Author Topic: Who's still playing their Wii?  (Read 13657 times)

TR0N

Re: Who's still playing their Wii?
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 07:16:47 PM »
My wii is collecting dust currenty no zelda ss yet so nothing to play on it.Though that will change next year when xenoblade makes it here,plus i been thinking about importing the uk version of the last story in feb.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2011, 12:11:24 AM »
My wii is collecting dust currenty no zelda ss yet so nothing to play on it.Though that will change next year when xenoblade makes it here,plus i been thinking about importing the uk version of the last story in feb.

I, too, want to get Zelda SS but I'll wait until the price drops...I have plenty of games to keep me occupied.

I have recently been replaying that Castlevania remix (Rebirth on WiiWare?) that Konami released a few years ago for the Wii market...it's not fantastic, but I never finished it and I'm having a decent amount of fun playing through it again. I can't help but have mixed feelings: I was somewhat disappointed when it first came out...but now I'm just trying to appreciate it for what it is.

I really wanted this to be an exhilarating, jaw-dropping 2-D Castlevania extravaganza. Instead, it seems like a half-hearted pastiche (yes! Pastiche!) of earlier games. I feel it was an opportunity to make something kick-ass, but they opted for a safer, predictable path.

So, yes, I am playing my Wii.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:21:22 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

futureman2000

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2011, 05:17:20 AM »
I wish I could play SS, but our Wii has some issues. When powered on, it has about a 10% chance of booting to the Wii menu - the rest of the time just a black screen. Once we do get the Wii menu, there is about a 10% chance that the chosen game/program will properly start - again, usually resulting in a black screen. This is why we leave it on with Netflix running 24/7... which I'm sure may damage the system. Wii shame spiral?
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

DynamiteSJ

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »
havent touched my WII in forever.. bought it roughly when it came out - played it for a month and its been collecting dust. My ol retro nes, gens, and tg16 get more play than it. For the newer stuff.. my x360 takes care of that.

Bought into the new hype when it came out. Maybe 5% of the games are really worth anything... totally spammed with terrible games besides the "nintendo" make and a few others.

KingDrool

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2011, 03:51:27 AM »
Maybe 5% of the games are really worth anything... totally spammed with terrible games besides the "nintendo" make and a few others.

*sigh*

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=10557.msg192882#msg192882
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 04:25:42 AM »
*sigh*

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=10557.msg192882#msg192882

That's about 70 games (some of which aren't all that good), which is pretty close to 5% of the Wii's library.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

KingDrool

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 06:39:42 AM »
I just hate it when people say there's "nothing good" on the Wii. There are plenty of good games on the Wii. There also just happens to be an assload of dogshit.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

Windy

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 08:58:21 AM »
Tron im with you on those games. Im hoping they announce a North American release for Last Story on Wii but I have a suspician that it will become a Wii-U title. We also have Dragon Quest Online coming for wii which looks awesome! Maybe it's last Hurrah before Wii-U. Games I recommend if you haven't tried them on wii:

Fragile Dreams
Lost in Shadow
Tales of Symphonia "A New World"
NHL 2k10
Monster Hunter Tri
Sonic All Star Racing (awesome and a cheapy)
Im sure there are a few more I could recommend if anyone plays Sonic All Star Racing Contact me or Tron it would be a hoot to play online with ya :)
Proud Member of the F@CK Ebay Club
MONSTER HUNTER TRI FC: W272XV

DynamiteSJ

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 05:39:44 PM »
Not say that all the games of the WII is garbage.. but.. i work all day.. the last thing i want to do is move a controller around. I want to be old school lazy with a regular old controller. Also.. Wii is too kiddy for me. I tend to lean to more mature/bloody/violent games and nintendo in general obviously doesnt fit the type of game i dig.

Windy

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2011, 02:29:35 AM »
Not say that all the games of the WII is garbage.. but.. i work all day.. the last thing i want to do is move a controller around. I want to be old school lazy with a regular old controller. Also.. Wii is too kiddy for me. I tend to lean to more mature/bloody/violent games and nintendo in general obviously doesnt fit the type of game i dig.

I couldn't agree more. I hope this motion control gimmick leaves as fast as it came. Sometimes I think I want to play wii then I remember oh that game requires motion control and I say forget it
Proud Member of the F@CK Ebay Club
MONSTER HUNTER TRI FC: W272XV

SMF

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2011, 08:02:29 AM »
I sometime laugh at what happened tho. Think about it The Gamecube was more powerful then the PS2 and Sony came out on top. Now the roles are reversed the Wii is still a Gamecube with little update while the PS3 is HD.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

TR0N

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »
Tron im with you on those games. Im hoping they announce a North American release for Last Story on Wii but I have a suspician that it will become a Wii-U title. We also have Dragon Quest Online coming for wii which looks awesome! Maybe it's last Hurrah before Wii-U. Games I recommend if you haven't tried them on wii:

Fragile Dreams
Lost in Shadow
Tales of Symphonia "A New World"
NHL 2k10
Monster Hunter Tri
Sonic All Star Racing (awesome and a cheapy)
Im sure there are a few more I could recommend if anyone plays Sonic All Star Racing Contact me or Tron it would be a hoot to play online with ya :)
I doubt mistwalker would remake the last story for the wii u,that would mean more time and resources having it done in hd.The game was made specialy for the wii 'but if it doesn't make it to the u.s i'll import the europe edition instead.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2011, 12:59:14 AM »
Playing some Mario Kart Wii right now. Still fun, after all these years and hundreds of hours. My daughter is better than me at some tracks. Why?

|    | 

Bernie

« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2011, 12:59:14 AM »
I play with my wii wii.....oh wait....  Yeah, I play my Wii at least several times a week.  I love it.  I do agree the shortage of awesome games kinda pisses me off, but the price is worth it for what I do enjoy. 

snickersbar

« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2011, 07:41:21 PM »
i played my wii about a month ago its donky kong