Author Topic: Rondo of Blood English Patch (PSP to TurboGrafx-CD).  (Read 31382 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Re: Rondo of Blood PSP dub for PC-Engine.
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2011, 11:17:18 AM »
The only problem I can recall with Ys 4 is that there's atleast one song that isn't on the Ys 4 Perfect Collections.  It's the very last song that's used for the final cinema where the "lady" is telling the children about Adol's adventures.  The begining portion of it inludes voice acting, so, you'd need to find an alternate way to do that scene.  Now that I think about it, there might be a "version" of that song with no voices on the Perfect Collection, but it's different.

Ok, just check it, it's there, but different.  My suggestion would be to use the Perfect Collection one, it might be the same length as the original.  When the time comes, I might be able to play around with the original & the Perfect Collection versions to get the right length for the song.  There might be a few others you'll need taken from the Perfection Collections, I have all 3(though, I only have a real cd of the 1st disc, the other 2 are cd'rs) so I can help with this, especially in regards to preparing the cinema tracks.  I also still have my all my takes for Dr. Flair, & I believe all the lines for Lilia my wife did, & all the lines my friend Jessica did for Bami.  I was also gonna try for the Narrator, but, by the time I started working on that, the original project fell apart.  But hit me up when you need those tracks, & I'll try to take some time & go over all the cinema tracks & see if there's any altering needed for them to fit in the original scenes, etc.

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2011, 12:01:35 PM »
The only problem I can recall with Ys 4 is that there's atleast one song that isn't on the Ys 4 Perfect Collections.

That song is called "A New Beginning".

Back when I was getting all this stuff organized last year I had already brought this into consideration. There were two versions of the song I was thinking about using; the altered one in the Ys 4 Perfect Collection and the one from the Ys piano collection.

Links to the songs on youtube.
(Piano)
(Perfect)

I also still have my all my takes for Dr. Flair, & I believe all the lines for Lilia my wife did, & all the lines my friend Jessica did for Bami.  I was also gonna try for the Narrator, but, by the time I started working on that, the original project fell apart.  But hit me up when you need those tracks, & I'll try to take some time & go over all the cinema tracks & see if there's any altering needed for them to fit in the original scenes, etc.
I would definitely like to hear your tracks! Did you finish all the dubbing for Dr. Flair, Lilia and Bami? Do you know how far down the road the last dubbing project was, when I looked they had never figured out how to extract/insert the adpcm clips, or was that not the case?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 12:05:33 PM by Burnt Lasagna »
http://burntprojects.wordpress.com/
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2011, 02:09:42 PM »
That's not the song I mean, the one I mean is called Fantasy Horizon.

Perfect Collection

Orignal Game Version

A New Begining is split into 2 sections IIRC on the game disc, I should be able to split it myself if you need me to.  I'm almost certain I totally finished Dr. Flair, & I'm pretty sure Lilia & Bami are done.  Whether you'll like them or not is another issue ofcoarse, the original sound guy liked them all.  Man, I can't even think of his name now, I met him on the Ancient Land of Ys boards.  I don't recall having any contact at the time with whoever was coding it(did Nightwolve do it?), so I don't recall how far along they got on the extracting & inserting was.  I do remember the sound guy was concerned by the uneven quality of alot of the different voices that people submitted, & he was considering doing some of them in the studio he worked at, so he could have a better control both over the quality of the recordings, as well as directing them.

Oh, & as for the lines we did.  For Dr. Flair, I would repeat various lines & let the sound guy take what he likes.  Sounds like I did a similar thing with both Lilia & Bami.  Looks like they're all done as far as I can tell.  I also have the file for the Narration of scene 16. I was "attempting" to sound like Alan Oppenheimer, the narrator from the first 2 games. Just let me know where to send it all.

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2011, 10:12:21 AM »
That's not the song I mean, the one I mean is called Fantasy Horizon.

Oh, your right! Maybe I should replay YsIV inorder to clear up my memory on the game. :-k
I'm almost certain I totally finished Dr. Flair, & I'm pretty sure Lilia & Bami are done.  Whether you'll like them or not is another issue ofcoarse, the original sound guy liked them all.  Man, I can't even think of his name now, I met him on the Ancient Land of Ys boards.  I don't recall having any contact at the time with whoever was coding it(did Nightwolve do it?), so I don't recall how far along they got on the extracting & inserting was.
The voices don't have to sound super professional, this would be a fandub after all, I'll take what I can get :lol:. Even if I don't end up using them they would make for good test inserts. 
I know there where two other YsIV dub projects (the first one got farther than the other) and none of them had Nightwolve involved in anyway shape or form. 

Oh, & as for the lines we did.  For Dr. Flair, I would repeat various lines & let the sound guy take what he likes.  Sounds like I did a similar thing with both Lilia & Bami.  Looks like they're all done as far as I can tell.  I also have the file for the Narration of scene 16. I was "attempting" to sound like Alan Oppenheimer, the narrator from the first 2 games. Just let me know where to send it all.

I would certainly like to hear these! You can just send me a PM; you can use dropbox to send me a private download link.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 03:42:06 AM by Burnt Lasagna »

Arjak

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2011, 06:53:18 AM »
I have been considering organizing a YsIV - Dawn of Ys fandub for awhile now...

