Author Topic: Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )  (Read 132297 times)

77FordTruckMan

Re: Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 04:43:19 PM »

Turbo Express w/ all the trimmings $1200  http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-NEC-TURBO-GRAFX-16-EXPRESS-SYSTEM-W-TV-MORE-RARE-/320556245071?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Video_Games&hash=item4aa2a4204f  Has awesome Bonk video though not displaying on the actual Express screen... LOL

I just wanted to point out, that you can get a new one here for $300 or so it appears http://www.playerschoicevideogames.com/pd_turbo_grafx.cfm 

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2010, 05:26:05 AM »
Not gouging persay but: $3500 Akiyama Jin

WONDER TWIN SALE POWERS  :lol: :lol:

Man, that's crazy.  You gotta love the $4 shipping (maybe insurance is free in France or he's absorbing the cost, but if that's the case, why not absorb the $4 too?), plus the option of paying by bank wire transfer practically screams SCAM!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

blueraven

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 08:58:30 AM »
That's a god-awful amount for one game...

What're the statistics on production for teh Math simulator?

Not gouging persay but:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AKIYAMAJIN-NO-SUUGAKU-MYSTERY-PC-ENGINE-CD-JAPAN-IMPORT-/320574253487?pt=Video_Games_Games

WONDER TWIN SALE POWERS  :lol: :lol:

:lol:
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2010, 04:20:38 AM »
It's not on eBay, but it's definitely an attempt at gouging: clicky.  I've seen 'em both go on eBay for less than the bullshit prices he's quoting, not to mention he's padding his profit by saving eBay's fees ($15 or so on $100).  [-(

nat

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 02:34:40 PM »
Haha, I bought Bomberman '93 (US ver) complete in box from D-Lite for $35.

JapanTokei

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2010, 02:04:52 AM »
Not in Gauging territory, but it seems the Bonk3 non-for sale special PC Engine Huey are goign higher and higher.

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w53643720

still 5 mins left and closing in on >17000 yen.  That is $200 and counting... .makes me glad to have snagged mine for 12000 yen a few months back..

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2010, 06:58:31 AM »
This one is self-inflicted gouging: $171.60 for twelve empty boxes (Air Zonk, Alien Crush, Blazing Lazers, Bloody Wolf, Bomberman, Cadash, Final Zone II, Last Alert, Neutopia II, Ninja Spirit, Silent Debuggers, and Valis II).  That works out to $14.30 apiece for f*cking cardboard!

Colossus1574

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2010, 05:31:38 PM »
This one is self-inflicted gouging: $171.60 for twelve empty boxes (Air Zonk, Alien Crush, Blazing Lazers, Bloody Wolf, Bomberman, Cadash, Final Zone II, Last Alert, Neutopia II, Ninja Spirit, Silent Debuggers, and Valis II).  That works out to $14.30 apiece for f*cking cardboard!

That's pretty insane what the final price came too...i'm not accusing the bidder of helping the seller boost the price...but serously???  1st bid at 70BUCKS??!?!?!?!? hahaa, man....

henrycsc

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 02:00:59 AM »
The boxes got relisted becasue the first buyer backed out after they realized games weren't included.  I saw the listing before any bids were on it, so I emailed and offered the guy $40 because the boxes would help me complete some of my copies.  Never dealt with the seller before... this was the response I got, enjoy the laugh:

"Dear henrycsc,

Yeah I had to relist them cause the lame ass f*cking flake of a loser winning bidder "vgcollector2002" doesnt know how to read a f*cking description and assumed it was games as well as the boxes, so needless to say he changed his mind and bluntly told me he has no intention of paying. As for your offer, I am gonna politely decline, thanks though, I prefer to let them run their course and hope for an actual bidder who has common sense and will read the description as well as pay as intended since by bidding it is a binding contract. I also sent out a second chance offer to the 2nd highest bidder which was at $167ish and he seemed to have a real genuine interest. I need $171.69 to pay a bill, so im really just hoping the 2nd highest bidder will just accept 2nd chance offer and then i can end this listing. So unfortunately $40 is to low and wont get me close to paying my citi financial bill. Sorry, thanks for asking though! I do appreciate you asking!

- gekiohshootingking"
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

jperryss

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 02:50:22 AM »
I don't blame him, I'm sure he expects to pull in $100+ if he lets the auction run.

I will say he was fairly nice in his response to you, not the typical "Screw you I'm gonna get a bajillion monies for these!"

henrycsc

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2010, 10:54:35 AM »
Yeah, just kinda silly to respond like he did at all - a simple "No" would have sufficed.  Mighta chased away a potential customer - I didn't bid.  Obviously the mysterious second bidder didn't pay up either.

Plus, judging from the condition they appeared in the pics, they weren't worth much more than what I offered - but with the crazy ebay world - who knows.

Anyhow, money in hand is better than promised money that never arrives.

Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

RoyVegas

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2010, 11:35:07 AM »
Yeah, just kinda silly to respond like he did at all - a simple "No" would have sufficed.

That seller is actually a member on this forum.  Have you considered that maybe he answered you that way because he noticed your name and were a member here?  That's what I'd put my money on.

The guys got a bill to pay and is getting rid of some stuff to help cover it (according to him).  He didn't gouge, he let it run a full auction.  $3.33 a box for boxes like Air Zonk, Neutopia II, Cadash and Bomberman?  Those 4 alone are worth more than your $40 offer. Some people may disagree with that statement, but those are also the people who don't tend to collect boxes (which most people here don't).  Personally I think your offer of $40 was to low also and I can't blame him for saying no.
All is well. :)

JapanTokei

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2010, 03:09:02 AM »
Wow!  Roy is back!  Roy, those aren't your boxes, aren't they?

I found this to be astonishing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320574352617&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

122 games for $1600+.  only goodies were DracX, MizuKids, Coryoon, Nexar, Rainbow Islands.  damn.

Yeah, just kinda silly to respond like he did at all - a simple "No" would have sufficed.

That seller is actually a member on this forum.  Have you considered that maybe he answered you that way because he noticed your name and were a member here?  That's what I'd put my money on.

The guys got a bill to pay and is getting rid of some stuff to help cover it (according to him).  He didn't gouge, he let it run a full auction.  $3.33 a box for boxes like Air Zonk, Neutopia II, Cadash and Bomberman?  Those 4 alone are worth more than your $40 offer. Some people may disagree with that statement, but those are also the people who don't tend to collect boxes (which most people here don't).  Personally I think your offer of $40 was to low also and I can't blame him for saying no.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 03:19:31 AM »
122 games for $1600+.  only goodies were DracX, MizuKids, Coryoon, Nexar, Rainbow Islands.  damn.

$13.77 per game is a bit high for a big lot, but at least the bundle isn't bloated with digital comics, dating sims, and sports titles.