Author Topic: 98Note adapter hardware video is Up! (PC-98 Paradise)  (Read 6364 times)

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
Re: Xanadu (1985) video is Up! (PC-88 Paradise)
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2023, 10:11:03 AM »
Xanadu looks like a rough challenge. 
I second that notion! The word that comes to mind is _obtuse_. I'm glad Mr. Jakes jumps on the grenade for us on these games! Great vid to watch but, man, I'm never gonna every try to play to completion on them.

I see Basement Bros are on the recent PC-FX Fan Club podcast...looking forward to listening to that.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2023, 09:36:37 PM »
Xanadu looks like a rough challenge. 
I second that notion! The word that comes to mind is _obtuse_. I'm glad Mr. Jakes jumps on the grenade for us on these games! Great vid to watch but, man, I'm never gonna every try to play to completion on them.

I see Basement Bros are on the recent PC-FX Fan Club podcast...looking forward to listening to that.

Glad I could be of help! Indeed, Xanadu was brutal. Quite a learning experience.

And, yes, I was on the PC-FX Fan podcast. I tried my best to stay calm speaking to other PC-FX fans, but got a little too excited right after drinking my morning coffee. Hope the podcast is listenable. :)

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Dead of the Brain video is Up! (PC-98 Paradise)
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2023, 08:26:12 PM »
Here is the PC-98 Paradise Halloween special! Happy Halloween everybody.

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2023, 09:02:17 AM »
And, yes, I was on the PC-FX Fan podcast. I tried my best to stay calm speaking to other PC-FX fans, but got a little too excited right after drinking my morning coffee. Hope the podcast is listenable. :)
You had a perfect balance between the youthful excitement of Ben and monotone bassy Filler. Your knowledge added to the conversation. I enjoyed the episode.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Dead of the Brain video is Up! (PC-98 Paradise)
« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2023, 09:58:02 PM »
Dead o' the Brain looks pretty sweet, especially at this time of year.  I've been wanting to play the PCE version for some time, but I keep waiting (praying) for a translation patch.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2023, 09:20:26 PM »
You had a perfect balance between the youthful excitement of Ben and monotone bassy Filler. Your knowledge added to the conversation. I enjoyed the episode.

Thanks. If I'm ever on another podcast I'll have to try and talk slower and more purposefully though.

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Zeliard video is Up! (PC-88 Paradise)
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2023, 06:29:49 PM »
This time I did Zeliard from Game Arts. Some may remember the English version for MS-DOS.

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Farland Story 6 video is Up! (PC-98 Paradise)
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2023, 07:18:36 PM »
I'm still working on covering all the Farland Story games!

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: Xak: The Tower of Gazzel video is Up! (PC-88 Paradise)
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2023, 07:27:36 PM »
Did you know there was a game that comes between Fray and Xak III? There was! It just wasn't released on the PCE.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2023, 02:23:24 PM »
I'm catching up a bit.

Zeliard looks like a pretty neato game, though the tough as nails platforming would make me rage quit or at least give me an ulcer.  I could handle the grinding and mazey layouts (with maps from the interwebs anyhow), but that platforming is likely beyond my meager skills; I commend you for powering through.  The voices are good fun too; they're rough as hell but I'd have thought them bad ass for the 80s, and I agree that the tunes are quite pleasant as well.

Also, I'm glad you mentioned Adol.  Early on, I was thinking "Hey, look, it's everyone's favorite ginger adventurer!", and him leaving damp panties in his wake is totally on brand.

:adol:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2023, 07:30:15 PM »
"Hey, look, it's everyone's favorite ginger adventurer!", and him leaving damp panties in his wake is totally on brand.

LOL. I'm stealing that!

Anyway, here's my latest video. About a game from the makers of Valis, Cosmic Fantasy, Final Zone, Exile, etc.!

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
Re: PC-98 FM soundboard video is Up! (PC-98 Paradise)
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2024, 06:21:34 PM »
Here's a quick video I decided to make about the PC-98's FM soundboard.

esteban

« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2024, 04:49:35 PM »
Here's a quick video I decided to make about the PC-98's FM soundboard.

All your videos are great, but I love when you cover stuff like this, too.

ALSO: I used to think there was just ONE of you, and that you made all the content for NEO GEO and NEC PC stuff.

dum, i know. :)
  |    | 

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2024, 12:08:35 PM »
ALSO: I used to think there was just ONE of you, and that you made all the content for NEO GEO and NEC PC stuff.
The trinity! ♫ "The father, the son, the holy ghost. Which MC do you like the most"

kazekiri

• Basement Brothers
« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2024, 06:51:05 PM »
The trinity! ♫ "The father, the son, the holy ghost. Which MC do you like the most"

Yeah, I can see how it can be confusing. We've strayed pretty far from our original intended format where the three of us would all regularly post our own videos to the channel. At most times through the channel's history, only one of us was actively making videos at a time. Right now we're lucky that my brother Neo-Alec is actually working on Neo Geo videos pretty actively and we should see a few trickling out over the next few months (hopefully).

Anyway, here's Valis 2!

Did you know there was another "Valis 2", completely different from the one we know on our beloved Turbo? Watch the video and learn!