Author Topic: Capcom Classics Collection  (Read 3314 times)

Keranu

Capcom Classics Collection
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2005, 06:26:59 PM »
I should play POW now that you say that, I want to experience that feeling. I haven't played it in a long time, so I can't quite remember. I know some other games that give that satisfying feeling, I love it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2005, 08:40:53 PM »
It's funny how a lot of SNK Arcade to NES ports were sorta better in some ways. Sure the graphics on the arcade versions were higher res, better colors and more details. For some reason the NES ones had some better improvements in gameplay and the overall feel of the games. I have to say the arcade version of POW got me hooked though. I didn't like the arcade versions of Ikari Warriors series all too much compared to the NES versions.
I gotta get me an arcade cabinet one of these days. Preferably MVS since it will also play regular jamma arcade games as well.

TR0N

« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2005, 05:37:50 PM »
Quote from: "SNKNostalgia"
It's funny how a lot of SNK Arcade to NES ports were sorta better in some ways. Sure the graphics on the arcade versions were higher res, better colors and more details. For some reason the NES ones had some better improvements in gameplay and the overall feel of the games. I have to say the arcade version of POW got me hooked though. I didn't like the arcade versions of Ikari Warriors series all too much compared to the NES versions.
I gotta get me an arcade cabinet one of these days. Preferably MVS since it will also play regular jamma arcade games as well.

Dunno call me anal i perfed the.. arcade version for those games.

Heck i played them frist in the "arcade" so that's how i like them.

Looking at it now though i can't blame, SNK on how 'those ports turn out afther all the, NES was a 8-bit system.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Black Tiger

« Reply #78 on: December 20, 2005, 12:36:08 AM »
Quote from: "Tron"
Quote from: "SNKNostalgia"

Dunno call me anal i perfed the.. arcade version for those games.

Heck i played them frist in the "arcade" so that's how i like them.

Looking at it now though i can't blame, SNK on how 'those ports turn out afther all the, NES was a 8-bit system.

With a lot of games, I do prefer the arcade originals, but I love playing ports good or bad across all platforms.

On the NES, I wished they'd tried to closer emulate the gameplay of arcade games. But looking back now, it was better when they revamped games like Bionic Commando & Strider.

Whats really cool is when a 16-bit'ish arcade game like Bloody Wolf is actually upgraded in its home port(minus voice samples).
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

supergrafxpcengine2

« Reply #79 on: December 24, 2005, 09:01:26 AM »
I loved P.O.W.  arcade version.   it's one of the few arcade games I got my dad to play when I was like 14, lol.     it kills the NES version IMO.  

I always wanted a souped up NEO-GEO version, or sequel to it.   there are so many pre-NEO-GEO  SNK games that should've got NEO-GEO upgrades or sequels.  ah well.

Black Tiger

« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2005, 10:49:28 AM »
Quote from: "supergrafxpcengine2"
I loved P.O.W.  arcade version.   it's one of the few arcade games I got my dad to play when I was like 14, lol.     it kills the NES version IMO.  

I always wanted a souped up NEO-GEO version, or sequel to it.   there are so many pre-NEO-GEO  SNK games that should've got NEO-GEO upgrades or sequels.  ah well.

Depending on how you look at, Metal Slug is a (super)suped-up version of P.O.W., complete with P.O.W.'s.

Keranu

« Reply #81 on: December 24, 2005, 02:58:21 PM »
You could also say Metal Slug is a side-scrolling platform version of Guerilla Wars :D .
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

TR0N

« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2005, 06:56:44 PM »
Contra>GunStarHeros>MetalSlug :wink:

Aksx

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2006, 12:39:50 AM »
Yeah, you are right man! :(
God bless America!

Keranu

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2006, 09:20:12 AM »
No way, you got it mixed up.

Rush n' Attack > Metal Slug > Contra > Gunstar Heroes

8)

GUTS

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2006, 06:18:37 PM »
That horrible dice level kills Gunstar heroes, I don't know how anybody can enjoy that crap.  Metal Slug pretty much owns every other run n gun ever made.

TR0N

Re: Capcom Classics Collection
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2006, 04:26:49 PM »

8)
Naw much as i enjoy Rush'n'Attack the weapons are too limted in it.

Keranu

« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2006, 05:44:20 PM »

8)

Hehe, I was just joking about Rush n' Attack being better than everything else, even though I do love Rush n' Attack. Metal Slug is still my favorite run n' gun.

TR0N

« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2006, 07:13:39 PM »

8)

Hehe, I was just joking about Rush n' Attack being better than everything else, even though I do love Rush n' Attack. Metal Slug is still my favorite run n' gun.
Ahh i see then to me "Contra" was the serise that got me hooked on run'n'games.

Then Gunstars Heros came along and it became my most, 2nd favorite one on run'n'gun games.

Then when MetalSlug started up... it replace contra at the top of the list for me.

Btw i am looking forward to the MS Anthology so i can play MS6.

Beside i've all ready played MS 1-5 on my NeoGeo.

Black Tiger

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2006, 12:05:28 PM »
I got CCC Vol 2 for PS2. I first tried to buy the Xbox version from EB, but they only had two "gutted" copies (they actually call them that right to the customer's face, while demanding higher than retail price). So I bought the progressive scan supported PS2 version from Walmart instead.

I'm glad I did, since it gives me another reason to use my slim PS2. Once again, I wish you could turn off the blurring filter. But at least I now have a better way to play 90" Black Tiger.

Vol 2 has way nicer production values. The line-up doesn't have the same overall impact that Vol 1 did, since I already have CCC Remixed PSP, which includes Side Arms, Black Tiger, Strider, etc...

I also just bought Sega Genesis Collection. Probably the best retro comp available next to the Capcom sets. It does have some signal switching bugs in progressive scan mode though.

Still worth it alone for Phantasy Star II - IV. But why couldn't they include PS I? They could've used the same Genesis emulator and everything. But there are arcade ports on the same disc, so Genesis compatibility isn't even an issue. I would've rather had PS I instead of having both the Genesis & arcade versions of Altered Beast.