Author Topic: Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )  (Read 131090 times)

geise

Re: Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2010, 06:39:09 AM »
Well...there goes my work reading material.   :|  God he's such a f*cking dick!

blueraven

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 07:01:21 AM »
Thanks guys, I'm glad we live in the information age.

I'm not a big fan of the cover-up/denial thing. Goes against my morals. Admit what you've done, be judged by your words and your actions, move on.

google is your friend.

Thanks, B&B.  Link added to the first post for everyone's reading pleasure.

Should we snag it and post it in an archive just in case Google removes it from their cache?

Done and done.  A pdf is available in the first post.

Ok so.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-Engine-CONTROLLER-PCE-NEC-HE-SYSTEM-JAPAN-/140432067454?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item20b2674b7e

These controllers aren't worth more than $12 shipped in NEW condition. And the Orange ones aren't worth more than $13 shipped.

[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

BlackandBlue

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2010, 07:04:04 AM »
Ok so.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-Engine-CONTROLLER-PCE-NEC-HE-SYSTEM-JAPAN-/140432067454?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item20b2674b7e

These controllers aren't worth more than $12 shipped in NEW condition. And the Orange ones aren't worth more than $13 shipped.

But they are so JDM!  (sorry, hanging around the car forums too much)  I think I got a Core system with a controller for that price.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

SignOfZeta

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2010, 09:27:04 AM »
$12 shipped seems kind of low. $40 shipped is obviously too high. I admit I haven't bought any controllers recently though.

Either way, this is small stuff compared to $300 TG-16s, etc.

I think I better buy a PC Engine LT soon...before the market for the hugely overpriced low end crap catches up with the expensive and legitimately rare stuff and we are looking at $10,000 LTs. In all honesty, if Bonk 3, f*cking BONK 3 is worth $150 or whatever to these people then a $650 LT looks like a real bargain. How long will it stay this way?

Dang. I really don't want to spend that much money on a third PC Engine system, but it may be now or never.

Roy The Sunderer

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 10:30:02 AM »
This stuff is insane. I picked a really bad time to get back into TG-16. It's getting to the point where it's hard to find even the common games at reasonable prices. When exactly did this trend start?
Geico saved 15% by switching to Chuck Norris.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2010, 10:51:47 AM »
Well, Magical Chase was $100 about 10 years ago. Games like Dungeon Explorer II and Godzilla were aways worth MSRP or more. Things started to get really stupid...not that long ago, really. Maybe 4-5 years ago? They got hella stupid just in the last two years.

While its a bad time to just start on TG-16, there has never been a better time for PC Engine. What the more frugal minded people do is buy all PC Engine stuff except for the dozen or so US games that have a lot text in them. There is zero point whatsoever in having a censored, case-less, US Bonk 3 HuCard for four times the price of a JP one, but you will always want a US version of Ys 1&2, Y's III, Neutopia 1 and 2, Dungeon Explorer 1 and 2, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Dragon Slayer...I'm forgetting a few here. It Came From the Desert...not much else. Most (all?) of the US exclusives, Darkwing Duck, Madden, can just be skipped totally. A US Ninja Spirit is (was?) cheaper than the JP version a lot of the times, so you might want a US version of that too.

All the shooters, the platformers, China Warrior, etc, just get JP versions. A large number of the best games didn't come out in the US at all. Ys IV, half the shooters, the entire Arcade Card library, and virtually all of the fighters, are JP only.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 06:43:26 PM »
This stuff is insane. I picked a really bad time to get back into TG-16. It's getting to the point where it's hard to find even the common games at reasonable prices. When exactly did this trend start?

it started when people like roy got greedy and wanted to go all lolbay.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Rockabilly Paradise

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 08:59:29 PM »

actually it never started... common games are still very cheap on ebay.

blueraven

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 09:15:31 PM »
I was paying $7 Per controller plus shipping until the first bout of gouging last year. From hit-japan, risingstuff, and on yahoo JP consistantly.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

lord_cack

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 11:44:05 PM »

actually it never started... common games are still very cheap on ebay.

Yeah but who needs that many Mahjong games....
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

BlueBMW

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 12:21:10 AM »
I had a ton of TG stuff back in 2003 or so.  When I sold all my stuff in 2005 to buy a house I didn't realize how much I'd regret it all later.  Just this year I've been trying to rebuild my TG collection.   Its unreal how much this stuff has  blown up in cost.  I'm just lucky I found a broken Duo I was able to repair.  That saved some cash.  But some of these games have gone absolutely nuts.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

geise

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 02:37:48 AM »
It sure as hell has!  The sad thing is that the expensive games are probably being bought by reseller after reseller after reseller.  With every time it's purchased it's going back up for sale at a higher price, to make a profit off of an already gouged price. 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 03:21:59 AM »
Well, Magical Chase was $100 about 10 years ago. Games like Dungeon Explorer II and Godzilla were always worth MSRP or more. Things started to get really stupid...not that long ago, really. Maybe 4-5 years ago? They got hella stupid just in the last two years.

While its a bad time to just start on TG-16, there has never been a better time for PC Engine. What the more frugal minded people do is buy all PC Engine stuff except for the dozen or so US games that have a lot text in them. There is zero point whatsoever in having a censored, case-less, US Bonk 3 HuCard for four times the price of a JP one, but you will always want a US version of Ys 1&2, Y's III, Neutopia 1 and 2, Dungeon Explorer 1 and 2, Cosmic Fantasy 2, Dragon Slayer...I'm forgetting a few here. It Came From the Desert...not much else. Most (all?) of the US exclusives, Darkwing Duck, Madden, can just be skipped totally. A US Ninja Spirit is (was?) cheaper than the JP version a lot of the times, so you might want a US version of that too.

What he said.  There are only a few US titles that sell for big bucks, and only Dungeon Explorer II, Might & Magic III, and Beyond Shadowgate (which is US only anyway) are needed for the translations; hell, Godzilla and Exile: Wicked Phenomenon were maimed in translation and consequently better in PCE form, and the rest of 'em play the same regardless of region.  If one does want the US titles, with patience the bulk of the library can be had cheap (less than $20 per title, especially when buying in bulk).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Roy The Sunderer

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 04:32:28 AM »
If one does want the US titles, with patience the bulk of the library can be had cheap (less than $20 per title, especially when buying in bulk).

Very true. This is how I've managed to get most of my TG-16 games. The games I keep for my collection end up costing less on average and I have no problem trading/selling the extras. Trying to snag individual, more uncommon games for decent prices can still be tricky.
Geico saved 15% by switching to Chuck Norris.

chany60126

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 04:42:26 AM »
If one does want the US titles, with patience the bulk of the library can be had cheap (less than $20 per title, especially when buying in bulk).

Very true. This is how I've managed to get most of my TG-16 games. The games I keep for my collection end up costing less on average and I have no problem trading/selling the extras. Trying to snag individual, more uncommon games for decent prices can still be tricky.

Good prices can also be had at gaming conventions. I was able to snag some rare games like Bonk 3 CD and Neutopia II at prices well below market value at the last Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee.
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.