Author Topic: Capcom Classics Collection  (Read 3297 times)

KingDrool

Capcom Classics Collection
« on: August 30, 2005, 07:36:26 AM »
I seem to be the guy who starts these threads...

But Capcom is releasing Capcom Classics Collection, which includes - among other things - Forgotten Worlds.  

Apparently comes out next month (September), so if you haven't picked up the Turbo CD version, you can get it for your Xbox or whatever, along with SF2:CE, Bionic Commando, and others.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

esteban

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 10:00:01 AM »
Would that be the arcade Bionic Commando or the NES version? The NES version is superior, IMO, but it would be neat to play the arcade version on a console (first time it was ever ported, I believe).
  |    | 

KingDrool

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 12:08:05 PM »
Arcade version, from what I read.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Keranu

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 12:50:02 PM »
NES versions are typically always better than the arcade versions ;) . Incredible.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

neokellyzero

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 02:26:10 PM »
Keranu Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NES versions are typically always better than the arcade versions ;) . Incredible.

Fun factor- 98% of the time for sure. but as far a cosmetics and asthetics go- the nes did kinda suck-

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
Never! I prefered the NES versions in terms of sound, graphics, and controls a lot of times as well! NES is amazing.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

doomfarer75

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005, 03:25:37 PM »
Bionic commando absolutely ruled. so innovative,  colorful, good technique to master, and i can still hear the sound when your grappling arm catches something..amazing game..i wish it was the NES version!
"Look to your knives now, and 'ware the foeman."- The Doomfarers of Coramonde, by Brian Daley

http://www.brian-daley.com/default.htm
http://www.charlesatlas.com

GUTS

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 03:28:30 PM »
That's awesome, I hadn't heard about that one.  Along with the 2 awesome Taito Memories PS2 collections, the last few months have been great for compilations.

It sucks though that it won't have the NES version of Bionic Commando also, I want to see some exploding Hitler on my PS2.

esteban

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005, 05:13:42 PM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
It sucks though that it won't have the NES version of Bionic Commando also, I want to see some exploding Hitler on my PS2.
You mean Master D! Any similarity to an actual person is purely coincidental.
  |    | 

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 05:37:01 PM »
Better off getting Forgotten Worlds on the new Capcom classics.

The home conversions really don't cut it to the arcade.

No 2 player on the Turbo CD, but uses the artificial "2-player" trick where the second controller moves Nameless' satellite option.

Some missing stages on the Sega Genesis version one of them being my favorite, the volcano cloud stage with the boss twin giants.

GUTS

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2005, 06:03:56 PM »
Quote from: "stevek666"
You mean Master D! Any similarity to an actual person is purely coincidental.

Haha, it still blows my mind that Capcom got "damn" AND the exploding head past nintendo's censors.  How the hell they managed that is probably a really, really awesome story.

lord_cack

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2005, 06:33:21 PM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"

No 2 player on the Turbo CD, but uses the artificial "2-player" trick where the second controller moves Nameless' satellite option.

Some missing stages on the Sega Genesis version one of them being my favorite, the volcano cloud stage with the boss twin giants.

Also doesn't the PS2 controler just seem like with the dual analog it would make playing the game much easier/more fun?
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

TR0N

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 08:09:06 PM »
I still bum out no 1941 counter attack,Black Tiger,Magic Sword and Tiger Road etc.

Still i'll get it for these games.

Trojan
Bionic Commando
Forgotton Worlds
Final Fight
Legendary Wings
Section Z

The rest i got on, Capcom Generations for my Saturn all ready imo.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Black Tiger

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 09:12:57 AM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"

The Turbo version of Forgotton Worlds is one of the best arcade to home console ports of the 16-bit generation.

It may not have 2 player simultaneous play, but the gameplay is spot on(other than not having the arcade twisty sticks) and the graphics are pretty much identical(same with Sidearms).

I still prefer playing the Turbo version over my MAME cabinet(lying on a couch with a pad in my hands).

Its a much more faithful than the 'legendary' ports(Strider/GnG Genesis, SFII SNES).

I still can't wait to play the Capcom Classics Collection version though, but it also won't have the same controls as the arcade.

As for the Classics pack in general, it seems like most people point out titles that are missing, but lets face it... Konami and Midway have been ripping us off for years with their 'classics' sets, putting as little as 1 meg of (not so hot)games on a disc and charging full price.

I was grateful for the Saturn Capcom sets. But this is by far the greatest hits collection ever. I hope that enough people buy it that we'll get another one with the remaining games(like Black Tiger).

One thing that still puzzles me: why the hell isn't there a Gamecube version? It'd cost nothing to develop and Capcom still supports the system.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

MotherGunner

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2005, 03:25:11 PM »
They just announced the PSP Version,  most notably will contain Sidearms!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)