Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 10180 times)

seieienbu

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #225 on: February 14, 2018, 08:06:39 AM »
Just curious, did you have an early PS1 or a late one?  I had 2 that died before I was done playing FF7 at release that had the 3 RCA jacks in the back.  The third one I got was still a larger model but only had the AV Multi-out by that point.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

TDIRunner

« Reply #226 on: February 14, 2018, 09:52:44 AM »
My original PS1 still works.  It was an earlier model with the 3 RCA plugs, plus both the serial and parallel ports.

My original fat PS2 died which I replaced with a slim PS2 which still works to this day.

My original fat PS3 died (yellow light of death).  I replaced it with a slim PS3 which eventually stopped reading dics (although everything else worked).  I replaced that with a super slim PS3 which still works today.

I have another 30 or so consoles ranging from an Odyssey up to the PS4 and everything works perfectly.  The PS2 and PS3 consoles I mentioned above are the only consoles I've ever had fail on me.  I'm ignoring a small assortment of consoles I've purchased over the years that were knowingly broken for parts, cases, etc. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

NightWolve

« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2018, 03:41:54 PM »
Just curious, did you have an early PS1 or a late one?  I had 2 that died before I was done playing FF7 at release that had the 3 RCA jacks in the back.  The third one I got was still a larger model but only had the AV Multi-out by that point.

I had to find it for ya, it was stored off and largely forgotten as I can use my PS2 to finish off any PS1 backlog and get YPbPr/Component benefit which PS1 didn't offer. ;)

It's model SCPH-7001, manufactured on July 1998. It has parallel, serial I/O out as well as AV. Didn't know they made ones with full RCA female jacks. I remember I had a GameShark that I'd use on occasion that plugs into the parallel I/O port.

Speaking of FF, I beat Final Fantasy 7 & 8 on it, as well as most of the Squaresoft library. Oddly, when I bought a PS2 and FFX, I skipped forward to beat FFX over FF 9, the last PS1 sequel. I've been meaning to get to FF 9 some day, but as it stands, FFX is the last FF I beat.

I really use to love Squaresoft and RPGs, but I lost a lot of interest as I got older. Besides, those 2 motherf*ckers that left when it merged with Enix formed XXXSEED Games (the president and Ken Berry) and wound up cheating me on my Falcom Ys fan translation projects so that taint affects my opinion further back...

Looking back, it's clear to me I was better off hiring a professional translator for the Ys I&II Complete projects instead of recruiting some insane, suicidal c0ck-flasher from the NeoGeo forums, but hey, at least I learned my lesson and wouldn't do that again. ;)

seieienbu

« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2018, 09:10:55 AM »
Trust me on this one, FF9 likely isn't worth finishing.  If you do ever decide to play it, I'd recommend you get the port on PS4 that includes frameskip because that game is a Slog to get through. 
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

crazydean

« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2018, 11:42:15 AM »
Trust me on this one, FF9 likely isn't worth finishing.  If you do ever decide to play it, I'd recommend you get the port on PS4 that includes frameskip because that game is a Slog to get through.

Agreed. There’s also a PC FF9 port. I’d recommend it because it has cheats that can be accessed with menus like speed, money, and exp. It also looks better than the PS1 version.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Digi.k

« Reply #230 on: February 21, 2018, 09:03:01 AM »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2018, 05:27:45 AM »
shut the f*ck up with that terrorism.

T
E
R
R
O
R
I
S
M

ugh now a bunch of boxtards are going to be like YS IS MY FAVORITE.

DHUDRHDRRUDHDRUDD

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Punch

« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2018, 06:36:33 AM »
YS IS MY FAVORITE.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2018, 06:50:42 AM »
YS ORIGIN IS THE FIRST IN THE SERIES, THIS IS THE BEST NEW RPG SERIES SINCE ZERLDA
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

cr8zykuban0

« Reply #234 on: March 14, 2018, 04:50:48 AM »
Finally xbox one is getting some 3rd party support as of late. Sold mine a few months ago since it really doesnt have any games i liked. Only bought it cuz i got a good deal on it and to play with friends online but just wasnt enough to keep me interested

Digi.k

« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2018, 06:46:07 PM »

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #236 on: March 23, 2018, 04:18:49 AM »

Is this getting a release in US Xboner?

Digi.k

« Reply #237 on: March 23, 2018, 04:33:58 AM »
That I Don't know.  I hear it will for ps4 but not confirmed

Winniez

« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2018, 10:31:48 AM »
As a mainly PC-gamer Microsoft sure hasn't given me many reasons to get the system. It is just slightly inferior PC basically. That being said there are few interesting exclusives.

Digi.k

« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2018, 01:53:28 PM »
did any xbox one owners download the Kodi app and get it up and running?

I downloaded it a few weeks ago and just now got it up and running and watching stuff.

Some of the stuff is listed incorrectly tho...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 01:47:50 PM by Digi.k »