Author Topic: F/S: Turbografx 16 games in "a$$hole f*cked Me Over" Sale  (Read 3495 times)

JohnnyBlaze

F/S: Turbografx 16 games in "a$$hole f*cked Me Over" Sale
« on: June 14, 2011, 05:27:20 PM »
Well, I just lost my Turbo Duo because the a$$hole who traded it to me wants it back because he f*cked up on the trade wording(He told me that I didn't have to send my system if I wasn't satisfied and I wasn't as it wasn't working properly and now that I have it working, he wants it back with some BS excuses and trying to threaten me). So, now that I'm officially out a PS3 that's blown, $450, AND a Turbo Duo.

So, since obviously no one on the internet will take plight in my story and give me a Duo, I'll have to sell these games I have.

No unfair offers are refused. I only take Checks, Money Orders, or Cash in envelope. NO PAYPAL!!!!

Somer Assault and Time Ball were already sold.

Help me! I've already lost so much trying to get a Duo and it's heartbreaking to get rid of this stuff, but I need to. After all, if I don't have a Duo, what's the point of keeping these?

I guess you also can consider this a farewell already as since I have nothing of Turbo, what's the point of being here?

Mathius

Re: F/S: Turbografx 16 games in "a$$hole f*cked Me Over" Sale
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 06:37:17 PM »
So, you got his broken Duo working again and now he wants it back? Did he state that it was a broken unit?
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

JohnnyBlaze

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 06:58:15 PM »
He claimed that it was working fine. But, when I got it, it wasn't playing my backups. The laser kept locking up. I opened it up, cleaned the gears, unstuck the unit, and now it works fine. But, since I have to send it back, what's the point? Like I said, I have to sell these games. I've lost so much money trying to get a Duo. Since I don't believe anyone would give me their spare Duo or whatever after listening to this story(hell, they might be sitting on four Duos and claim that they are going to sell them to pay for their kid's college when they don't have kids like this character), I guess this stuff has to go and since I don't have a Duo or anything, this is probably the last I'm going to be here as what's the point of being on a Turbo forum when you cannot participate?

I finally got a Duo after all these loops and holes and spending all this money that right now I'm paying off with nothing to show for it and after ten years of waiting for one(my aunt's most prized gaming possession was her Duo. I was supposed to get it when she passed, but the laser died about a week before she did) and now I have to send it back to some a$$hole who loves to hoard everything so no classic gamer can get their hands on one and has no value to him except money.

Mathius

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 07:02:49 PM »
I know there are people here that may be able to help you in the future after you straighten everything out. It would be smart when/if you get back into this shared passion that you deal with the peeps here on PCFX. That way if anything shady happens we'll try to help you out. :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

JohnnyBlaze

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 07:05:40 PM »
Thanks. But, I think I'll pass. After all of this shit, I'm just heartbroken. I just wished that maybe after years of helping people, someone would finally help ME out. I knew it was too good to be true. This whole experience has me believing that there is no such thing as a "God". If there was, I wouldn't be going through this hell.

Keith Courage

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 07:44:04 PM »
So did the unit play real CDs fine? I know some duo systems are very poor at reading CDR backups. Maybe the lens is old and needs to be changed?

soop

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »
How are you out a ps3 $450 AND a duo?

RR1980

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 09:39:54 PM »
sounds like you are pretty set on getting rid of your game collection and getting out of the community so good luck to your sale (you are in the wrong section tho this is the PCE for sale thread) but if your aunt's duo with the bad laser is still around some of the guys here can probably fix that for you.

shubibiman

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 09:58:43 PM »
If you're still willing to sell, i'd be glad to welcome your complete Turbgrafx games on my shelves. :)
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

RR1980

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 10:42:43 PM »
If you're still willing to sell, i'd be glad to welcome your complete Turbgrafx games on my shelves. :)

Shubibiman is a good guy if you sell to him your games will go to a good home :)

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 11:12:09 PM »
If it were me, I wouldn't send SHIT back.  Keep it.  

EDIT:  After further thought, I would send it back.  Sounds like it was you that did not come thru on your end, not the other guy.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:56:11 AM by bernielindell »

JohnnyBlaze

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 03:57:28 AM »
How are you out a ps3 $450 AND a duo?

Here's the breakdown:

I put up an offer to trade a 750GB PS3(I used it primarily as a movie hub). The guy that took my offer on another site wanted a new PS3 instead which I agreed to and I sent him one with my Dell account after he sent his Duo. His Duo's laser got stuck and he already had the PS3 I sent him. That's why I was out $200 and a Duo there. Because I wanted to keep the games and the Duo Tap.

