Author Topic: Got a 32x...  (Read 2557 times)

BigusSchmuck

Got a 32x...
« on: October 27, 2017, 03:43:38 AM »
Got a good deal for a 32x at PRGE this year ($20 from Castlemania games!) and looking for some games for it. I heard that Space Harrier and Afterburner are good arcade ports, but are there any other games worthwhile on the system? I see stinkbay has Kolibri, Tempo, and Knuckles Chaotix but those look rather pricey...

crazydean

Re: Got a 32x...
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 03:54:44 AM »
I'm sorry for your loss...

I wish I could help but I never found anything good on it.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Bloufo

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 04:03:40 AM »
- Blackthorne
- Tempo
- Shadow Squadron
- Star Wars Arcade
- Virtua Racing
-Virtua Fighter
-Space Harrier
-After Burner

I would have said Chaotix, but personally not my thing. Like a stubborn dog on a leash.

Kolibri is also rated as amongst the better games for the system. But I never know wtf I'm supposed to be doing.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:05:29 AM by Bloufo »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 04:04:29 AM »
Get an everdrive and play them all that way.   

None of the games are particularly fantastic.

They're all mediocre to slightly above mediocre.   Unless you can find them for like 5$ its not worth it, and the games you want to play are Blackthorn, and Kolibri, and they are both 80$+ or some shit
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 04:30:28 AM »
https://imgur.com/gallery/U4S1H

Not saying this is all there is to play/enjoy on the 32X. This is just what I have so far.

Lost Monkey

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 04:47:48 AM »
Virtua Fighter is good, but, there are better ports out there (Saturn)... Mortal Kombat II is a pretty good port, but it is still MKII.  Doom is severely handicapped.  Virtua Racing is 'ok', again, there is a better port on Saturn.

I found Chaotix to be annoying.

Can't really recommend anything - I came to the conclusion I didn't need a 32X any longer several years ago and have never regretted selling it.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 05:00:10 AM »
Virtua Fighter is good, but, there are better ports out there (Saturn)... Mortal Kombat II is a pretty good port, but it is still MKII.  Doom is severely handicapped.  Virtua Racing is 'ok', again, there is a better port on Saturn.

I found Chaotix to be annoying.

Can't really recommend anything - I came to the conclusion I didn't need a 32X any longer several years ago and have never regretted selling it.

I got my 32x cheap with a ton of games.

I sold all the games including Kolibri

... Shove an everdrive in that bitch, play the same dumpster fire library, aw.

yeah.

Shadow Squadron was coolish.

so was WWF, but it's nothing spectacular really.   

xelement5x

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2017, 05:36:15 AM »
Get an everdrive and play them all that way.   

This is the best route starting out, then you can also try out stuff like Darxide.

Space Harrier 32X is awesome, and Kolibri is also fun.  I also like Metal Head personally.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

SignOfZeta

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2017, 06:05:31 AM »
The only thing I ever enjoyed were the Sega ports which IIRC were very good but there are way more ways to play even better versions now so it’s not that impressive in this area anymore.

Was Chaotix the first sucky Sonic game? That would be the ultimate sucky dumb thing about the 32X if that’s true. :)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2017, 07:56:47 AM »
Chaotix isn't bad it's just not a sonic really because you're playing push me pull you and shit.

Metal Head and stuff aren't that great compared to just playing Battle Corps on Sega CD

I'd say the best games to play are probably Blackthorn, Kolibri, and licking the power cord while the other ends plugged in

Black Tiger

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2017, 08:08:52 AM »
The only thing I ever enjoyed were the Sega ports which IIRC were very good but there are way more ways to play even better versions now so it’s not that impressive in this area anymore.

Was Chaotix the first sucky Sonic game? That would be the ultimate sucky dumb thing about the 32X if that’s true. :)

There were at least six(?) Sonic-style Sonic games for SMS/GG. Chaos doesn't seem very good or Sonic-like. Sonic fans have such random taste that some praise Chaotix while hating on Sonic CD.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

sirhcman

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2017, 08:34:55 AM »
NBA Jam Tournament Edition is a pretty good port but if you have it for PS1 or Saturn already then I wouldn't bother

TDIRunner

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2017, 09:53:54 AM »
Someone beat me to it, but stick with the Everdrive.  Games like Kolibri, Knuckles, Tempo and Blackthorne are a lot of fun, but not worth the price.  I was lucky enough to get mine when they were still cheap, but I wouldn't pay today's prices. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

SignOfZeta

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 10:33:23 AM »
I think I’ll just recommend an Everdrive. Have you seen these things!?!

HailingTheThings

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 12:41:43 PM »
Tempo, definitely Tempo. Fun. But.... the best game on the console... Spiderman Web of Fire. Get. That. Game.