And here we go again...

Seriously, if you do attempt to finally get this done, let me know; I tried out for and got the part of Duren (the thief) the last time an Ys IV fandub was attempted, and I would love to try the part again!
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

dairugger

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2011, 05:57:59 PM »
I meant what game...  :)  
Oh, that I'm not really sure on.

I have been considering organizing a YsIV - Dawn of Ys fandub for awhile now, but have never gotten around to doing it.
About a year ago I got all all the extraction and insertion pointers for the adpcm audio and organized majority of them for when they apear in the game.... just never did the actual dubbing part. #-o

My Brother (the guy who voiced death) keeps telling me "We gotta F*'n do this fandub!". Hopefully I will get around to doing it, after Rondo of Blood! :D
i know it sounds weird but ive always loved the way the title screen looked untranslated. when it was changed for castlevania chronicles it looked hideous!
I'm keeping the untranslated title screen.

thats so awesome!, that logo is so ingrained in my mind, i remember looking through vid game mags and longing for this game.

i tried playing it again on my psp with castlevania chronicles and i just cant get past the borders..

and another congrats are in order, ive seen word of your  work on various places on the net.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 06:06:55 PM by dairugger »

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2011, 03:49:40 AM »
*quick update!*

All level title cards are now complete! I'm praying the new patch will be out soon!
ROCKIN!:dance:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:52:05 AM by Burnt Lasagna »

MotherGunner

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2011, 06:12:34 AM »
Does anyone have a color lightscribe machine who is willing to make me a disc?  (When it's all said and done).
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Keith Courage

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2011, 08:26:06 AM »
Lightscribe only prints in black(more of a dark gray actually. Meaning black over whatever color is on the background. So if you buy a yellow disc it would be black over it or a blue disc black over it again. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=lightscribe&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=835&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=-lnuTuHQMYeqgwf1172aCQ

bartre

« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2011, 06:36:38 PM »
*quick update!*

All level title cards are now complete! I'm praying the new patch will be out soon!
ROCKIN!:dance:

heh, if this ever gets a "print" that pic should be the cover.

Black Tiger

« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2011, 02:58:40 AM »
The stage titles look perfect. Probably better than TTi would have done if they had the chance. :)

Two things I'd like to suggest/request:

If you could port over the the translated title from the PSP version, and make it available as a separate download for those who would appreciate it. If you can't pull and port the sprites straight out if the PSP version, I would be happy to reproduce it in PCE graphics myself.

Could you please replace the CD warning audio track if it hasn't been already? I know that there are several people around here who could provide voice acting for both Richter and Maria.

Even as it is now, this is an amazing contribution to the PC Engine community. :clap:
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2011, 03:59:09 AM »
If you could port over the the translated title from the PSP version, and make it available as a separate download for those who would appreciate it. If you can't pull and port the sprites straight out if the PSP version, I would be happy to reproduce it in PCE graphics myself.
The problem with this is that I can't find the titles screen in the games memory. I was able to find it in a save state but it was scrambled into a million pieces, which would make it incredibly hard to edit.
Could you please replace the CD warning audio track if it hasn't been already? I know that there are several people around here who could provide voice acting for both Richter and Maria.
I suppose this could be done, but it would be odd to have two different actors doing the part in the error message and then two different actors doing them in the actual game. Though I suppose it would be equally as odd to leave them in Japanese. :-k
Also, believe it or not, I don’t have the original track01 (the error message track). The way I got my copy of the game was off the Wii’s virtual Console; I then backed up a WAD of the VC channel onto my SD card using a homebrew application and extracted the individual tracks out of it on my PC. The VC gets rid of the first and last tracks to save space so I had to replace them with blank WAV/ISO tracks.   

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 04:02:20 AM by Burnt Lasagna »

Keith Courage

« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2011, 05:24:52 AM »
I think everything that you have done is amazing. How often am I going to listen to the CD error track and go, ugh why is this not in english? In my opinion this sounds done to me. Thank you for all your work.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2011, 01:15:01 PM »
The problem with this is that I can't find the titles screen in the games memory. I was able to find it in a save state but it was scrambled into a million pieces, which would make it incredibly hard to edit.
I suppose this could be done, but it would be odd to have two different actors doing the part in the error message and then two different actors doing them in the actual game. Though I suppose it would be equally as odd to leave them in Japanese. :-k
Also, believe it or not, I don’t have the original track01 (the error message track). The way I got my copy of the game was off the Wii’s virtual Console; I then backed up a WAD of the VC channel onto my SD card using a homebrew application and extracted the individual tracks out of it on my PC. The VC gets rid of the first and last tracks to save space so I had to replace them with blank WAV/ISO tracks.   

It can be hard to edit?  So.......you're saying there's a chance!!  YEAAAHHH!! :D

Burnt Lasagna

« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2011, 01:35:24 PM »
It can be hard to edit?  So.......you're saying there's a chance!!  YEAAAHHH!! :D
As I said, I was using a save state, not the game itself. So I still don't know how to edit it in the game's memory, but the chance of it happening is not completely out of the question.

I'm also not that big of fan of the PSP's title screen, it looks kinda of cheap to me. What do you guys think?
(PSP)

(PCE-CD)