Author Topic: Capcom Classics Collection  (Read 3328 times)

TR0N

Capcom Classics Collection
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 03:36:20 PM »
Quote from: "MotherGunner"
They just announced the PSP Version,  most notably will contain Sidearms!

Well screw crapcom then i'm not shelling out $ to get a psp for that.

I'll just stick with the PCE version insted of Sidearms.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MotherGunner

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 03:43:11 PM »
I don't know, maybe I'll just buy the game and hold on to it until the PSP are really cheap.  

In the meantime, I get some on Sidearms Special, when I finally get one.  I still have the Hucard in the meantime.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2005, 07:20:06 PM »
Well I just got the Capcom Classics for PS2. I have to say this is a must buy either way you look at it. There is more than you can imagine packed into this for a cheap price. Forgotten Worlds owns on the arcade version of this, man its way too fun (easy control, you can use both Analogs for this game). Also the Ghouls n Ghost arcade blows away all other ports as well.

You get remixed music as an option for some games. It isn't quite CD audio but at a better MIDI quality of some sort on most games. Also you can change screen sizes, set the challenge levels and points for extra lives, as well as controls. There are art sketches, lots of information on the games creation and also character info that is silly. The only thing that makes me mad is some of the extra games that you wish were on it are only on the PSP version comming soon (Like Strider, and some other good CPS1 titles) . I hope they make a collection 2 for PS2 soon.

akamichi

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2005, 07:53:29 PM »
I haven't seen Capcom Classics yet, but nowadays I ain't satisfied with any of these retro compilations because you get like 5 games for $50 and most of the time you only want one of them.

Capcom and others like them need to take a look at Taito with their Taito Memories collection.  Two volumes with 25 games each for $45/ea.  So that  comes out to less than $2 per game.  

Sure, there's some duds in there, but then again, you get G-Darius, RayStorm, Bubble Bobble, Legend of Kage, Rastan, the original Space Invaders etc for ~$2.  Can't beat that. :)

Only minor disappointment I have is that Tatsujin 1 or 2 aren't in any of the volumes.  There's probably other games I would have liked to have, but I'm very satisfied with both volumes.

To all the big companies (minus Taito) who do retro compilations, you need a minimum of 20 (unique) games on there for ~$50 max!

GUTS

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2005, 08:53:55 PM »
Capcom has over 20 games and it's only $20.  Capcom rules.

akamichi

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2005, 09:06:43 PM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
Capcom has over 20 games and it's only $20.  Capcom rules.

Doh!  I stand corrected. :)

I'll have to check that one out.

KingDrool

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2005, 05:52:33 AM »

I haven't heard that.  Do you have a link to the news?  That'd be awesome.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

TR0N

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2005, 07:37:56 AM »
Quote from: "akamichi"
I haven't seen Capcom Classics yet, but nowadays I ain't satisfied with any of these retro compilations because you get like 5 games for $50 and most of the time you only want one of them.

Capcom and others like them need to take a look at Taito with their Taito Memories collection.  Two volumes with 25 games each for $45/ea.  So that  comes out to less than $2 per game.  

Sure, there's some duds in there, but then again, you get G-Darius, RayStorm, Bubble Bobble, Legend of Kage, Rastan, the original Space Invaders etc for ~$2.  Can't beat that. :)

Only minor disappointment I have is that Tatsujin 1 or 2 aren't in any of the volumes.  There's probably other games I would have liked to have, but I'm very satisfied with both volumes.

To all the big companies (minus Taito) who do retro compilations, you need a minimum of 20 (unique) games on there for ~$50 max!

Now i wouldn't say that thanks to SOA, we will have a few games drop on Taito Legends collection :evil:

As for why who knows again u.s gamers get screwed.

GUTS

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2005, 08:23:38 AM »
I have the Taito Legends by Sega and I can say that you don't need to worry about being shafted. While t doesn't have the later games like Raystorm and Elevator Action Returns,  it does have some BADASS games that weren't on the Japanese releases (all the light gun games and Thunderfox).  I'm more than happy with it, I hope it sells well enough that we see a volume 2.

