Author Topic: What Turbo game are you currently playing?  (Read 88434 times)

kid_rondeau

Re: What Turbo game are you currently playing?
« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2008, 11:44:56 AM »
Using SLOW mode completely defeats the purpose of playing the game.... You're just taking advantage of a glitch in the code and cheating. Where's the fun in that?

"Where's the fun in that?"

...It's Deep Blue we're talking about, so I think the answer to that question is obvious.

The only enjoyable (in my opinion) thing about that game is the opening music piece. Sometimes I'll load the chip, let it play, and then move on to something else.

But to address your point more legitimately, I have to say it's not my fault that the Slow feature regenerates life; I use Slow because I need to slow the game down to beat it. I feel a game is still righteously beaten if you used slow to do it.

Although I'm probably VERY alone in that opinion....

nat

« Reply #256 on: September 23, 2008, 11:46:52 AM »

No doubt. Especially being someone who has beaten the game legitimately, I have NO respect for your "accomplishment."  :wink:

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #257 on: September 23, 2008, 12:53:36 PM »
Legendary Axe II - so much more 16-bit than the original!!     8)

turbofan1

« Reply #258 on: September 23, 2008, 04:01:02 PM »
I always thought Legendary Axe II was A underrated game.The game can get A little repetitive in some areas,still A great game.The ending left open for A sequel,that never happened.

ceti alpha

« Reply #259 on: September 24, 2008, 07:47:07 AM »

I always thought Legendary Axe II was A underrated game.The game can get A little repetitive in some areas,still A great game.The ending left open for A sequel,that never happened.

I beat Legendary Axe bitd. Never played the sequel. I gotta get these two game.  8)

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Ratix

« Reply #260 on: September 24, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »
Using SLOW mode completely defeats the purpose of playing the game.... You're just taking advantage of a glitch in the code and cheating. Where's the fun in that?

"Where's the fun in that?"

...It's Deep Blue we're talking about, so I think the answer to that question is obvious.

The only enjoyable (in my opinion) thing about that game is the opening music piece. Sometimes I'll load the chip, let it play, and then move on to something else.

But to address your point more legitimately, I have to say it's not my fault that the Slow feature regenerates life; I use Slow because I need to slow the game down to beat it. I feel a game is still righteously beaten if you used slow to do it.

I managed to get to scene B but gave up shortly after. i will pick it up again it plays nice BGM as i play the game except when the crazy parts happen

I beat Legendary Axe bitd. Never played the sequel. I gotta get these two game.  8)
I have both those games!
and i do love Legendary Axe who knew flare would wait for gogan all that time? as for the sequel i did feel that it wasn't that much of a sequel but the game overall had a good feel to it.

ceti alpha

« Reply #261 on: November 08, 2008, 07:24:01 AM »
Just cleared Final Zone II. This game is a real diamond in the rough. I love the various gameplay modes and getting to play different characters. In the last couple levels the character you choose really determines how well you do. The voice acting is terrible, but it's so bad it's good. It's better than bad, it's good.

The final boss music will change your life forever.

In honour of Final Zone II: (I believe this is the Happy Console Gamer)

« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 07:28:04 AM by ceti alpha »

Black Tiger

« Reply #262 on: November 08, 2008, 02:18:47 PM »
I'm currently playing Blood Gear. This is the first time I've gotten anywhere in the game. In the past I was turned off by how long it took to get started and didn't really know what the game was like.

It's awesome. 8)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ceti alpha

« Reply #263 on: November 09, 2008, 06:34:07 AM »
Blood Gear looks pretty damn cool - Veigues, with a little more platforming. Good combo.  8)

Right now Star Parodia has my full attention.

I can see that Bikkuriman World is going to be a long stretched out battle. lol There's this hidden boss on stage 3, IIRC. It's the boss with the scarf over her face and she throws those boulders at you. I just can't seem to beat her. She takes a shit load of hits. I've been stuck on her for weeks. I might just skip her and move on because I've made it to level 9 without fighting her. It will kill me not knowing what beating her gives you.  ](*,)

Black Tiger

« Reply #264 on: November 09, 2008, 06:55:31 AM »
Blood Gear looks pretty damn cool - Veigues, with a little more platforming. Good combo.  8)

Blood Gear is more like Ys III with more gameplay.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

blueraven

« Reply #265 on: November 09, 2008, 08:22:52 AM »
I'm working on The Legend of Xanadu part 1. I'm starting to question the whole bump-fighter thing again, but I'm really enjoying having a functioning system to work with.  8)
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

mbrayf

« Reply #266 on: November 09, 2008, 08:29:48 AM »
I'm currently splitting my time between Bomberman '94 and Override... I'm hooked on shooters and beating the lad at bomberman...    :twisted:
Too many consoles, not enough time!!!!

nectarsis

« Reply #267 on: November 09, 2008, 08:34:09 AM »
I'm working on The Legend of Xanadu part 1. I'm starting to question the whole bump-fighter thing again, but I'm really enjoying having a functioning system to work with.  8)

The Legend of Xanadu is such a great ga,e (nothing beats flying thru a row of slimes at turbo speeds ;) Sadly I need to start from scratch as my save was lost :(
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

blueraven

« Reply #268 on: November 09, 2008, 08:45:25 AM »

The Legend of Xanadu is such a great ga,e (nothing beats flying thru a row of slimes at turbo speeds ;) Sadly I need to start from scratch as my save was lost :(

I just got the game for about $8, and I'm impressed. I've heard that 2 is totally insane.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

nectarsis

« Reply #269 on: November 09, 2008, 08:50:57 AM »
Never played part 2 yet (NEED to finish part 1 first).  Nat, and runinruder on here are the 2 main people on here that enlightened me to these GREAt games, and are full of great info on these :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>