Author Topic: ANIME, EWWW.  (Read 1394 times)

PC Gaijin

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2006, 02:54:59 AM »
You have not experienced embarrassment for humanity until you have gone to an anime convention. A-kon 1994 in Dallas, Texas was my first and last anime con. The cosplay I saw there....<BRANDO>The horror...the horror...</BRANDO>. Anyway, at least I got to meet Monkey Punch for all my troubles. :)

Dark Fact

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2006, 03:41:30 PM »
You got to meet Monkey Punch? :shock:

You should've asked him to draw you a nude sketch of Fujiko! :D

And I know exactly what you mean by the convention attendees.  They're some of the creepiest around.  Guys who don't bathe, girls who always talk about which bishounen is more sexier.  

Telling them all to get a life would be a serious understatement. :!:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Ninja Spirit

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2006, 04:48:29 AM »
Heh I go to cons myself, but my reason would be the dealer's room to add stuff to my import game collection, and the colossal gaming room with acres of TV's and consoles.

I attempted cosplay once.....didn't look right since I'm a brotha.

esteban

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2006, 06:20:43 PM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
I attempted cosplay once.....didn't look right since I'm a brotha.
hahahahhahaa. Since "not looking right" at cosplay is a good thing, I wouldn't be too upset :). It's awesome that you admitted to it, though. I had bookmarked a site of a cosplayer I totally loved (I found her site randomly -- I'm serious!). She had pictures of her making the outfits she created and had commentary (step by step). Awesome. The FELT and HOT GLUE GUN industry must really love the extra sales racked up by the cosplayers.
  |    | 

nodtveidt

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2006, 03:26:12 PM »

Dark Fact

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2006, 07:22:20 AM »
All hail foamy as your undisupted leader!  :clap:

And I agree about going to cons for the dealer rooms.  That's the ONLY worthwhile thing about going to cons.  Just to get the neat stuff...and Pocky! :)

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Ninja Spirit

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2006, 10:35:51 AM »
Speaking of cosplay I do have to make an exception, If I ever go to another con again, I think I'll cosplay as Doc and another guy as Little Mac and ride a bike outside the convention center with a stereo blasting

Bike............N**** stole my bike.........N**** stole my bike

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
funny
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2006, 02:48:28 AM »
Hella funny foamy flick dude.

I go to GenCon Indy evey year and the Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwuakee Wi.

GenCon has some killer Cosplay going on, The only thing I ever dress up as is some midievil dude.  Most likely a peasant.

Love renaissance themes.

Turbo_Sage

Dark Fact

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2006, 08:58:20 AM »
Here's a great idea for cosplay: the ninja golfer! :D