Author Topic: Nintendo Revolution gets TurboGrafx support!  (Read 2160 times)

KingDrool

Nintendo Revolution gets TurboGrafx support!
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 07:28:34 AM »
I'm guessing it'll at least start with Hudson published games, which is still a good number of solid titles.  As far as how much they are, I would guess $5-$10.

And as far as Genesis titles go, I'm guessing those will also begin with Sega published titles.  Here's what Beth Llewelyn from Nintendo had to say in an interview w/IGN:

IGN: So, SEGA Genesis and TurboGrafx games on Revolution's Virtual Console. That makes us happy. Does this mean all SEGA and TurboGrafx games will come over?

Beth: That's kind of up to SEGA, as to what they want to provide. But what we talked about today was kind of a best-of from SEGA and then TurboGrafx games. But we haven't gone into specifics about what that means or what some of the games will be. But the idea is that you will be able to play some of your favorite SEGA Genesis games or some of the games that were out on the TurboGrafx.

IGN: Is this an exclusive agreement?

Beth: Not necessarily exclusive, but we're just excited to have that content on the Revolution.

IGN: And when you speak about SEGA and Hudson, does this announcement mean that just titles published by those companies on Genesis and TurboGrafx may come to Revolution?

Beth: It could be beyond that. But obviously that would be a discussion between publishers and SEGA.

IGN: Are any other deals like this in the works?

Beth: Obviously we want to make a very robust library for the Virtual Console, so there may be other announcements down the road.

So it sounds like what they're saying is: "We're going to support those two platforms with the Revolution.  But what Sega and Hudson put out beyond their own titles is up to them to work out w/other publishers."

Either way, I'm just happy that a new generation of gamers will be able to play and be exposed to the Turbografx.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

FM-77

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 09:44:49 AM »
!!!!!

Click here!

R E V O L U T I O N

- Follow-up with yesterday's announcement of supporting PC-Engine/Turbografx and Genesis game software via virtual console on Revolution, Nintendo confirmed that PC-Engine/Turobgrafx CD-ROM2 games will be supported, but no confirmation on Mega-CD/Sega-CD games yet.

handygrafx

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 10:27:09 AM »
we could still see games like

PC-Engine/TG-16   Nectaris ~ Military Madness

and SuperGrafx Daimakaimura ~ Ghouls N Ghosts and Aldynes

unless I am mistaken, both were developed by Hudson or NEC Avenue and published by one or the other.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »
This is beautiful, this could mean, extra exposure for us independant gamers making new games for the Turbo, YAY!!!!

motdelbourt

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 02:55:38 PM »
Hay guys!

I'm excited about the wider audience this could bring the Turbo.  I highly doubt this will include Turbo or Sega CDs though. But if they were really interested in having a very high volume of quality titles they could always convert the music to a lower bitrate format. The Turbo games are huge, but of course most of that is uncompressed cd audio.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2006, 03:22:42 PM »
Actually, the Revolution will play Turbo cd's, so, we're good to go!

handygrafx

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2006, 04:12:15 PM »
FAMITSU SUPPOSEDLY CONFIRMS PC-ENGINE CD-ROM2  GAMES ON REVOLUTION

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=91942

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2006/03/24/103,1143166680,50500,0,0.html

Y's I/II, III, IV   and Rayxanber II  should then be playable

WHAT ABOUT SUPER CD-ROM2 GAMES ????  

:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

I wanna play Spriggan II and Rayxanber III  as well, among others!

Babelfish translation

Hudson enters into the software download business with respect to revolution!
2006/3/24

- With "virtual console" business new possibility

It announced that 2006 March 24th, Hudson the next generation machine revolution where sale is planned (* the code name) enters into the hypothetical game platform "virtual console" business which is used from Nintendo Co.. This "virtual console", through network, the system which can download the game software with respect to revolution. It is the case that it reaches the point where the user while being in the home, downloads the game software for the game machine for home, can enjoy directly.

Hudson the game software which is sold in this virtual console business, past the PC engine series (CD-ROM2 it includes) as business is with supply schedule. As for the title which is sold as the software for the PC engine series 670 or more (as for the same company software when 122 titles) it reaches, being, the past masterpiece, it may become delightful service in the how person who again would like to play, don't you think? is.

(insert pic of a PC Engine titled "Virtual console")
- As for photograph PC engine CD-ROM2 (ROM ROM). It includes this hard, downloading the software of the PC engine series, it is possible to enjoy.

handygrafx

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2006, 04:31:08 PM »
oh boy it's true, it comes straight from Hudson!

http://www.hudson.co.jp/corp/news/bn2006/060324.pdf

akamichi

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006, 04:40:56 PM »
Damn, I just read that Famitsu article and was about to post it here. I guess everybody beat me to it. :)

I have no doubt that CD/SCD/ACD games will be playable on the Rev.  Remember that CD-ROM2 refers to the brand, rather than specific capabilities within that brand (ie SCD/ACD).  

What would be damn cool is putting your original PCE CD into the Rev and playing it directly (like somehow it'll detect that it's a PCE CD and automatically load the PCE VC and the game).

Now just gotta wait for some enterprising company to make a controller converter dongles for the various consoles in order to use the original console's controllers.  And if these Rev dongle hook directly to the Rev controller, then we get free wireless PCE controllers too. :D

handygrafx

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2006, 04:48:37 PM »
Imagine Playing NEO NECTARIS on Revolution

8)

Keranu

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »
Wow, CD support. That was something I really didn't expect.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 07:22:47 PM »
Hmm, another thing this is making me think, is what if for some reason, this actually gets some companies to make more copies of games, like say, Dracula X or Sapphire, or maybe even finish games that never got released!?  I know that's a long shot, but, then again, all of this stuff about playing Turbo on the Rev. "was" a long shot, so far of a long shot, that, it didn't even come to mind, until Nintendo mentioned it, so, who knows!?  Maybe we'll finally get that Contra that was never finished for the Turbo(in my dreams that is) :D

motdelbuort

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2006, 03:53:39 PM »
I hope they emulate the turbo switches somehow. It wouldn't be the same playing Bonk without them.

MotherGunner

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2006, 05:24:46 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Wow, CD support. That was something I really didn't expect.

YES!  AWESOME!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

MotherGunner

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2006, 05:25:43 PM »
Quote from: "ParanoiaDragon"
Maybe we'll finally get that Contra that was never finished for the Turbo(in my dreams that is) :D

Quite possible since Konami owns Hudson now....:P
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)