Author Topic: Your new TG16/CD collection purchases for the month?  (Read 10491 times)

Punch

Re: Your new TG16/CD collection purchases for the month?
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2014, 07:12:14 AM »
"16-BIT GAME CARD FINAL LAP TWIN"

Nullity you lazy bastard.

Desh

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2014, 01:00:28 PM »
Just picked up this bad boy at CCAG.  Also, got a loose goosey R-Type.

NightWolve

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2014, 01:03:49 PM »
An "AbCARD" eh ? ;) Nice!

NightWolve

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2014, 04:02:24 PM »
I don't care about the game myself, I just think it's a great accomplishment though that a fan team (Ark/Oldman) was able to create a working HuCard homebrew game in 2014!

Tommy Vercetti

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2014, 04:05:38 PM »
I don't care about the game myself.

NightWolve

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2014, 04:11:36 PM »
Yeah, that's what I said, Nintega. Did you have a point ? Also, when does your ignoring me kick-in, since you've now stated that the self-deletion of your account won't kick-in ?? Are you even capable of remembering much of anything that you say ? Heh. God, you're pathetic!

TheOldMan

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2014, 04:23:47 PM »
Just picked up this bad boy at CCAG.

Thanks to everyone who came to see us and spend time talking turbo and/or 3-d printing :)
Like Arkhan said, cards go to the protocard buyers first - without them, there would be no abcards.
Now that we know roughly what percentage to make pce and tgx, we can get started on a general release. Until then, we hope to see what people think of them :)

Desh

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2014, 04:34:59 PM »

heh... sounds like "I just won 50 million dollars and f*cked every model in the SI Swimsuit Issue... and also found a penny I'm the parking lot at hyvee.

I want an atlantean.

dammit.

Dude it is cool.  The fact that new games are being released for not only NEC hardware but, all old consoles in general is so sweet.  This could have been the worst game ever created and I still would have bought it, just for the admiration I have for the people putting the blood, sweat and tears into stuff like this.

As it turns out, this game is also very good.  The controls are great the music is great.  It's like a 16 bit era shooter mated with an older game like Missile Command.  It is thoroughly kicking my ass so I'll have more news to report when I get through it a bit more.  Also, the fact that it saves the high scores if you have ram backup on your hardware setup is a nice touch.

Tommy please leave, and/or please stop being a shit disturber.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:38:41 PM by Desh »

spenoza

« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2014, 04:49:13 PM »
Picked up a loose Dungeon Explorer from Arkhan at the CCAG and also nabbed a complete (with spine card) copy of Emerald Dragon from another vendor.

Also got to appreciate all the great changes in Atlantean from 2 years ago when it didn't actually have hit detection or AI or anything. Also, game is damn hard (and I suck at Defender, so of course I think it's damn hard).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 04:54:22 PM by spenoza »
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

NightWolve

« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »
The fact that new games are being released for not only NEC hardware but, all old consoles in general is so sweet.  This could have been the worst game ever created and I still would have bought it, just for the admiration I have for the people putting the blood, sweat and tears into stuff like this.

That's noble enough. There's no offense meant here, it just looks like a game I would not care to play. I'm not gonna act like a blind fan boy as apparently Tommy/Nintega thinks that I should. What would get my interest would be something like say a SSS/Raiden-type shooter and what not. And I'd wanna see purty graphics too, maxed out capabilities of the system! ;)

Yeah, that's the thing, I've been trying to get him to stand by his stated intentions of leaving, but he reneged (to nobody's surprise); seems we'll be stuck with the manic loon for the foreseeable future, and if he really is Nintega, well, we've been stuck with his psycho love/hate obsession with PCEFX for YEARS!

Desh

« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2014, 04:59:09 PM »
Just picked up this bad boy at CCAG.

Thanks to everyone who came to see us and spend time talking turbo and/or 3-d printing :)
Like Arkhan said, cards go to the protocard buyers first - without them, there would be no abcards.
Now that we know roughly what percentage to make pce and tgx, we can get started on a general release. Until then, we hope to see what people think of them :)

Awesome work!  I didn't get a chance to meet you but I talked with Arkhan for a minute.  I had no idea you guys were in Ohio, that's awesome.  I'm in Toledo and Turbo stuff is non-existant around here.  I only ever see it when I go to the east side of the state. 

Medic_wheat

« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2014, 05:00:29 PM »
The fact that new games are being released for not only NEC hardware but, all old consoles in general is so sweet.  This could have been the worst game ever created and I still would have bought it, just for the admiration I have for the people putting the blood, sweat and tears into stuff like this.

That's noble enough. There's no offense meant here, it just looks like a game I would not care to play. I'm not gonna act like a blind fan boy as apparently Tommy/Nintega thinks that I should. What would get my interest would be something like say a SSS/Raiden-type shooter and what not. And I'd wanna see purty graphics too, maxed out capabilities of the system! ;)

Yeah, that's the thing, I've been trying to get him to stand by his stated intentions of leaving, but he reneged (to nobody's surprise); seems we'll be stuck with the manic loon for the foreseeable future, and if he really is Nintega, well, we've been stuck with his psycho love/hate obsession with PCEFX for YEARS!

Makes me think of the "toy hunter" Star wars forum feasco.

For those not aware toy hunter is a show where a semi anoying guy buys up vintage toys as a reseller and flips them (soon I foresee a video game version as we even have a comic book versn of this show) pawn stars spin offs HO!!!..

Well this guy got a hold f two mint on card 12 pack original Starwars figures which he got graded and sold for a tidy profit.

Well between the grading and selling he asked a fan or friend to go n various forums that are fan run for collectors of Starwars stuff and get a pulse on pricing. 

Well it ending in a tommy eque failover with ratings from a underage girl or so everyone thought who the host of toy hater was trying to help and or groom to become a toy reseller as a payed intern. 

Well it turns out the girl wasn't a girl.  But a long time star wars troll forum user who was a middle aged guy with possible mental health issues portraying himself as a young girl and spent years trolling the host f the show BEFORE he even got the show but was a simple reseller at conventions through the computer who pretended to be a girl and gained his trust. 

So yeah.  ..... Tommy feels liks a similar entity all together.

Ayce

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2014, 05:16:31 PM »
Well, it's only taken me more than 2 decades but I finally got my CD attachment. Just picked it up today

NightWolve

« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2014, 05:23:18 PM »
I see a blue RCA plug there, so looks like it had YPbPr/Component mod work done on it to boot ?

ifkz

« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2014, 07:48:30 PM »
Well, it's only taken me more than 2 decades but I finally got my CD attachment. Just picked it up today

That's great!  What are the first games you plan to get after waiting for so long to find the CD system?  You will be able to play anything with the 3.0 card, great planning.
THANKS TO ALL PCEfx members who have helped fix my hardware and add to my games library!  What a thrill!