Author Topic: Turbografx-16 & PC-Engine Reproduction Hucards & Cases Now for Sale!!!!  (Read 22179 times)

TheOldMan

Re: Turbografx-16 & PC-Engine Reproduction Hucards Now for Sale!!!!
« Reply #165 on: May 15, 2016, 06:33:51 PM »
as far as trace routing, that was mostly done by hand

You have more patience than I do.
I just turned the chip.

thesteve

« Reply #166 on: May 15, 2016, 08:04:06 PM »
the router was doing strange things, and couldnt seem to get all the pins routed due to the excessive routs it was using
the flex region mod was worse to route as its an extremely small board and auto was butchering it

turbokon

« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2016, 03:34:42 AM »
We already have bonknut permission to release megaman 1 & 2 on our cards.  We would love to be able to work with more homebrewers.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2016, 04:50:39 AM »
Thoughts from the corn field -

Price:  $45 does seem kinda high for a boot, but only an idiot (or a frenchman) would say it's analogous to Tobias's situation.  Turbokon isn't acting like they're legitimate releases, he's not selling translations without permission, and his markup is much less even though he has actual work going into each unit.  What're the raw material costs?  Selling ~$10 in parts (plus labor) for $45 is nowhere near as bad as buying a $2 disc and selling it for $30-40.  If you don't like the price, don't buy; it's not going to drive away homebrewers or translators or otherwise effect you in any way.

Cart Design:  Unless turbokon's cards are using the exact same layout as ichigobankai's, I don't see how it's theft.  Neither is entirely original, using the same basic premise as original games, Chinese boots from back in the day, etc.

Packaging:  I don't particularly care for the cases, as I'd much rather have an original style case, but I'd hardly say they look like crap.... and I sure as shit ain't going to bitch about price while advocating for a pricey and less durable cardboard box.

Repros vs. Homebrew Only:  Only naive, foolish, and/or mildly retarded people would confuse these for originals, so who cares?  Except for Tom's MegaMan, every single pic I've seen of ichigobankai's hueys (any version) has been repros of commercial games as well, but that must be okay because he's french or something.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

shubibiman

« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2016, 05:31:59 AM »
The thing is that Ichigo doesn't sell his cards with games in them. And he sold them for about 2$ each. Every buyer is free to install the game he wants. That's a pretty big different, isn't it ?

Of course, I guess you've decided that as a Frenchman I'll be wrong whatever I say. But mark my words : one day or another, these repros will be sold as "reissues" with a much higher price tag (even if not by Turbokon). I was really naive back in 2005 when I bought repros of Sapphire to Tobias.

Anyway...
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

turbokon

Turbografx-16 & PC-Engine Reproduction Hucards Now for Sale!!!!
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2016, 05:53:48 AM »
The thing is that Ichigo doesn't sell his cards with games in them. And he sold them for about 2$ each. Every buyer is free to install the game he wants. That's a pretty big different, isn't it ?

Of course, I guess you've decided that as a Frenchman I'll be wrong whatever I say. But mark my words : one day or another, these repros will be sold as "reissues" with a much higher price tag (even if not by Turbokon). I was really naive back in 2005 when I bought repros of Sapphire to Tobias.

Anyway...

$2 each just for the card.  A little more for the black card.  Doesn't include the eeprom and the back mask neither.  Yeah pretty big difference I would say...

The true scambags are those that will try to resell these at a way higher price.  There is always is.  In fact we already catch one guy trying to and that person has already been blacklist.  One way we can combat this kind of thing is to flood the market.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:08:50 AM by turbokon »

www.tg16pcemods.com

shubibiman

« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2016, 07:23:44 AM »
 :-"

NightWolve

« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2016, 07:40:38 AM »
Ok Turbokon. So you just steal someone else's work and then you sell fake games 45$. Do you have the licence for that or are you just gonna be one of those "PCE memories" scumbags ?

Oh snap! Had to happen sooner or later in this thread!

The true scambags are those that will try to resell these at a way higher price.  There is always is.  In fact we already catch one guy trying to and that person has already been blacklist.  One way we can combat this kind of thing is to flood the market.

Oh wow, you had a crazed reseller in the group just waiting to snatch one up! Impressive!!! No time wasted whatsoever!

So from $45, buy low, to $1,500, sell high... Heh.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2016, 08:11:08 AM »
The thing is that Ichigo doesn't sell his cards with games in them.

Regardless, they're marketed as a way to make repros.  The risk of them being sold as originals is the same.

And he sold them for about 2$ each..... That's a pretty big different, isn't it?

Not here he didn't.  They're $3.80 - $8 each depending on color, quantity, and eeprom.

In any case, his price is only drastically cheaper on the surface.  Once you factor in the cost of paying someone to assemble the card, flash it, provide a case, etc., the differential is much smaller.

Every buyer is free to install the game he wants.

And Turbokon will burn whatever game you want, so I fail to see your point.  Either way, boots of commercial games are going to be made far more often than copies of Santalantean, Tongueman's Logic, etc.

Of course, I guess you've decided that as a Frenchman I'll be wrong whatever I say.

True, but in this case you're doubly wrong because you're reasoning is illogical and seemingly biased.

