Author Topic: Necro's game clears and mindless musings  (Read 23795 times)

esteban

Re: Necro's game clears and mindless musings
« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2016, 03:04:59 AM »
I regret never playing this game....

Ugghhh....

I judged you unfairly, Basted! I listened to GUTS, when I should have listened to my HEART...

...Ugghhh...what is that white light?

...pfshhhhh...
  |    | 

Mathius

« Reply #301 on: April 29, 2016, 08:10:40 AM »
Yeah I'll have Jodi make me a booty. :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

seieienbu

« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2016, 01:28:07 PM »
I'm curious about something.  To the best of my knowledge there are 140 official releases including the 2 system cards.  After that you have:

3 girl-y games,
Implode,
Meteor Blaster,
Insanity X,
Pyramid Plunder,
Atlantean,
Mysterious Song

It looks like there are 6 games I don't know about?  Mind filling me in on the rest?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

HailingTheThings

« Reply #303 on: May 03, 2016, 06:29:02 PM »
Revival Chase & Hypernova Blast*?

*just remembered I never picked it up and the site is down. Shite.

Black Tiger

« Reply #304 on: May 04, 2016, 02:59:58 AM »
I'm curious about something.  To the best of my knowledge there are 140 official releases including the 2 system cards.  After that you have:

3 girl-y games,
Implode,
Meteor Blaster,
Insanity X,
Pyramid Plunder,
Atlantean,
Mysterious Song

It looks like there are 6 games I don't know about?  Mind filling me in on the rest?

There are only 2 girly pic galleries, but they are not games.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #305 on: May 04, 2016, 03:21:01 AM »
There's three: Bikini Girls, Hawaiian Island Girls, and Local Girls of Hawaii.

My personal collectard reasoning starts with the 147 titles listed on PCE Daisakusen!!, subtracts the LoT and GoT demo discs since they were never sold at retail, then adds Champions Forever Boxing (huey variant), Ys pack-in version, Meteor Blaster DX Signature Edition, Meteor Blaster DX pressed version, Mysterious Song, Mysterious Song reprint, Hypernova Blast, J.B. Harold - Manhattan Requiem, Quiz Econosaurus, and Vajra.  I don't include Aetherbyte's goodies, however, as they are branded as PCE games.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #306 on: May 04, 2016, 03:49:15 AM »
Lol, I guess I was thinking that they wouldn't have put out two hawaiin releases. :P

Atlantean has a huge TurboGrafx-16 logo on the cover and you get to choose the region.

Necro, I'm pretty sure that I have one or two Turbo games that you don't, but I don't count nearly as many titles and variants as you do. Even Mysterious Song, which (like Meteor Blaster DX) I count as a single game. :P
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:57:17 AM by Black Tiger »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #307 on: May 04, 2016, 04:23:21 AM »
Atlantean has a huge TurboGrafx-16 logo on the cover and you get to choose the region.

Yarr, Atlantean is branded as both.  I guess I could (should) include it.

Necro, I'm pretty sure that I have one or two Turbo games that you don't, but I don't count nearly as many titles and variants as you do. Even Mysterious Song, which (like Meteor Blaster DX) I count as a single game. :P

Like I said, it's collectard reasoning for me and me alone.  If others want to omit LA games as a separate system, ignore the five variants, or include even more variants based on box/manual differences instead of just the ones that have code changes, that's their business.

seieienbu

« Reply #308 on: May 04, 2016, 07:36:05 AM »
Thanks for the answers guys.  If I ever get around to posting my collectard percentage I'd likely leave out variants but I'm glad to know what the total list you've been referring to is.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TheClash603

« Reply #309 on: May 04, 2016, 01:33:02 PM »
What a bunch of collectards.

Now I will go back to playing with my complete set of Sega Saturn demo discs.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2016, 04:27:37 AM »
Clear #70 - Bubblegum Crash

Knight Fabers?!?

If ya ever wanted to dip your toes in the digi-comic pool, this is the place to start.  It's straightforward, cute, easy to finish, and translated!

The Good:  Cute gals; touches of humor and perverseness; and nekkid Linna butt!

The Bad:  The tunes are forgettable and the scenery mostly static and bland; it's rather short; and the end battles seem to require more luck than strategy, as one time you'll get your ass beat bad and the next you'll win easily doing the same attacks.

The Ugly:  The enemy encounter rate gets frustrating in the warehouse at the end, a warehouse that is mostly empty and a rather boring.

Black Tiger

« Reply #311 on: May 23, 2016, 05:13:35 AM »
Knight Fabery!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #312 on: May 23, 2016, 05:59:59 AM »
Ha!  I assume that was scrawled by Nene when she was trying to peek at Linna in the shower.

OldTurboBastard

« Reply #313 on: June 01, 2016, 09:00:01 AM »
I've never seriously tried to play Ys, but I can't imagine I will like the "bump into things" combat.

Sorry to respond so late to your post, but if you are still around, as a classic gamer Y's vI and II is a must play. Fondest memories of my video gaming youth come from this game - it's just amazing.
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #314 on: June 14, 2016, 04:10:39 AM »
Clear #71 - Chiki Chiki Boys

The Good:  Bright, cute, and colorful graphics that match up well with the arcade original (see below); a well varied cast of baddies to beat down and different worlds to visit; neat touches like the swimming mask and dracula's shorts; two player simultaneous play; saving cute Amazon girlies; and two (maybe more?) endings for replayability, where you gotta find the key to open the final treasure chest, free the dragon, and get the 'good' ending.

The Bad:  The backgrounds look good but are missing all of the parallax of the original, even though a few spots could've easily handled sprite based parallax or simple line scrolls; a couple bosses get recycled; and few of the enemies give much of a fight, with only the final boss (fought twice) being much of a challenge.

The Ugly:  The flickering mess that is the end credits; the bottom two shots shown above aren't really that dark on screen, but that's how the screen capture thingy interprets the flicker.  It's like they wanted to punish you with seizures for having the gall to beat the game.