At the same time, this a$$hole that's in the topic starter, said he had a few Duo and he's trade my for my 750GB PS3. He said that if I wasn't satisfied with the Duo, I didn't have to send him anything. His Duo comes and it gets stuck reading the backups. But, unlike the last, I opened it, cleaned it, lubed the gear, and I hadn't had that problem since. I was still going to send the PS3 any way to be nice, but when backing up my data, my PS3 got the YLOD. So, that's how I'm out a PS3.

I sent him a message about it and told him. No response. So, I figured he didn't care. What else would you assume from a guy who you don't hear from in a month? But, the guy who got the new PS3, sent me half of the price back, which I used to buy a couple of Duos which were ALSO dead(this was BEFORE the topic starter sent me the Duo). But, being Craigslist, there's no real way to get your money back. That's the OTHER $250 right there.

I have to. What other choice do I have.
sounds like you are pretty set on getting rid of your game collection and getting out of the community so good luck to your sale (you are in the wrong section tho this is the PCE for sale thread) but if your aunt's duo with the bad laser is still around some of the guys here can probably fix that for you.

It's not really being dead set. It's more "I'm out all this money with nothing to show for it, what's the point of keeping it since nobody will step in and help me". As for my aunt's Duo, she junked it after the laser blew. I mean, am I really crazy to believe that maybe there are still some good people out there with compassion for another. I know that if the roles were reversed and I had a spare Duo, I'd send it to that person and maybe even throw in a couple of games. But, since there's no one out there like that anymore, I have to sell.

If it were me, I wouldn't send SHIT back.  Keep it. 

I'll let this bullshit explain itself:

"If you want to know why I didnt contact you is my roomates mom died. It has been a heavy few weeks and things like this fall to the back. As for you being out a PS3 and $450 that sucks for you, I dont not sure how you are out $450 but neither of those things are my fault. If you sent me the DUO back you would be out around $15, which you would be if you sent the PS3. FYI I have never talked shit about you anywhere even in real life, but to be honest the super aggro mails you are sending make you seem kind of crazy. You act as if I am not out a $300 item. One day that is going to help pay for my kid to go to college and I cant let you just take that from me.

So we have 2 options again you can send me the DUO or we can go the legal route. I'm %100 percent sure I will win(I have copies of the mails too) and if I am right you will be out the DUO + my legal fees and a possible theft charge. Think about even the deal was the way you believed it was, you just wrote that you opened the system, which would be tampering with it after the fact. This would nullify your ability to prove that it was not working correctly upon arrival. If that's what this is really worth to you then that is how it is."

Would YOU want to waste any more time on this motherf*cker after his lies, stories, and BS? No? I wouldn't either. If he's THAT desperate that he'd lie, make up stories, and threaten me with things he obviously knows nothing about(i.e. this would be a "small claims" case and you don't USE an attorney for that, threatening me with theft when not only did he send it to me, he did NOT state to send it back if I wasn't satisfied), then obviously, he deserves it more than me. I would NEVER pull all that bullshit to keep something or for ANY reason.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 04:38:59 AM »
Ill take the duo tap!

but, id tell the guy to shove it.  howd you pay for the stuff? Cash?

So, Basically you have to give the duo back because the PS3 you were going to give him died?

I mean the part where you bought a bunch of toasted duo's from people is on you, but I bet you can do the following:

1) unYLOD the PS3 and send to the guy. That craps easy to fix.
2) keep the duo either way because he was dumb enough to send it.
3) Sell the busted duo's you got off CL for some cash to recoup, or get them fixed and have an army of duos.

also, email exchanges don't really form much of a concrete agreement to anything especially since you guys didn't sign anything and didnt go through eBay or anywhere with protection services.  Its CL, or a random forum.  Its brutal out there.  He can shove it. 

He sent it to you.  If you don't send it back or keep up your end of the bargain, oops.  If he wastes time and money with courtfees, etc. (more than the cost of a duo or a ps3), he is an idiot.   Especially because its possible they will just tell him "Youre dumb. Dont send things to strangers".  He doesn't have much of a case going for him here.

smash the ps3 with a hammer, insure it for like 400$, lol.  Let him claim the insurance when it shows up broken.  Theres his money, and a PS3 he can kinda do something with.

Pack the box with D-Batteries , loose, so it all bounces around and breaks things.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

JohnnyBlaze

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 04:57:15 AM »
Someone gave me the idea of just sending him a dead Duo. But the ones I got off of CL, I junked when I got this one. So, there goes that....

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 05:16:51 AM »
Dude, for real.  Block his emails, and walk away.  If you send him anything at all, its crazy.  There is NOTHING he can do.  NOT one damn thing.  I am willing to bet nobody's roommate died or any of that shit.  Just a freakn cyber bully, hoping you fall for it as he talks out his ass.  In short, f*ck him.  

EDIT:  After looking at further posts, I no longer feel this way.   [-(
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:57:36 AM by bernielindell »