Author Topic: Capcom Classics Collection  (Read 3330 times)

akamichi

Capcom Classics Collection
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2005, 08:20:59 PM »
I managed to get a copy of this CCC.  Decent selection but I think I could have done without 3 versions of Street Fighter II.  Anyway, I grew up playing the Japanese and US versions of each game and right off the bat I noticed some minor differences from the arcade versions I grew up with.  Nothing big as they don't affect the gameplay but these aren't the "originals".

I haven't been through all the games yet, but I like the little bonus sections of each game.  What really makes me laugh is the "little known facts" which most of not all seem to be "In Japan this game was called [blah] which translates to [foo]".  

Oh, and Trojan is impossible. :?

A good deal for $20, but at least Taito Memories Collection lets you insert coins. :)

GUTS

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2005, 08:39:27 PM »
I'd like to hear about all these differences in the versions, one of the original programmers posted quite a bit answering people's questions after the game came out and he assured everyone time and again that they didn't alter the roms in anyway or form from what Capcom supplied them.  Nearly every complaint I saw was stuff that was present in the original game and people either thought they remembered or didn't remember (other than the SF games of course since they were ports of the PSX ports of the original games).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2005, 10:01:38 PM »
Hey GUTS, was that over at Gamefaqs?  I was there as DrakeWoods.  I can assure everybody, that there will be a Vol 2.  The likely candidates for that collection are:
Chiki Chiki Boys
Sidearms
Wonder 3
...doh, that's all I can think of right now, too tired.  I did mention to the guy about putting Son Son 2 on there, which was a PCE exclusive.  Also, NES ports are not out of the question.  Keep in mind, it's not called the Capcom Arcade Collection!  It has Super Ghouls n Ghosts, which was only on the SNES.....& I think maybe the GBA.  So NES versions of Trojan, Legendary Wings, Black Tiger, Bionic Commando, etc could happen.  Heck, maybe the Disney games too in time, who knows.  But things are looking good for atleast a 2nd vol if not more from what I recall.

Black Tiger

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2005, 06:59:27 AM »
Quote from: "ParanoiaDragon"
Hey GUTS, was that over at Gamefaqs?  I was there as DrakeWoods.  I can assure everybody, that there will be a Vol 2.  The likely candidates for that collection are:
Chiki Chiki Boys
Sidearms
Wonder 3
...doh, that's all I can think of right now, too tired.  I did mention to the guy about putting Son Son 2 on there, which was a PCE exclusive.  Also, NES ports are not out of the question.  Keep in mind, it's not called the Capcom Arcade Collection!  It has Super Ghouls n Ghosts, which was only on the SNES.....& I think maybe the GBA.  So NES versions of Trojan, Legendary Wings, Black Tiger, Bionic Commando, etc could happen.  Heck, maybe the Disney games too in time, who knows.  But things are looking good for atleast a 2nd vol if not more from what I recall.

Does anyone know if any of the unfinished roms for Black Tiger NES have ever surfaced online?

If Capcom were to include classics from any platform, then they could put out a dozen 20+ game sets that everyone would be satisfied by.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

GUTS

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2005, 07:01:40 AM »
Yeah gamefaqs, that guy was pretty cool answering everybody's questions and stuff.  I was armamentarmedarm or kingofcrusher or something over there, can't remember.

If Black Tiger is on the next volume that would be awesome, I've never been able to actually beat that one in the arcade.  Next to Forgotten Worlds its one of my favorite Capcom games, I'm stoked.

Black Tiger

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2005, 07:10:22 AM »
Quote from: "akamichi"

I haven't been through all the games yet, but I like the little bonus sections of each game.  What really makes me laugh is the "little known facts" which most of not all seem to be "In Japan this game was called [blah] which translates to [foo]".  

Oh, and Trojan is impossible. :?

A good deal for $20, but at least Taito Memories Collection lets you insert coins. :)

Trojan is one of the few games on the disc that I've taken the time to finish so far.

Its one of those games tht you have to master first and then factor in luck during each cheap spot.

Its glitchy(some seriously messed up stuff happened), but I don't remember if all the glitches were in the original.

Black Tiger

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2005, 07:12:51 AM »
It'd be cool if in future sets they included multiple ports/versions of particular titles.

Especially if they included all the euro/u.k. computer versions(even if they didn't make them) since we never got to see them and there are lots of home ports of games that we never got at all(like Black Tiger).

Black Tiger

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2005, 07:15:59 AM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
Yeah gamefaqs, that guy was pretty cool answering everybody's questions and stuff.  I was armamentarmedarm or kingofcrusher or something over there, can't remember.

If Black Tiger is on the next volume that would be awesome, I've never been able to actually beat that one in the arcade.  Next to Forgotten Worlds its one of my favorite Capcom games, I'm stoked.

Black Tiger is one of the few earlier Capcom arcade games without cheap sections where you really can beat the game in a single life each time once you master it.

And best of all, you don't have to play the game through a second time to see the real ending.

I have a cocktail cabinet Black Tiger as the coffee table in my living room. :D

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2005, 02:46:16 PM »
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"

Does anyone know if any of the unfinished roms for Black Tiger NES have ever surfaced online?

If Capcom were to include classics from any platform, then they could put out a dozen 20+ game sets that everyone would be satisfied by.

I just did some searching of the more reliable sites, & didn't find any roms for Black Tiger.  Is it just me, or do I remember there being a picture of the NES version in some old ad or something?

Black Tiger

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2005, 03:00:20 PM »
Quote from: "ParanoiaDragon"

I just did some searching of the more reliable sites, & didn't find any roms for Black Tiger.  Is it just me, or do I remember there being a picture of the NES version in some old ad or something?

All I know is that it was advertised as coming soon in the back of early (Mega Man 1?) Capcom NES manuals.

esteban

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2005, 03:47:13 PM »
I have a cocktail cabinet Black Tiger as the coffee table in my living room. :D
Dude, the next time I'm hanging out in Canada...
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2005, 04:30:54 PM »
Oh man a cocktail cabinet of Black Tiger as a living room coffee table... awesome! Almost as awesome as the dining table of a NES cocktail version of Ninja Gaiden that Jimmy was playing in The Wizard at the diner.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2005, 08:52:52 AM »
Bump! I just order CCC from amazon order just finsh being process too :D

FinalFight here i come :)

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

KingDrool

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2005, 05:28:54 AM »
My friend picked it up the other day and we had a blast it.  So much that I'm going to head out and buy a copy for myself sometime this week.  There's nothing like playing this stuff with a good arcade stick.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

TR0N

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2005, 04:29:49 PM »
Just got it today in the mail the emulation isn't too bad either.

My only nickpick about it is no vertical mode for it's shooters.

I find it odd, Capcom Generations had that option but, CCC doesn't werid oh well :P

I just hope Capcom will have another volume of this. There's a lot left in there "catalog" that needs 'to be in a collection still :wink:

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec