Author Topic: 98Note adapter hardware video is Up! (PC-98 Paradise)  (Read 6290 times)

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Slayers video is Up! (PC-98 Paradise)
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2023, 06:10:51 PM »
This time I did a video on a game based on the anime "Slayers", and I think you'll find it enjoyable whether you've seen the anime or not.

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Farland Story 3 video is Up! (PC-98 Paradise)
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2023, 06:09:26 PM »
Time for the 3rd Farland Story game. Hope you guys enjoy the video!

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Snatcher video is Up! (PC-88 Paradise)
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2023, 06:09:39 PM »
Here's another one that was on the Turbo! The original version of Snatcher! Lots of mentions of the PCE version in the video too, of course.

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Farland Story 4 video is Up! (PC-88 Paradise)
« Reply #78 on: June 25, 2023, 06:13:19 PM »
I also did the fourth Farland Story game. Please forgive the thumbnail. :)

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Touhou Project video is Up! (PC-98 Paradise)
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2023, 06:42:55 PM »
Whether you've never heard of the series or are a diehard fan, I hope you'll enjoy my video on the very first game in this series of indie shmups!

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Asteka (Falcom) video is Up! (PC-88 Paradise)
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2023, 06:30:15 PM »
New video!

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Super Mario Bros. Special video is Up! (PC-88 Paradise)
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2023, 06:53:54 PM »
Time for another well-known PC-88 title. Here's Super Mario Bros. Special!

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Fray video is Up! (MSX Paradise?!)
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2023, 07:57:40 PM »
This time I'm not doing a PC-88/98 game. It's the next game in the "Xak" series. The original MSX version of "Fray".

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: The Scheme video is Up! (PC-88 Paradise)
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2023, 06:21:39 PM »
An 8bit metroidvania with music by Yuzo Koshiro?! Yes please! Everything you ever wanted to know about "The Scheme" (and more) are included in the video - even the strange indie sequel!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2023, 11:20:29 PM »
I've finally been catching up on these fantastic and fun videos.  I particularly liked the Farland Story ones, as the art style is just lovely, cute, and humorous.

Keep 'em coming!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2023, 03:28:19 AM »
I've finally been catching up on these fantastic and fun videos.  I particularly liked the Farland Story ones, as the art style is just lovely, cute, and humorous.

Keep 'em coming!

Glad to hear you like the Farland Story videos, 'cause it's looking like the long wait for the next one will be over soon!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2023, 05:52:53 AM »
I'm finally all caught up!

Fray looks quite good and compares nicely to the PCE version with which I'm familiar.  The town music sounds close to the PCE's, and that's one of favorite parts of the whole game, but the platform jumping is also similar, and that's just fricking terrible; it's caused soooo many rage quits from me, particularly at the falling logs.  Also, it unfortunately looks like the msx missed out on a strip show from the S&M whip boss...   :-\"

Scheme looks.... um, interesting?  The basic gameplay and design look good, but it also looks unneccesarily difficult, with vague objectives, shoddy controls, and questionable hit detection.  With some polish, though, I bet it'd be pretty darn great, especially if the obvious "borrowing" from other games was turned into more original designs.

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Farland Story 5 video is Up! (PC-88 Paradise)
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2023, 07:34:01 PM »
I'm finally all caught up!

Fray looks quite good and compares nicely to the PCE version with which I'm familiar.  The town music sounds close to the PCE's, and that's one of favorite parts of the whole game, but the platform jumping is also similar, and that's just fricking terrible; it's caused soooo many rage quits from me, particularly at the falling logs.  Also, it unfortunately looks like the msx missed out on a strip show from the S&M whip boss...   :-\"

Scheme looks.... um, interesting?  The basic gameplay and design look good, but it also looks unneccesarily difficult, with vague objectives, shoddy controls, and questionable hit detection.  With some polish, though, I bet it'd be pretty darn great, especially if the obvious "borrowing" from other games was turned into more original designs.

The platforming in Fray for both PCE and the original is terrible in its own unique way depending on which version you play. But, yes, both are terrible.

The Scheme isn't that difficult, and the controls and hit detection are great. Are you perhaps referring to the terrible sequel "Wanderers from Super Scheme" instead? Because then I agree completely with your assessment.

Anyway, here's Farland 5:

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Xanadu (1985) video is Up! (PC-88 Paradise)
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2023, 07:48:09 PM »
Long before "The Legend of Xanadu", came the 1985 classic!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Xanadu (1985) video is Up! (PC-88 Paradise)
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2023, 02:21:55 PM »
Dang, Farland Story 5 sure looks great.  I love the cute art style, and the tunes are sweet (even the midi and cd versions).  Mas tequila!   :pcgs:

Xanadu looks like a rough challenge.  I wouldn't have been happy back in the day, not being able to progress without lots of exploration, experimentation, and luck; even with a guide today, I'd struggle to not get pissed off and toss in the towel.  Thankfully, I can just watch your fun video instead.   :-\"