2 and Magican Lord MVS.
Prob hit OutRun here in a bit on my Genesis.

TR0N

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 11:23:14 PM »
Went back to my NeoGeo again.

Any ways been playing these two games.

Aero Fighters 2
Samurai Shodown 2

I'll probably take out the, SS2 once, Bust a Move gets here :wink: