Author Topic: 'Collectards' and the state of the classic gaming hobby  (Read 2541 times)

jeffhlewis

Re: 'Collectards' and the state of the classic gaming hobby
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2015, 01:11:53 PM »
While working the Windy Gaming booth this weekend at VGS, someone actually asked us "Are repros rare?"

seieienbu

« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2015, 01:59:14 PM »
Dracula X was pretty consistently $100 on ebay for years.  I recall it dipping to around $80 or $90 on ebay right after the PSP re-release but time caught up and now it's more expensive than ever.  Last year I bought it and 4 other games from someone on here for $150.  I could've paid $120 for it solo but that was about $20 more than I  wanted to spend.  I figured I'd buy a few others and ended up happy with the total sale.  Yes it's an excellent game but as it kept going up in price I couldn't see the point in buying a legit copy on  its own. 

Current ebay rates seem to be pushing $200 which is twice as much as I would want to spend on it.  I've often wondered about this game in particular how many copies were sold in Japan and how many of Those copies got shipped around the world out of the country.  Dracula X is in an interesting scenario due to its continued popularity since it's release.  That kept the price high due to people actually having demand to play the game.  As recently nearly everything turbo/pc engine related has gone up in price, Dracula X has finally gone up in price as well.  The price will likely continue to rise as well due to the fact that everything PC Engine is becoming more expensive and it's like, just about the only game on the platform that most people know about. 
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

wildfruit

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2015, 10:02:43 AM »
well if anyone comes across a reasonably priced copy and you don't need it yourself let me know $80usd is just over £50gbp so not too bad at that price

Dicer

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2015, 10:07:11 AM »
I have a friend that is a "hybrid" collectard, he will collect so much, but he also will pull it off the shelf and actually play it. His overall collection is quite impressive, as he usually insists on having everything complete.

Idk myself as long as I can play something I love I don't care what shape it's in as long as it works.