Author Topic: Super SD System 3  (Read 15366 times)

synbiosfan

Re: Super SD System 3
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2017, 02:05:01 PM »
I bought one for my SuperGrafx but I'll keep my Duo-R for homebrews.

Best of both worlds.

Keith Courage

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2017, 03:06:15 PM »
I wonder how they got around the legality of being able to include the CD ROM bios files?

imparanoic

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2017, 05:17:15 PM »
it would nice to see a super sd system 3 plus with hdmi output and digital audio output, but maybe i asking for too much?

ccovell

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2017, 05:30:35 PM »
I wonder how they got around the legality of being able to include the CD ROM bios files?
You put it on your SD card and choose it from the menu.  I recommend watching that lengthy video that was linked to on the neogeo forum.

Keith Courage

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2017, 05:58:04 PM »
You put it on your SD card and choose it from the menu.  I recommend watching that lengthy video that was linked to on the neogeo forum.

Well on the back of the box it says (Built-in System cards for CD-rom2, Super CD-rom2, and Arcade CD rom2). Well at least the ad of the box. Who knows what it will say on the real thing.

Built-in doesn't mean downloading the CD bios yourself. Maybe they just messed up on the ad.
https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/img/p/1/0/6/106.jpg

This picture also claims a Built in Arcade card.
https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/img/p/1/0/5/105.jpg

Sweet looking device nevertheless.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:21:17 PM by Keith Courage »

touko

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2017, 02:42:03 AM »
I bought one for my SuperGrafx but I'll keep my Duo-R for homebrews.

Best of both worlds.
Yeah, i'am very interested for my SGX too, i'am expecting this device to be very useful for my future SGX developments(mainly scdrom²+AC),coupled with the ccovell's PCEmon to have a very good devkit system..
Can you doing some feedbacks when you'll receive it ??
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:44:03 AM by touko »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2017, 03:03:07 AM »

Got around it or just didn't care?  The odds of anyone suing are looooooong.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

pixeljunkie

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2017, 03:20:20 AM »

pretty sure you have to add those yourself? I don't think they come loaded

Black Tiger

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2017, 03:34:32 AM »

pretty sure you have to add those yourself? I don't think they come loaded

If so, it would explain how they got Games Express CDs to work.

They've been pretty determined to avoid using anyone else's work, aside from some Neo Geo logos, so I expected that something like this woukd require setting up rom images of the various system cards.

But the packaging makes ut sound like it's ready to play disc images rught out of the box.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

JAPJAC

« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2017, 10:04:09 AM »
JAPJAC`s TFP Fanitsu Capcom Power System CHANGER Definitive Resource is the first extensive and only competent expose in English on-line is here!:

(Under the TFP Features section):

http://www.japjac.proboards.com/
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:37:16 AM by JAPJAC »

Black Tiger

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2017, 10:26:33 AM »
Mint, but would be proper mint if AV was binned and the lot went into the card slot.  As is, it makes the Whengine look horrendous.

If what Sam says is true, it's providing the only method to record proper 60fps video. That would be worth buying for alone.

And by not messing with the cart slot, it hopefully won't add buzzing and static sounds like the Everdrives do.

SamIAm

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2017, 11:22:15 AM »
If what Sam says is true, it's providing the only method to record proper 60fps video. That would be worth buying for alone.

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I meant that restoring this pulse wouldn't cause an incompatibility like you mention. I don't think it would fix it.

Black Tiger

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2017, 12:24:39 PM »

I'm sorry, I misunderstood you. I meant that restoring this pulse wouldn't cause an incompatibility like you mention. I don't think it would fix it.

That's cool, I still think that this thing is a better deal than most PC Engine products new and old.

Just completed an order for one. Much easier this time after setting up text alerts from my bank, back when I had to call to authorize my neosd purchase.

It took a long time for my neosd to arrive, so I opted for 3 - 5 shipping by UPS, even though they are going to gouge me for customs charges and an outrageous "handling fee".

I'll let everyone know how it runs with the kinds of games and tests people here would be interested in, instead of the random games people have tested so far.  Like trying Sapphire instead of Strider, bicompatible CD/SCD and SCD/ACD games, CD system warnings, Tennokoe Bank and Memory Base/Save Kun, Games Express, sound roms, Human HuCards, Altered Beast CD, fmv streaming, load time comparisons with my okay IFU combo and lightning fast refurbed Duo, RGB picture and sound comparisons, etc.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2017, 01:12:12 PM »
Terraonion should have sent Black Tiger one to review for free.

RNSpeed

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2017, 01:58:35 PM »
Damn! Tempted already