Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 91171 times)

KingDrool

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #1440 on: May 13, 2012, 05:45:26 AM »
Speaking of Victory Run, I played a bit of Chase HQ the other night. First time I'd ever played the Turbo version. It reminds me of Victory Run in terms of perspective, but it's a lot faster and more exciting. That said, the trade-off seems to be that it doesn't run very smoothly and the gameplay is extremely repetitive. I suppose that's to be expected from an arcade racer from the late 80s, though.
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

vestcoat

« Reply #1441 on: May 13, 2012, 08:15:47 AM »
I attempted another run at Victoly Run earlier today.
I'm amazed to see my opinion is still the same as it was 9 years ago.
It sucks.

Your review kind of missed the point. Victory Run looks and feels like a standard racer, but it calls for a completely different driving strategy than Outrun or Rad Racer:
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9808.msg173375#msg173375

Not for everyone, but it doesn't suck.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #1442 on: May 13, 2012, 08:35:22 AM »
Been playing Last Armageddon on and off for the past week or so. Can't really get into it due to language barrier and the lack of faqs kind of kills it. I wish I knew more Japanese...

Sadler

« Reply #1443 on: May 25, 2012, 03:47:11 AM »
Played a bit of a bunch of games in the past few weeks. New Zealand Story is super charming, reminds me of Parasol Stars. Momotaro Katsugeki is neat, but I won't pretend I got terribly far in it. Flash Hiders is pretty, but I haven't figured out the moves yet. I was under the impression that it's basically like SF2 (and Kabuki Itoryuden), but I had a *way* easier time figuring out Kabuki than Flash Hiders. I probably should try all the characters and maybe look at the manual. Also played a bit of Coryoon. It's cool, I think I prefer Air Zonk to it though. Enemy shots seem to blend into the background and I constantly get tagged. Also, finally got back into LoX last night, excited to finish up the first area this weekend!

city41

« Reply #1444 on: May 25, 2012, 04:13:21 AM »
Been playing Dragon's Curse. I'm tiger man fighting blue samurais and realize my only hope is a good stock of tornadoes. So need to find a good spot to grind and pick up a bunch.

Also been working on Ys 2 slowly. Not really feeling it right now, might shelve this one and come back (not a dig on the game at all, it rocks, just not in the mood for it currently)

NightWolve

"Dragon Spirit" - 5/25/2012
« Reply #1445 on: May 25, 2012, 05:18:46 PM »
I didn't wanna just have my TurboExpress sitting there for another half a decade doing nothing after having gone to the trouble of to make it functional again, so I grabbed "Dragon Spirit" and gave it a whirl! Entered the code for 100 continues and managed to beat it in a couple of hours. Last stages were pretty tough at times, but I eventually plowed through victoriously (eh, with a quite a bit of continues, but who keeps count of that sort of thing, right fellas? Hehe!)! I noticed the ending text was pretty badly translated, which kinda surprised me - I didn't remember that, I probably didn't care to read it thoroughly as a kid...

tpivette

« Reply #1446 on: May 25, 2012, 05:48:57 PM »
STILL can't find the lantern in Dragon Slayer, so I've restarted in hopes of searching more thoroughly to locate it.

The wife and I have been playing 2 player Cadash in hopes of finishing it with the Ninja and Mage... so far, not much luck.

Still have to clear Dungeon Explorer with a few characters...

Game on!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Robknoxious1

« Reply #1447 on: May 26, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »
I'm currently on Dungeon Explorer. I absolutely loved that game back in the day but haven't played it in many years (at least 15). I was always console hopping.

While I'm enjoying it I think the nostalgic memories had me overhyped. I'll go onto DE2 with more realistic expectations.

420GOAT

« Reply #1448 on: May 26, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »
devils crush
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

storino03

« Reply #1449 on: May 26, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »
I've gone back into Ys Books 1 and 2. Currently halfway through Book 2. It's a nice game. I've also been playing Cosmic Fantasy 2. I think I'm a little more than halfway into that game.

As far as hucards go, I started Neutopia. Currently on the second shrine. Cute game and I like the music.

JapanTokei

« Reply #1450 on: May 27, 2012, 03:24:52 AM »
I'm trying to set some time everyday to play through XakI&II.  It looks awesome and I will be playing it for the game experience with speed in mind, so will be using the walkthroughs.. :)

after XaK my next up will be Dynastic Hero.  going to try to beat it.

SMF

« Reply #1451 on: May 28, 2012, 03:23:43 AM »
Been playing R-Type, So close to beating it i can feel it.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

FiftyQuid

« Reply #1452 on: May 28, 2012, 05:00:20 AM »
Galaga '90.  I didn't get far, but I still managed to impress myself.  I wish I had had this game back when I was a teenager.  So many more hours I could have wasted.  Ha!
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

roflmao

« Reply #1453 on: May 28, 2012, 05:47:19 AM »
I played some Gradius II yesterday.  Made it to the level after the Easter Island heads; the one with the columns that fall.  I don't think I've ever beaten that level. :)

cabbage

« Reply #1454 on: May 28, 2012, 08:46:03 AM »
Played through Bomberman '93 sporadically this weekend. Just watched the credits roll... tried to take a photo of the ending screen and my camera kept auto-focusing on the little monster faces, so cute! Maybe I'll do '94 or classic Bomberman next.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:48:25 AM by cabbage »