Author Topic: ANIME, EWWW.  (Read 1395 times)

FM-77

Re: ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2005, 11:42:43 PM »
Quote from: "Blasta_Mazta"
i abslolutely hate ANIME.

I love you so much!  :lol:

Michael Helgeson

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »
Ghost in the Shell,Golgo 13,Armatage,Kishen Corps,Detanator Orgun,Akira,Galaxy Express,and many others out there are great.You just have to look around.The best anime was on LD.The laserdisc scene seemed to avoid most of crap anime on the US side of things.

Keranu

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2005, 05:40:44 PM »
I actually do enjoy Akira and Galaxy Express. I don't even know why I liked Galaxy Express so much, but it had great atmosphere.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2005, 07:10:21 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
I actually do enjoy Akira and Galaxy Express. I don't even know why I liked Galaxy Express so much, but it had great atmosphere.
Galaxy Express rules. it used to be on UHF tv out here in southern california.
  |    | 

Ninja Spirit

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2005, 06:25:02 AM »
Quote from: "stevek666"
Grave of the fireflies (1988). See it.

Dude, I remember watching that with a few of my friends. It made several of them actually cry. Since my dad's into history, (he watches the History Channel alot), he might actually enjoy this one.

------------------------

Anyone aware of the rampant hate toward "4kids"?

I know alot of people rant about them a whole lot and they might a few "get a life" here and there, but according to an interview I saw with the 4kids CEO Al Khan, I kinda have to hate them from a ethical standpoint.

By the time we localize the programs kids don’t even know they’re from Japan any more

That's very f*cking cold IMO. That's almost like taking someone's creation someone made, altering it off completely, and hogging the credit for yourself.

They're practically robbing kids' opportunities to broaden their horizons with some cultural exposure.

esteban

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2005, 08:20:05 PM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
Quote from: "stevek666"
Grave of the fireflies (1988). See it.

Dude, I remember watching that with a few of my friends. It made several of them actually cry. Since my dad's into history, (he watches the History Channel alot), he might actually enjoy this one.

My friends were kinda upset with me after we watched it. We were all kinda bummed for the rest of the evening. The fact that it had this emotional impact on all of us, IMO, is the sign of a truly fine film.

Anyone aware of the rampant hate toward "4kids"?

I know alot of people rant about them a whole lot and they might a few "get a life" here and there, but according to an interview I saw with the 4kids CEO Al Khan, I kinda have to hate them from a ethical standpoint.
No, I haven't heard about this. I am curious though.
  |    | 

TR0N

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2005, 11:55:36 PM »
I'm not basis towards to japan or american cartoons.

Heck i watch both sooooo :P Beside both have there strength and weakness :wink:

Btw i've look at what the, pc-engine fx has for games can't say.. i'm interested in it's selection.

To many digital comic games if you ask me.

No offense to any, PCFX owners on here but i'm more of a, PCE&Super Grafx fan :wink: I just find more variety on those systems.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Dark Fact

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2006, 09:04:09 AM »
I really don't see any reason to hate anime considering that some of the stuff that's made is better than some crap that's on TV nowadays.

But if you anime haters really want to be stingy about it, I have one suggestion for you: Cowboy Bebop.  See it.  See ALL of it, including the movie.  This is a show even non-anime fans can enjoy.

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Keranu

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »
I am not an anime fan really and I have watched many Cowboy Bebop episodes (my bro has them all on DVD) and Cowboy Bebop was a anime that I didn't really like even when I did use to watch anime, surprisingly  :? . I was more into Evangelion back then and Akira was like my favorite, which is still something I can admit today is great.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Dark Fact

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2006, 11:06:48 AM »
I am not an anime fan really and I have watched many Cowboy Bebop episodes (my bro has them all on DVD) and Cowboy Bebop was a anime that I didn't really like even when I did use to watch anime, surprisingly  . I was more into Evangelion back then and Akira was like my favorite, which is still something I can admit today is great.

You see? Not all anime is bad.  It's just that some shows tend to have much poorer writing and production than others.

And believe me, I've seen plenty of bad anime in my day.

And your avatar looks like the guy Kenshiro from "Fist of the North Star" keeps killing by blowing his head off with his fingers-in-the-brain technique. :D

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Ninja Spirit

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2006, 10:38:04 AM »
Anyone know people who let anime take over their lives? Oh man I knew quite a couple. Gave them the delusional idea that Japan is a "happy magical utopia" as depicted in most animes. No joke.

GUTS

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2006, 01:04:57 PM »
^^ That's like 1/3 of the people on the internet!

Ninja Spirit

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2006, 01:10:55 PM »
LOL What really irritates me is when they mix Japanese words they learn from anime in their English vocabulary.

"shut up you baka!"

"that cat is kawaii"

"ohhh that game is sooo sugoi"

embarassing.

Keranu

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2006, 03:57:10 PM »
I hate it when people do that.

I'm going to give that woman some pai-zuri.

Dark Fact

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2006, 02:29:33 AM »
Anyone know people who let anime take over their lives? Oh man I knew quite a couple. Gave them the delusional idea that Japan is a "happy magical utopia" as depicted in most animes. No joke.

As someone who attends a couple of anime clubs weekly, I say I know plenty.  But the majority of them are just high school students.  At one time, even I felt that way about Japan being this "land of gold" with stylish technology, awesome food, and friendly locals, but then a few years later, I matured and found out it's just like any other asian country with the same people living their lives just like you and me.

Sooner or later, those high school students in the anime club will grow out of their "japanophile" syndrome (hopefully) and see that Japan isn't all what it is cracked up to be.

LOL What really irritates me is when they mix Japanese words they learn from anime in their English vocabulary.

"shut up you baka!"

"that cat is kawaii"

"ohhh that game is sooo sugoi"

embarassing.

In the anime club, all the freakin' time. :?  The girls can't stop lusting over how hot Inuyasha is! :lol:  They're lusting over how hot a "cartoon" is! Christ! :roll:

If they really want to learn japanese, they should just go take some language courses.  Languages aren't made to be mixed. :roll:

However, I sometimes do use a couple of words from time to time in my vocabulary like "kuso" and "shimata" but that's only reserved for places where I can't swear (in english of course :wink: )