MotherGunner

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2005, 11:21:57 AM »
Quote from: "jlued686"

I haven't heard that.  Do you have a link to the news?  That'd be awesome.

Yeah its in the latest issue of Game Informer Magazine, found at Barnes and Noble or Gamestop.

Check it out.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

TR0N

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2005, 09:11:18 AM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
I have the Taito Legends by Sega and I can say that you don't need to worry about being shafted. While t doesn't have the later games like Raystorm and Elevator Action Returns,  it does have some BADASS games that weren't on the Japanese releases (all the light gun games and Thunderfox).  I'm more than happy with it, I hope it sells well enough that we see a volume 2.

Cool still boggles the mind when... some games are drop from a collection.

I just hope if vol2 get's release here it will have, cadash on it still.

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2005, 11:05:59 AM »
Quote from: "Tron"

Cool still boggles the mind when... some games are drop from a collection.

I just hope if vol2 get's release here it will have, cadash on it still.

Yeah Cadash for arcade would be nice to play. Still the TG16 version is the best out of the 3 versions. Genesis version is pretty poopy.

Yeah I forgot to mention it was $20 for the Capcom Collections. You can't beat a price like that for what you get in the game. I am just glad to have an arcade perfect copy of Final Fight for a console now. I have all versions of Final Fight for other ports. Sega CD (best port ever, does have a lack of color and details compared to the SNES version but the CD audio, all demos, voices, all stages, 3 characters and 2 player makes up for it 10x.) GBA one is nice, SNES is ok for 1990 even though it was missing a lot.

*There are some funny details with the girls on the different versions. SNES and GBA ones they are replaced by these gay dudes. So the message from Nintendo was it's not ok to beat up girls but its ok to go gay bashing :? . Another thing is the girls low-cut shirts don't rise up on the Sega CD version when punching them but in the arcade of course its all there.*

TJ

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2005, 05:30:48 PM »
Quote from: "SNKNostalgia"

*There are some funny details with the girls on the different versions. SNES and GBA ones they are replaced by these gay dudes. So the message from Nintendo was it's not ok to beat up girls but its ok to go gay bashing :? . Another thing is the girls low-cut shirts don't rise up on the Sega CD version when punching them but in the arcade of course its all there.*

The other thing I noticed in both the GBA version and even the Capcom Classics "arcade perfect" version is that in the intro, when the leader of the Mad Gear gang tells Mike Haggar to turn on the TV, it doesn't show Jessica tied up in the chair. It just shows the Mad Gear guy, even though they left the sound effect of Jessica squealing intact. Even the SNES version had the shot of her tied up, although I think her clothing was changed from a bra to a bustier or a tube top or some damn thing. I guess the GBA change doesn't surprise me that much, but for them to have taken it out of the arcade version on the CCC kinda sucks -- especially since the shirts on the girls in the game still fly up too far when ya punch 'em in the face =P (Other than that though, I love the CCC -- as soon as I got it home I sat down and played all the way through Forgotten Worlds!)

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else think that rapper Li'l John looks just like the Mad Gear guy in the intro? YEEEAAHHH!

GUTS

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2005, 01:15:41 PM »
That scene wasn't in the US arcade version of the game according to one of the programmers, he said that they used the exact rom capcom supplied them and didn't change anything.

Black Tiger

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2005, 04:55:22 PM »
I just bought an XBox to play the Capcom Classics Collection, even though I have a nice MAME cabinet and dedicated SFIICE & Final Fight cabs.

After playing most of these games on real arcades and MAME for a long time, I can say for a fact that most of the games on CCC are far from arcade perfect.

I don't have time to get into all the details, but most are screwed up one way or another, often affecting gamelay.

SFII's are the worst, mainly because of the messed up sound. I'd accept the loading between fights if it at least felt arcade perfect inbetween.

What sucks is that the Saturn Generations sets seemed way better and more or less perefect ports(of the few I played).

Its still the best game for XBox in my opinion, since I love early Capcom arcade games so much. But I was very dissapointed.

While I'm posting about this game, does anyone know if its possible to turn off the blurring effect? Its a real pain after being let down by the ports.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum