Author Topic: Super Nt  (Read 3373 times)

seieienbu

Re: Super Nt
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 09:21:59 PM »
will a higher res golden eye really make it any better?

I didn't like Golden Eye when it was new.  I certainly don't want to play it today.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

nopepper

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 07:09:57 AM »
Still bothers me that these guys are charging $30 for shipping this little unit. Add to that the cost of the controller (if you decide to go that way), and we are talking about 260 bucks.

For that, you can buy a non 1chip with an RGB cable and an OSSC, which will also allow you to use a Genesis, Saturn, Neo Geo, PSX, PS2, etc. through HDMI, out of the box. If you already have a SNES, it makes even less sense to go through this as opposed to just spending the money on the OSSC and an RGB cable. Not to mention you are playing the real thing and not have to deal with the growing pains of something that was reverse engineered, regardless of how accurate.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 10:18:10 AM »
until you remember you're playing with the N64 dick-controller

its not a trident.

its a dick.
That "next gen" N64 controller should be coming out soon. From what I've read, it looks good. I may pick one of those up.

Gamecube controllers came out already dude.   Welcome to 2001.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 11:54:36 AM »
I think my order is going to be delivered tomorrow.

And if they come out with a HDMI/RGB our version that’s all metal like the mini I’ll be double dipping.

Gypsy

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2018, 12:31:06 PM »
Still bothers me that these guys are charging $30 for shipping this little unit. Add to that the cost of the controller (if you decide to go that way), and we are talking about 260 bucks.

For that, you can buy a non 1chip with an RGB cable and an OSSC, which will also allow you to use a Genesis, Saturn, Neo Geo, PSX, PS2, etc. through HDMI, out of the box. If you already have a SNES, it makes even less sense to go through this as opposed to just spending the money on the OSSC and an RGB cable. Not to mention you are playing the real thing and not have to deal with the growing pains of something that was reverse engineered, regardless of how accurate.

I get where you are coming from on this however I think the big thing with this is how super easy plug and play it is for the very good results. Just one HDMI cable from the unit to your display. That's it, that's the entire chain. This aspect has an undeniable appeal. If we get to the point where every relevant pre-gen 5 system has an FPGA clone, I might just go that route and shelve all my original consoles tbh.

I've seen comparisons with the OSSC, I couldn't tell you if one is better than the other. Both are excellent.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 12:32:43 PM by Gypsy »

CZroe

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 01:12:36 AM »

SNES + OSSC is notorious for not being compatible with every TV. This is because of the SNES’ 60.09 refresh rate and the OSSC not being equipped to correct it. The Super Nt deals with this using a frame buffer or by changing the speed of the SNES for exactly 60.00hz output (user’s option). The SNES in particular needed something like this and Kevtris/Analogue gave it to us.

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 04:41:32 AM »
until you remember you're playing with the N64 dick-controller

its not a trident.

its a dick.
Actually, it's a tridong.

One prong for the pooper, the middle one for the vag. That leaves the third one for massaging the clit.

Bonus points are achieved when inserting a rumble pack.

FOR HER PLEASURE.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

nopepper

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 05:26:57 AM »
SNES + OSSC is notorious for not being compatible with every TV. This is because of the SNES’ 60.09 refresh rate and the OSSC not being equipped to correct it. The Super Nt deals with this using a frame buffer or by changing the speed of the SNES for exactly 60.00hz output (user’s option). The SNES in particular needed something like this and Kevtris/Analogue gave it to us.

At the expense of lag. I know its not a big deal, but a deal nevertheless.

I'm sure the Super Nt is a banging machine, just wanted to point out the $30 shipping shock that I'm sure will catch potential buyers off guard, plus mention an alternative.

Thankfully, I've not experienced any issues with any of my tvs/monitors and the OSSC/SNES combo, even on 5X.

nopepper

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 05:30:07 AM »

I get where you are coming from on this however I think the big thing with this is how super easy plug and play it is for the very good results. Just one HDMI cable from the unit to your display. That's it, that's the entire chain. This aspect has an undeniable appeal. If we get to the point where every relevant pre-gen 5 system has an FPGA clone, I might just go that route and shelve all my original consoles tbh.

I've seen comparisons with the OSSC, I couldn't tell you if one is better than the other. Both are excellent.

Yeah, the convenience factor definitely makes it enticing, and as I mentioned in another thread, I was ready to buy upon hearing of the reasonable price and wanting to experience one of these FPGA machines. It's just that the shipping leaves a bad taste, as it's obviously a mark up that was done to keep the price at "only" 189...you know, gotta hit that sub 200 magic price.

schweaty

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2018, 01:23:36 AM »
When you consider the Hi Def NES kit is $125 and you have to install it yourself, this is a pretty good deal.  It's the same FPGA programmed by the same guy.  For an extra $65, they are giving you a pretty well made console, product support, returns if necessary, and you don't have to install it. 

I think they have hit a sweet spot with this console that will give them the capital they need to make more consoles in the future.  I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a Genesis in the works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Medic_wheat

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2018, 03:16:08 AM »
When you consider the Hi Def NES kit is $125 and you have to install it yourself, this is a pretty good deal.  It's the same FPGA programmed by the same guy.  For an extra $65, they are giving you a pretty well made console, product support, returns if necessary, and you don't have to install it. 

I think they have hit a sweet spot with this console that will give them the capital they need to make more consoles in the future.  I wouldn't be surprised if they already have a Genesis in the works.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The company has made comment of blast processing in their tweets.

As has Kevtris being sega fan and his desire for blast processing.

Yes they have hit a sweet spot IMO.

Not cheaply made kit

Not overly expensive kit

Right in the middle

It is my assertion Analouge will

Re-entroduce their CMVS as a FPGA with HDMI options.

Re-entroduce the Nt mini with plastic shell

I’d like to see a Genesis FPGA with interval 32X to avoid that gaudy attachment. And Sega CD support as either an external attachment cd drive or to be read off a sd card.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:35:01 AM by Medic_wheat »

Black Tiger

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2018, 04:00:51 AM »
They won't hit the sweet spot until they add an sdcard port.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

schweaty

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2018, 05:07:38 AM »

it has one, but right now its only for firmware updates.  i give it 6 months before kevtris releases a jailbreak or someone else does it.

Gypsy

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2018, 07:23:44 AM »

it has one, but right now its only for firmware updates.  i give it 6 months before kevtris releases a jailbreak or someone else does it.

When this happens I will very likely buy one.

Flare65

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2018, 01:23:53 AM »
I have a Retron 5 and the Snes game that play in it have lag. 

I'd be up for buying one of these systems and a flash/everdrive cart to go with it, but I'm concerned that if I dropped all that money, would I get the same lag experience as the Retron5?

Has anyone noticed any lag just using the flash/everdrive cart on the original hardware?