Author Topic: $200 Magical Chase on eBay - what a deal lol  (Read 2450 times)

xelement5x

Re: $200 Magical Chase on eBay - what a deal lol
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2016, 09:13:26 AM »
Therein lies the key problem with this hobby now.  You really can't sell anything cheap anymore.  If you offer something at a good price there's a good chance someone will flip it.  Too many greedy vultures these days.  It's not a hobby anymore, it's a business.  When I saw someone use the term "Professional Collector" on Facebook I knew the hobby was done.

Lol, I saw that asshat on the Obey group as well. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

NightWolve

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2016, 09:58:58 AM »
Answer, it's simple, on each repro print the price and web address on where it can be bought. problem solved.
Then after that, anyone that pays a premium price if it's resold on eBay or whatever is so dumb they deserve to lose money.

That's not a bad idea.

bob

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 10:03:34 AM »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2016, 10:08:34 AM »
With a near identical description.  :-k
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2016, 10:08:38 AM »
What will stop this is you guys selling directly through eBay.

Gypsy

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2016, 10:10:01 AM »
When I saw someone use the term "Professional Collector" on Facebook I knew the hobby was done.

Woof. What in the actual f*ck?

blueraven

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 10:10:20 AM »
I agree.

And also with Necro's comment, that even if it's done there will still be people dumb enough to pay $200.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Sadler

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 10:18:30 AM »
Therein lies the key problem with this hobby now.  You really can't sell anything cheap anymore.  If you offer something at a good price there's a good chance someone will flip it.  Too many greedy vultures these days.  It's not a hobby anymore, it's a business.  When I saw someone use the term "Professional Collector" on Facebook I knew the hobby was done.

I can't remember if I've asked this before, but what is this hobby to you guys? To me it's about playing games I grew up with, learning things I never knew about the systems I grew up with and occasionally kicking it with people who enjoy the same (side note: we should kick it again! :D ). People spending lots on a repro or anything else, calling themselves a professional collector or whatever just doesn't factor into the equation. I just don't care. Maybe I'd care more if I was on the FB groups. :) I just want to get all nostalgic and nerd out with folks that actually know what the TG16 is.

Vimtoman

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2016, 10:23:08 AM »
Reprints of Cd's and repro's of hucards from this forum are bound to filter out and be sold online.

Whats all the fuss?

If it's such an issue then they should not be offered here.

It's the only way to stay squeaky clean. :-&

Gypsy

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2016, 10:32:00 AM »

I can't remember if I've asked this before, but what is this hobby to you guys? To me it's about playing games I grew up with, learning things I never knew about the systems I grew up with and occasionally kicking it with people who enjoy the same (side note: we should kick it again! :D ). People spending lots on a repro or anything else, calling themselves a professional collector or whatever just doesn't factor into the equation. I just don't care. Maybe I'd care more if I was on the FB groups. :) I just want to get all nostalgic and nerd out with folks that actually know what the TG16 is.

For me it's about relaxing/escaping and playing games with friends.

xelement5x

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2016, 10:50:33 AM »

Well I guess I should say it's not necessarily the hobby that's getting bad (except in terms of higher prices) but more the way that many newer folks in the community are acting.  To me it's always about getting to play/replay fun games when I can.  The goal is not always collecting, but having a library of titles that I want to play and enjoy. 

Obviously I could just use CDRs and Everdrives for the whole thing and never need to "collect" anything but I suppose there's a fun aspect to being able to look through what I've got and decide on what to play for the evening and go from there instead of just scrolling through a ROM list.  I can't say I'm not a collector (or collectard) as well either, who else out there has a complete Pico collection.  But seeing the "professional collector" makes me envision a profiteer with no desire to even enjoy the games, just collect them and put them on shelves. 

Also, picture from FB :P
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Zero_Gamer

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2016, 10:57:02 AM »
Dat bitch is bout ta make it rain

Sadler

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2016, 11:15:47 AM »
Well I guess I should say it's not necessarily the hobby that's getting bad (except in terms of higher prices) but more the way that many newer folks in the community are acting.  To me it's always about getting to play/replay fun games when I can.  The goal is not always collecting, but having a library of titles that I want to play and enjoy. 

Obviously I could just use CDRs and Everdrives for the whole thing and never need to "collect" anything but I suppose there's a fun aspect to being able to look through what I've got and decide on what to play for the evening and go from there instead of just scrolling through a ROM list.  I can't say I'm not a collector (or collectard) as well either, who else out there has a complete Pico collection.  But seeing the "professional collector" makes me envision a profiteer with no desire to even enjoy the games, just collect them and put them on shelves. 

Also, picture from FB :P

Yeah, fair enough. As you know, I'm all about having original stuff. I love fondling boxes, reading manuals, etc. :D I guess I mostly feel that way about TG16 stuff though, so I'm not too upset if I'll never afford all the SNES (or whatever) games I wish I had. I feel like, to me, the larger enjoyment is stuff I listed above. Those Atari games for the TG16 someone posted youtube vids of a few weeks ago far outweighs my inability to find Contra III for a reasonable price. :D

As for the pic, someone get that man a phone charger quick! :shock:

Marto_Jo-ing

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2016, 11:22:51 AM »
Heh, support the Stop the Collectard/Fliptard Foundation.

Now who's gonna post one up with pseudo VGA grading and certificate of fake authenticity?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles