Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25409 times)

TheClash603

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #570 on: August 16, 2017, 11:26:16 AM »
HCG said they will be on terrible shape if stock sits.  When pressing a game, doesn't the price per unit decrease as the order increases?  Or is that only for DIY crusty punks putting out albums on CD and not applicable for games where royalties are considered?

Also, even if there was no preorder, would a poll for interest help to determine the number of games to order?  Sure not all people will order if they say they will on a poll, but it should be a good indicator if the game is a 12,000 or 3,000 run type of release.

jtucci31

« Reply #571 on: August 16, 2017, 01:14:12 PM »
Wait I'm confused. Wasn't Ys VIiI already coming out in NA? Thought some pre orders went up on Amazon not too long ago.

Gypsy

« Reply #572 on: August 16, 2017, 02:15:32 PM »
Wait I'm confused. Wasn't Ys VIiI already coming out in NA? Thought some pre orders went up on Amazon not too long ago.

Sorry my post was dumb and confusing, I'll go edit it now. NISA has VIII, wide release. LRG has Origins.

bartre

« Reply #573 on: August 20, 2017, 05:55:25 PM »
It is currently 11:54PM Sunday night here in robot hell.
N++ still hasn't sold out, and has had the limits off for at least a day.

this is good to see.

TR0N

« Reply #574 on: August 20, 2017, 07:49:04 PM »
What HCG thinks but i still think LRG business practices stink  :P

This dude, I've never really had issues with him but at this point:
https://youtu.be/gFF_K5gDYEc?t=284

~"If they made like 5000 copies of Ys Origin they'd be stuck with a lot of copies"

That seems like the most uninformed thing I have ever heard.  Ys is no Final Fantasy, but the recognition of the series is much larger than I think he believes. 

That's for sure the series has more attention then it use to.I don't know if i'll bother with,LRG release of Ys Origin i may just go with play-asia instead.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #575 on: August 21, 2017, 02:53:16 AM »
They said for Ys Origin that they're going to do something different where 'everyone that wants a copy will get a copy'.  I've not heard specifics yet, but that sounds like a pre-order.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gypsy

« Reply #576 on: August 21, 2017, 06:24:12 AM »
They said for Ys Origin that they're going to do something different where 'everyone that wants a copy will get a copy'.  I've not heard specifics yet, but that sounds like a pre-order.

They sure f*cking should. But...I'll believe it when I see it.

bartre

« Reply #577 on: August 21, 2017, 08:39:46 AM »

God I hope so.
i'd really like the game from them, but like hell I'll pay a scalper.
I'd be slightly less happy with a PA copy.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #578 on: August 21, 2017, 11:27:59 AM »
We've heard your feedback after Wonder Boy and Night Trap and for the first time since our Skullgirls run in 2015 - Ys Origin will be sold as a preorder and be manufactured to demand. The Collector's Edition will be limited to just 3,000 copies per platform, but the standard edition will be open to order for a full 24-hour window. After 24 hours pass, orders will close.

Sounds great to me; I hope it's a rousing success so that they decide to do it for more games in the future.

P.S. - The other game (Asdivine Hearts) is a normal release with 3800 copies per system.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #579 on: August 21, 2017, 12:34:10 PM »
Well sounds like a vita pick up for me.

Anyone know if the vita psn download works for the PS Tv?

TR0N

« Reply #580 on: August 21, 2017, 07:56:40 PM »
I got the e-mail from they will be taking preorders this time for Ys Origin PS4&Vita version.This i might go with it,don't know yet but orders for it are this friday.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

schweaty

« Reply #581 on: August 22, 2017, 01:59:00 AM »
If anyone can answer medics question about ps tv compatibility for Ys, I'd like to know as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #582 on: August 22, 2017, 02:58:45 AM »
Unless it's been patched since launch, it's not PSTV compatible.  :cry:

Johnpv

« Reply #583 on: August 22, 2017, 09:38:09 AM »
If anyone can answer medics question about ps tv compatibility for Ys, I'd like to know as well.

I just tried it again this weekend and Ys Origin does not work on a stock PS TV.  If yours is hacked you can force the whitelist to have it and it'll work cause there's like no touch screen stuff, but stock it won't work.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #584 on: August 22, 2017, 10:35:46 AM »

I just tried it again this weekend and Ys Origin does not work on a stock PS TV.  If yours is hacked you can force the whitelist to have it and it'll work cause there's like no touch screen stuff, but stock it won't work.

Thank you for checking.

Since it now pre-order teritory maybe LRG can be petitioned to request a patch for ps tv play.