Author Topic: Super SD System 3  (Read 15569 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: Super SD System 3
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2017, 10:41:26 AM »
Is the chip used in anything non-PCE?

Black Tiger

« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2017, 10:47:10 AM »
Is the chip used in anything non-PCE?

Might more or less be the PC-FX's "soundbox".
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

JAPJAC

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2017, 01:13:26 AM »
JAPJAC`s TFP Fanitsu Capcom Power System CHANGER Definitive Resource is the first extensive and only competent expose in English on-line is here!:

(Under the TFP Features section):

http://www.japjac.proboards.com/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:35:19 AM by JAPJAC »

Black Tiger

« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2017, 05:32:13 AM »
I realized today that we're inevitably going to have people demanding a dummy HuCard to fill the slot while using the Super SD System 3. There will be equal parts cosmetic and dust protection excuses offered.

I think that Stoneage Gamer will be the first to produce one, since there isn't any way to deface the device itself with their gaudy logo and justify a big premium.

Maybe they'll print a shockbox insert and include a "custom" case to store the SSS3 in?

esteban

« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2017, 06:14:08 AM »
I realized today that we're inevitably going to have people demanding a dummy HuCard to fill the slot while using the Super SD System 3. There will be equal parts cosmetic and dust protection excuses offered.

I think that Stoneage Gamer will be the first to produce one, since there isn't any way to deface the device itself with their gaudy logo and justify a big premium.

Maybe they'll print a shockbox insert and include a "custom" case to store the SSS3 in?

This is so goddamn true I sprayed coffee out of my nose just now.

Damn.

Where are the paper towels?
  |    | 

Gypsy

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2017, 07:17:31 AM »
Funny and sad. Also it will probably happen.

tbone3969

« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2017, 07:21:27 AM »
Just stick a random huey in it.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Black Tiger

« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2017, 08:48:22 AM »

The random huey will be played instead of the SSS3. You could stick in an Arcade Card and maybe even the System 3 card and still play <ACD games isos. But you'd still have to pull it out to play HuCard roms.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2017, 08:52:53 AM »
I've bought all my flash carts from Stone Age Gamer. They gave me a free SD2SNES for creating SNES bitbox covers. I "purchased" it for free through the site, which also earned a bunch of tickets, which I've been rolling forward ever since.

Edit: SAG has given me great customer service and warranties everything, I plan on waiting to buy SSD3 when they carry it as a US retailer, rather than deal with international payment problems.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:11:14 AM by Gentlegamer »

tbone3969

« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2017, 09:10:50 AM »

The random huey will be played instead of the SSS3. You could stick in an Arcade Card and maybe even the System 3 card and still play <ACD games isos. But you'd still have to pull it out to play HuCard roms.

I see.  Hmmmmm.........
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

crazydean

« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »

Lol. TBH, I'd say that something to keep the dust out might be a good idea. It's why nearly all consoles have a dust flap or cover of some sort. Even the Duo has a cool cover that flips up.

I could be talking out of my ass. You could just clean the contacts with some rubbing alcohol. Is there a consensus about permanent deterioration on raw contacts?
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Black Tiger

« Reply #101 on: December 18, 2017, 03:45:51 AM »
I don't think that a HuCard shaped dust blocker is a bad idea in itself, but the SSS3 has been plagued by whiners coming out of the woodwork with all kinds of crazy complaints and demands.

I'd just file off the pins of a dead HuCard myself, but even HuCards leave a crack for dust to potentially get in.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:06:53 AM by Black Tiger »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: December 18, 2017, 04:38:49 AM »
I'd not worry about dust.  Play at least one real game every couple of weeks and problem solved.

Or get a Shuttle*.  They look cool and have a dust cover.

* - I know they have a different expansion bus an probably won't work with this thing, but don't let logic ruin a perfectly silly suggestion.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:40:22 AM by Necromancer »
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

nopepper

« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2017, 05:22:04 AM »
I don't think that a HuCard shaped dust blocker is a bad idea in itself, but the SSS3 has been plagued by whiners coming out of the woodwork with all kinds of crazy complaints and demands.

The Trojan HuCard Dust Blocker.

Protect your system from impurities.

The Magnum Edition comes with case and manual.

esteban

« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2017, 11:01:41 AM »

I'd just file off the pins of a dead HuCard myself, but even HuCards leave a crack for dust to potentially get it.

My dust cover = an old pair of rayon TG-16 socks.

:)
  |    |