Author Topic: ANIME, EWWW.  (Read 1393 times)

Blasta_Mazta

ANIME, EWWW.
« on: August 26, 2005, 01:33:45 PM »
it's ashame the pc-fx never was released in the us. i was looking at the section of the website which showed the system and its games and every single game seemed to have anime charactors. i guess anime is huge in japan and their are people in the u.s. who also like it, but i definately prefer the types of games which were on the turbo grafx. i abslolutely hate ANIME.

however, the system(i got my first look at it) looked phlavas. i always assumed, however, their were great games for it, like turbo grafx, but i didn't see one. doesn't every system released in japan plan to eventually release in the u.s.? they no intention of bringing that thing over here, which is really sad. not even a bomber man.

now, if i've gotten names screwed up, lemme know.

Keranu

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 04:30:03 AM »
Yes I agree, anime sucks. I can't really help on recomending PC-FX games for you since I've only played one, but I'm sure you would probably enjoy a game like Battle Heat, Chip Chan Kick, or Zenki, even though I haven't played them myself. Someone else like Aaron could probably help you here much better.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

lord_cack

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 04:41:25 AM »
I don't have a PC-FX but I would say that there look like there are more than a few good RPG's for it, if you don't mind the language barrier. Also that shooter for it looks amazing...can't recall the name. It is a fantastic looking machine however and it could have done more but again...poor marketing decisions.
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

nodtveidt

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 08:15:52 AM »
Who knows...there may be some new games for the PC-FX sometime soon...in English...you never know......

KingDrool

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2005, 06:54:49 AM »
Is that a subtle hint?
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

nodtveidt

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 09:49:33 AM »
How did you...err I mean...I have no idea what you're talking about...

Emerald Rocker

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2005, 04:43:55 PM »
Those are some, uh, interesting recommendations for an anime hater, Keranu.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Keranu

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005, 11:38:42 AM »
I know, but they are always the top recommended games for the systems and just because a game has anime in it doesn't mean I won't enjoy it :P .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Emerald Rocker

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 01:06:47 PM »
The best I've played (so far) are Pia Carrot, Chip Chan Kick, and First Kiss Story.  There are still a bunch I'm itching to try out, but those three would be top tier on any system... except that the ports on other systems of Pia and FKS aren't nearly as good.  Go figure!

Zenki is fun but short and has really sloppy controls.  I don't get why people love Battle Heat at all... that game seems virtually unplayable to me.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Ninja Spirit

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 08:33:00 AM »
whats wrong with anime period? I'm not too big of a fan of it either, but it's aight in my book.

Ninja Spirit

Re: ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 08:37:05 AM »
Quote from: "Blasta_Mazta"
i guess anime is huge in japan

guess? That's where it came from in the first place.

Keranu

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 09:23:56 AM »
Haha, yeah I was thinking that when I first read that post as well.

SNKNostalgia

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 11:24:32 PM »
I don't see why many people hate anime. Yes, a lot of animes copy eachother, no doubt. Many people complain about the big eyes and silly humor. There are some that are very good though. Its nothing more than another medium for an art form. I say check some of these movies or series out that are more signatured so to speak.

Princess Monoke
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust ( the newer movie)
Beserker Guts Rage
Cowboy Bebop on DVD, (Cartoon network doesn't do enough justice for me.)
Armitage the third and Duel Matrix
Ninja Scroll
Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal

In games I really don't mind seeing it. Lets face it, most PCEngine games have anime in them. It gives more of a cinematic experience. Take this away and the games would lack depth in the stories maybe. Who knows. Imagine the Valis games without it. Remember the SNES and Genesis version?

Also, imgagine Ninja Gaiden for the NES without the cinematic anime scenes, even though its digital comic style and not FMV or stills with voices.

sunteam_paul

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2005, 04:35:43 AM »
I wish people would realise that anime (and manga) are not 'genres', just 'mediums' in which to tell a story. It's just the type of anime that gets imported into the west is all very similar. Go watch some Studio Ghibli.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

GUTS

ANIME, EWWW.
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2005, 07:29:57 AM »
Yeah I've shown Berserk to a few friends who HATE anime but they ended up loving Berserk and watching all 26 episodes (and of course they were pissed off at the end, "What?!Tthat's it?!  Aren't they going to make more?!!").  Personally I hate about 90% of the anime that comes out, but finding gems like Future Boy Conana and Peace Maker Kurogane keep me interested in anime as a whole.