But mark my words : one day or another, these repros will be sold as "reissues" with a much higher price tag (even if not by Turbokon). I was really naive back in 2005 when I bought repros of Sapphire to Tobias.

I'm sure they will be (as will ichigobankai's), but how is that Turbokon's fault?  Are Sparky, Jodi, etc. a$$holes because people have used their repro goods to net better prices?  Or how 'bout BMW and Bernie?  I'm sure it's their fault that a few jerks took their nigh free booties and flipped them for 10x as much, right?

shubibiman

« Reply #174 on: May 16, 2016, 08:28:46 AM »
So if all this is OK, then I guess there will be no more whining about Tobias' "PCE works" ?

You don't have money to play Magical Chase on real hardware ? Get yourself a flashcard and don't try to pretend you own a "rarez" game.

As I've already said : these repros are perfect for homebrewers.

You say my reasoning is illogical. What I say is : whatever you do in terms of "repros", it will always end up like in that ebay listing. Repros always end up with stories of scambags trying to gouge buyers. I don't say it's Turbokon's fault but if you want the PCE scene to become as messy and full of bullcrap as the Neogeo scene, then ok; that's up to you.

But next time you criticise "PCE works", I'll be pleased to remind you what you're saying now about these repros.

Black Tiger

« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2016, 09:14:03 AM »
So if all this is OK, then I guess there will be no more whining about Tobias' "PCE works" ?

You don't have money to play Magical Chase on real hardware ? Get yourself a flashcard and don't try to pretend you own a "rarez" game.

As I've already said : these repros are perfect for homebrewers.

You say my reasoning is illogical. What I say is : whatever you do in terms of "repros", it will always end up like in that ebay listing. Repros always end up with stories of scambags trying to gouge buyers. I don't say it's Turbokon's fault but if you want the PCE scene to become as messy and full of bullcrap as the Neogeo scene, then ok; that's up to you.

But next time you criticise "PCE works", I'll be pleased to remind you what you're saying now about these repros.

I agree with the principles of many of your points, but you've yet to be critical of ichigobankai, who made many bootlegs and facilitated the existence of lots of bootlegs with his product that he markets for that very reason. You posted some of his pirated games yourself as "the real" bootlegs.

As I've said, these are not for me, but I may be interested in having some homebrew copies made in the future for the novelty of it. As long as the authors are cool with it.

Tobias has a long history of scams and various actiobs which have offended different people in different ways. If you read any discussions about him on here, you'll slways find people saying how what he's doing would be fine... if it weren't for all of thise ither issues.
Maybe these bootlegs will run into similar probkems. They've already offended you quite a bit.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Warhol

« Reply #176 on: May 16, 2016, 09:17:23 AM »
+1 Shubi

What's the difference betwen the Turbokon - which mean "very very dumb in french", funny coincidence? - 's Magical Chase and the PCE Memories Dracula X? None.

So we have to consider both the same way.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:19:03 AM by Warhol »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2016, 09:25:58 AM »

As I've already said, there's more to hating Tobias than just his prices.  If you have to ignore his lies and the damage he's done to the translation scene to make your argument, you've got nothing.

And I again ask: why are you giving a free pass to ichigobankai and his "true, genuine repro hucards" (whatever that means).  Is it just because he's French?  We both know that almost all of his hueys will be made into repros, causing just as much harm to the PCE scene as anything else.

turbokon

« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2016, 09:33:30 AM »
+1 Shubi

What's the difference betwen the Turbokon - which mean "very very dumb in french", funny coincidence? - 's Magical Chase and the PCE Memories Dracula X? None.

So we have to consider both the same way.

Now this is funny, rolling on laughing floor.

www.tg16pcemods.com

shubibiman

« Reply #179 on: May 16, 2016, 09:59:36 AM »
As I've already said, there's more to hating Tobias than just his prices.  If you have to ignore his lies and the damage he's done to the translation scene to make your argument, you've got nothing.

Well, I don't ignore that. I perfectly know what Tobias has done to the translation scene. I personnally have translated a few PCE games and I'd be really pissed off to see someone make money out of a work I've done for free.

Kudos to Turbokon for asking Bonknuts the authorization to produce repros of some of his work. But still, if Turbokon was to sell them 45$ each, that'd still be making money out of someone else's work. I wouldn't believe you if you told me that you're not making profit by selling repros 45$ each.

And I again ask: why are you giving a free pass to ichigobankai and his "true, genuine repro hucards" (whatever that means).  Is it just because he's French?  We both know that almost all of his hueys will be made into repros, causing just as much harm to the PCE scene as anything else.

I'm not giving a free pass to Ichogobankai. To me, there's a huge difference between creating something from scratch and borrowing someone else's work, even if you need the skill and knowledge to be able to upgrade it.

Ichigobankai is not making any profit by selling his hucards. The pictures I've shown are not pictures that have been sold in the wild for, say, 45$.

Moreover, even if Turbokon's cards don't look like the real thing, they're really much closer.

And yeah, there's a big difference between selling cards with nothing on them 2$ and selling repros 45$. I guess it's a kind of cultural gap.

But I really want to remind that I'd be very pleased to buy some obey homebrew for 50 or even 60$ if it was to be released on such cards (even in a VHS looking box  :lol: ).